+ Reply to Thread

Chase credit card scam beware. By Maria V Marcotte

Chase Manhattan Bank sent me an offer for a fixed rate of %4.99 for the life on a loan which I accepted, after less than a year of paying on time every month they doubled the minimum monthly payment. When I called to find out more information, the "customer service: representative told me I have the option of:

a) paying the excessive monthly payment.

b) closing my account and paying off the entire balance immediately

c) accepting a NEW rate of 7% interest with a lower monthly payment or monthly

No one should bank with Chase, accept their credit card scam offers or wish them luck with their pending merger/buyout. Chase is a bank that deserves to fail and all account holders would do well to get their money out and into another bank immediately before they lose their savings. Beware of this scam. Maria V. Marcotte:rotz:
    Maria Marcott

Re: Chase credit card scam beware. By Maria V Marc

Quote Originally Posted by marmar View Post
    Chase Manhattan Bank sent me an offer for a fixed rate of %4.99 for the life on a loan which I accepted, after less than a year of paying on time every month they doubled the minimum monthly payment. When I called to find out more information, the "customer service: representative told me I have the option of:

a) paying the excessive monthly payment.

b) closing my account and paying off the entire balance immediately

c) accepting a NEW rate of 7% interest with a lower monthly payment or monthly

No one should bank with Chase, accept their credit card scam offers or wish them luck with their pending merger/buyout. Chase is a bank that deserves to fail and all account holders would do well to get their money out and into another bank immediately before they lose their savings. Beware of this scam. Maria V. Marcotte:rotz:
    If you have it in writing, file a complaint. Citibank changed the terms of my checking account which guaranteed me lifetime free checking. Now they require a minimum balance of $6,000. I appealed, I won. Fortunately I kept the original "Welcome Package." That provided my proof.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

Re: Chase credit card scam beware. By Maria V Marc

Even if there is something writing, the fact the banks are doing this is a scam.
    Maria Marcott

Chase Bank overdrafts fees by Maria V. Marcotte

My bank, Chase Bank is charging $33.00 for overdraft fees now. If you overdraft $.10 cents, they will charge you $33.00. It is absurd when our economy is tanking that Chase wants to charge people these absurd fees to their customers. People work hard and bills these days are no fun when the economy isn't either. The bailout for Chase Bank should not be the expense of the customer when they need more customers in rough times. So I warn anyone thinking of opening an account with Chase Bank to consider another bank. BFA charges less plus free cheching but Chase charges $6.00 a month if you don't hold $300.00 in your account, that is $60.00 a year as Bank of America doesn't charge or requires you to have so much in your account. I am now going to Bank with BFA and plan on terminating my Chase Bank account.:rotz:

Maria V. Marcotte
    Maria Marcott

Citi Card

Here's one to watch for...I've had a Citi Card account for over 20 years. Recently I noticed the interest rate on it moving around. It went from 8.49 to a hugh 15.99! in two months! When I called them, they told me they sent me a notice a few months ago my rates would be changing. I refused to pay rates like that and asked that rate be reduced or I would not longer be a customer of Citi Bank. I had a balance and told them I would do a balance tranfer to another card - if the rate was not brought down. I was never late and and always paid on time for 20 years+. The rate was lock back in at 8.49, but...I was told since I did not agree to the new terms my account would be closed on the cards exp.date. I could not believe what I was hearing!! So much for Citi Bank. I made one last payment and moved the remining balance over to Bank of American at 0% for 15 months. To avoid it looking bad on my credit report I closed my Citi Bank account - I did not wait for them to close it on me!

Chase bank. Maria V. Marcotte

I would like to let people know about the scams from Chase Bank. I have been taken advantaged of and I am telling how they did to me.

On my Chase bank account, I have some unauthorized transactions and I notified Chase customer service. They said they would give me a new card and they would cancel the old card. They told me there would be no more transactions on my old card and I could file a claim to get me money back.

Well I did but they did not refund my money back. But also, I received new unauthorized transactions on my old card from new people trying to get money. Chase Bank let old and new transactions go through without my authorization and I got hit with all sorts of overdraft fees too. What a scam!

Beware of Chase bank, it is so much trouble to deal with. To see my account with transactions I never heard of and I get hit to pay for them, even canceling my account too.

I have to now file civil action against Chase Bank to require my funds back. I mean to update information and let transactions go through when they are not suppose to go through? That is pure maddess.

Don't do business with Chase Bank, nothing but bad news.

Maria V. Marcotte:rotz:
    Maria Marcott

Re: Chase bank. Maria V. Marcotte

I have heard that Chase bank is raising the price again on overdraft fees to $35.00. I think this bank is personally scamming people as JP Morgan Chase already announced quarter profits this year.:bah:
    Maria Marcott

Re: Chase bank. Maria V. Marcotte

Be careful of Chase bank cards. They have written offers for their convience checks that they do not keep. I used a check on a business account to buy a piece of equipment. When the check was posted on my account instead of the maximum charge of $99.00 I was charged $450. I have been trying for three months to try and get this adjusted. My final call this morning I was told unless I can produce the attached offer that came with the check I would have to pay the difference. Good Luck. I had three Chase cards. I'm down to the one the charge is on. Good buy Chase. I hope they go upside down.