+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spam Is Bad

Spam Is Bad

This is a great site, the link is in the signature, mods that is ok, right? Don't ban me if it's not. I will figure out another way to post it.
    There is no way to become rich by running scams unless you have joined the Dark Side

Re: Spam Is Bad

Therealantispam, I visited your website and wish you all the best in your endeavours. Email spam is both annoying and time consuming.
    Last edited by RoseDesRochers; 04-06-2006 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseDesRochers
    Therealantispam, I visited your website and wish you all the best in your endeavours. Email spam is both annoying and time consuming.
    Well its not my website but its in the state I live in and I hope my state someday votes a very strict law against phony offers via spam. A lot of people will end up in jail or will be forced to get a real job or at least spam us with ads about real products. After all America is a consumer society. But isn't that just a great site??
    There is no way to become rich by running scams unless you have joined the Dark Side

RoseDesRochers, I think you misunderstood therealantispam's post.
    That site was created to fight spam right? Someone correct me...

Quote Originally Posted by dan1st
    , I think you misunderstood therealantispam's post.
    That site was created to fight spam right? Someone correct me...
    RoseDesRochers is wishing all the best, why do you think there is a misunderstanding? Yes, the site is ANTI Spam!

Dan, my only misunderstanding was that therealantispam doesnít own the site and Dan you can call me Rose. Therealantispam, yes it was a wonderful site. I would have liked to seen more articles relating to spam, but maybe thatís in their future.

Alright, cheers.
    And yep, fight spam! Hate em... ^^

No problem. :)

That website doesn't look very active but I am still happy to see sites like that. I hope some day there will be a federal law against spam.

You and me both. :)

Eh? Don't you guys dare leave me out...

Quote Originally Posted by dan1st
    Eh? Don't you guys dare leave me out...
    So sorry Dan! :)

I mean really, lets see if we can find any gov websites to post here that will teach us about the specific anti spam law in each state. I know California has such a law, I will search and provide links in my sign. tomorrow. The offers I got for fake jobs looked so real and got missed by my spam guard that I could have easily quit my good stable job and put my family in financial crisis. I have 2 kids under 3, a house mortgage and so forth. What if I left my real job for one of these fake job offers? Who will be held responsible? I think I will ask my congresswoman Tammy Baldwin! She is great! Very socially aware and will look into the state law for me! I will keep you posted!

http://www.spamlaws.com/

The following states have laws that regulate unsolicited email:

California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana
    Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington and West Virginia.

Let's hope that list grows bigger...

Quote Originally Posted by therealantispam
    I mean really, lets see if we can find any gov websites to post here that will teach us about the specific anti spam law in each state. I know California has such a law, I will search and provide links in my sign. tomorrow. The offers I got for fake jobs looked so real and got missed by my spam guard that I could have easily quit my good stable job and put my family in financial crisis. I have 2 kids under 3, a house mortgage and so forth. What if I left my real job for one of these fake job offers? Who will be held responsible? I think I will ask my congresswoman Tammy Baldwin! She is great! Very socially aware and will look into the state law for me! I will keep you posted!
    Therealantispam,
    I don't mean any disrespect, but I have to at least partially disagree with you (to a small extent anyway). If you were to quit your job for a fake offer, who would be held responsible? Don't you think you should be at least partially to blame? Sure, we should punish the authors of the fake offers, but cmon, for someone to quit their job without doing their homework first, well, thats just crazy! If I were to put my family in financial jeopardy because of my irresponsibility, I'd have a hard time looking at myself in the mirror.
    Thats why I always ask the question, why are people still getting duped? It just doesn't make sense to me! ESPECIALLY on fake job offers! Its just nuts!