+ Reply to Thread

The coberst Report

Does anyone else find it somewhat mystifying that this coberst character has started dozens of threads in this "Science Controversy" section of the forum, yet most of them ramble on at length with inconclusive philosophical debates?

There are numerous Philosophy Forums for that type of debate, so why choose a forum that is named SCAM.COM? It's like searching for a silk purse in a sow's arse!

He loves to air his knowledge by quoting well known authors and thinkers, yet seldom contributes anything original. Perhaps by "slumming" in the Scam forum, he's hoping to impress the unwashed rabble with his brilliant "insight", thus giving his ego the strokes it needs.

Question for coberst: Why not give the genuine Philosophy Forums a try? Are you afraid you'll get your arse handed to you by really smart thinkers?

Give the philosophy crap a break from this section and allow seriously knowledgable scientists, like Kazza, space to contribute.

If any of you Site Administrators wander by this thread, I beg you, please make a Philosophy Controversy section, just to stop egotists like him posting in the Science section - he's cluttering it up with non-scientific crap. etwhore:
    People usually get the gods they deserve -Terry Pratchett

Grouch Happens!

Re: The coberst Report

I agree, I have asked him several times why he is posting here. He has never given a answer.
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

I have asked him the very same question a number of times without response.

He also posts this crap on many other board with the same response.

Time for him to go.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

i'm learning some stuff that i would have to go fish elsewhere for if it even occured to me??plus!i can use his material to expound on in different terms?besides,it is supposed to originate/refer from/to the "science" of SGCS and CT?it's not like he is here on some subliminal mission to turn science into religion?why some people are freaked/threatened by his postings is suspicious in itself?you'd think he was trying to secretly plant ID or something?maybe they relate/catorgorize philosophy with religion?you have to admit in this line of science you have to very careful not to cross that line?which i will interject that no 1 has yet shown how a "thought" of moving an appendage is actually accomplished?given that no one can usually remember any thought of such an action?because it was done automatically?BOOGEYMAN!:nervouss:
    Last edited by lexx; 03-25-2009 at 07:58 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

lexx, no offense intended, but trying to read your posts gives me eye-strain and almost gives me a headache, so I usually skip reading your posts.

Perhaps if you tried using spaces at the end of sentences, applying the occassional paragraph and capitalising words that should be capped, I might manage to read your posts. I'm also trying to figure out why you end almost every sentence with a question mark, even when you're not posing a question.

Seriously - I mean that as constructive criticism, not to be offensive.
    People usually get the gods they deserve -Terry Pratchett

Grouch Happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man River View Post
    lexx, no offense intended, but trying to read your posts gives me eye-strain and almost gives me a headache, so I usually skip reading your posts.

Perhaps if you tried using spaces at the end of sentences, applying the occassional paragraph and capitalising words that should be capped, I might manage to read your posts. I'm also trying to figure out why you end almost every sentence with a question mark, even when you're not posing a question.

Seriously - I mean that as constructive criticism, not to be offensive.
    i never learned to do it automatically by practice so it's a mental chore to do it by self reminder? the question mark thing may represent the g-d type thing where 1 does not want to assume they are the authority in force on any matter of thought/reason? a disclaimer?or...i used to do this!? and got complaints so i picked 1. the less offensive 1?

as to capitalization i also find that a chore as i am not an accomplished typist although in high school i did 50 words a minute or something.

as to your ability to read my posts it's really a matter of willingness to glean any new material for consideration? i have seen much worse as far as anything expressed in written form here and i am able to glean from it. for an analogy i find it fairly easy to drive in the mild rain while my wipers are not on while my wife would have to pull over claiming she is blinded by the messy windshield. :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Lexx is cool. He doesn't clutter up the place with threads that on one is interested in. Coberst, on the other hand, needs a home that is appropriate. It is not here.