+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DietStudy.com

DietStudy.com

So I hear a commercial on the radio about how this new company is testing a new way of dieting and they need testimonials, etc. So i go to dietstudy.com and fill out the form, they say I am accepted and to call a number with my confirmation number in hand. So I did, the lady on the phone went through her script, then she asked for a $150 deposit "for security purposes, and to make sure people are serious." At the end of the testing they send you a check for $1000 for participating. What do you guys think?

Re: DietStudy.com

Funny stuff....I went to the site and answered every question exactly wrong and still "qualified"!

I bet both of ya got this confirmation number:

yup, that was my confirmation number too. haha, thanks for your help guys, if anyone else has any more information about this org, please post it.

good to know. I also heard the commercial while listening to the adam corolla show. It looks no where near legit, and I'm assuming they don't pay out the 1k at the end.

I found this on the Better Business Bureau website:
    "One Day Diet/Products for Life/DietStudy.com is looking for participants in, what they claim, is a weight-loss study. When a BBB rep, posing as a potential customer, called the company, she was told that the typical weight loss was 20-30 pounds in 90 days. The "One Day Diet" consists of weight-loss tablets, supplements and dieting every other day. There is a $150 "deposit" for the first month and $75 per month charge for the following months. At the end of the 3-month "study," the money is supposed to be refunded, and $1,000 is supposed to be paid to the participant. The BBB rep was also told that the company is a BBB member. Not true! 118 complaints have been filed against this Wisconsin company, and they have the Bureau's lowest rating."

This is definitely a scam!!

i have started a new thread on this particular issue due to a new development.. i recommend checking it out

I aswell was almost taken by this scam. I got scared off at the last minute. I posted in my blog the entire event. Its very long but full of the crazy convo I had with the lady.

http://syphon2k3.blogspot.com/2006/0...ycom-scam.html

My goodness........these ppl are pushy. I cant believe she told me NO when I said nevermind I dont want it. DONT ANYONE FALL FOR THIS PLEASE! I figure we need to push this information out all over the web...thank God for this forum otherwise i might have made a bad mistake.

I did this yesterday and I got a confimation number different from the one posted and called I was told the same thing $300 deposit that you get back at the end of the study. Someone posted that this Wisconsin company but the lady I spoke to last night told me she was in Maine. I dont know well thanks everyone who has posted now i know I will not be doing this. Have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by brandy1401
    I did this yesterday and I got a confimation number different from the one posted and called I was told the same thing $300 deposit that you get back at the end of the study. Someone posted that this Wisconsin company but the lady I spoke to last night told me she was in Maine. I dont know well thanks everyone who has posted now i know I will not be doing this. Have a great day
    Damn!! They must be watching this thread, because they changed the script on the website, now you can't just answer any which way, but as if you are interested. Plus, they changed the confirmation, they have more than one now. Still the number is a GIF file, a picture, thus not a dynamically generated number.

They are a scam, just a better programmed scammed.

After hearing about this Diet Study on "The River" radio station this morning, my wife decided to call to find out about it. Well, like everyone else, she found out it was a SCAM. They wanted $115.00 deposit for the first month and an unspecified monthly payment to pay for the suppliments. My wife called the radio station and told them it was a scam and they said they would pull it immediately. They also said it must have been called in by someone because they didn't have a client by that name. She was given a different confirmation number. It was DS54251.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamblighter
    Damn!! They must be watching this thread, because they changed the script on the website, now you can't just answer any which way, but as if you are interested. Plus, they changed the confirmation, they have more than one now. Still the number is a GIF file, a picture, thus not a dynamically generated number.

They are a scam, just a better programmed scammed.

UPDATE

They have reprogrammed again, now you do get a random generated number, so it does look better, yet they are a scam.

I was suspicious going through the questionaire and the results page that everyone was talking about. Before I found this thread I did a whois look on this to validate the web address.

It seems wierd that this .com domain has been registered since 2000 and that everyone involved is anoymous. Which was a red flag to me that this may not be legitimate.

Registrant:
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
    15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: DIETSTUDY.COM
    Created on: 11-Feb-00
    Expires on: 11-Feb-10
    Last Updated on: 19-Jan-06

Administrative Contact:
    Private, Registration DIETSTUDY.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    United States
    (480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
    Private, Registration DIETSTUDY.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    United States
    (480) 624-2599

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS161.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM
    NS162.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM

Registry Status: ACTIVE
    Registry Status: ok

everyone this is a true scam!!!!! i also thought this was to good to be true loose weight and get paid!!! so i went to the site and took the test to qualify to enroll and i did and then an 800 number came up along with a confermation code for me to call and to get started on this incredible deal. i was so thrilled untill the rep said that there would be a deposit for security purposes of $150 for the first month ,$75 the second month and another $75 the third month- $300! so of course i asked why? and i was told they wanted to make sure the study was completed, and once it was completed the deposit plus $1000.00 would be given. strange dont you think??? the rep was getting so angry at the questions i was asking concering the deposit money,,why was he getting so mad? duhhh its a scam!! i was asked the same question nearly 10 times " do u want to loose weight"? he kept me on the phone for 15 min arguing and trying to convince me to sign up with the program,,and then i asked the question that said it all " if this is not a scam ,why would you for the last 15 min try to hard to convice me to sign up to GIVE ME $1000.oo. ''and of course he hung up on me.so becareful!!!

like i said before it is a scam!! i forgot to mention in the last post that i asked the rep if the diet study company would met with the participants and he answerd no ,he said everything is by mail,how is that a study!! i mean if i was offering people $1000.00 to be in my study i would definetly want to met them first,,wouldnt you agree. so come on this is just another way to rip people off. oh and he never asked me for my confermation number!! funny huh!!

IMPORTANT INFO IF YOU REALLY WANT TO MESS WITH THESE MONEY STEALING BASTARDS YOU SHOULD KJNOW THEIR MAIN CALL CENTER IS IRONICALLY ENOUGH LOCALTED IN SCARBOROUGH MAINE. THE CALL CENTER CONTRACTED OUT TO DO THE MAJOIRTY OF THE CALLS IS CALLED LISTEN UP LLC. YOU CAN FOUND THEIR NUMBER ON GOOGLE IT IS 207 396 5180. YOU CAN ALSO FAX THEM AT 207 396 5101. THE PRODUCT 'REAL LIFE WEIGHT LOSS STUDY' IS ALSO DEF A SCAM. THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN ABOUT 5 PEOPLE PAID OUT AND PEOPLE ARE DISQUALIFIED FOR ANY REASON THE COMPANY FEELS. THE COMPANY THAT RUNS IT IS THE 'REAL LIFE WEIGHT LOSS STUDY' OUT OF RENO, NV. THEY CAN BE FOUND ON WWW.RENO.BBB.ORG WITH 7 COMPLAINS HOWEVER IF YOU GO TO THE WISCONISON BBB THEY HAVE 117 COMPLAINTS. THEY ARE NOT THE ONE DAY DIET. THEY ARE SCAMMING OFF OF ANOTHER SCAM (THE ONE DAY DIET). THE OWNERS NAME IS DAMIAN HAWKINS AS POSTED ON THE RENO BBB. THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM. THEY STOLE MY MONEY!!!!!!