+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your Greatest Pearl of Wisdom Is >>>

Everybody is a genius. Everybody has opinions that are utterly brilliant. Just ask anybody, particularly a Democrat.

Wait, leave politics out of this.

Write down here, for all to see, what you believe is your greatest pearl of wisdom.
    Distill it down to one simple sentence.
    If you had to provide evidence of your worldly knowledge, travels, and/or contribution that would be universally recognized and appreciated, what would that be?

I have found great joy and satisfaction in doing what I can to make the world a better place by helping others whenever and wherever an opportunity presents itself, whether it be changing the tire for a lady with a flat, or pushing a stalled car off the center of the freeway, or sharing what I have with others; express your gratitude and appreciation for the gifts God has blessed you with.

Re: Your Greatest Pearl of Wisdom Is >>>

Best advice I've ever read was this:

It's good to have money and the things money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the things money can't buy.
    --- George Horace Lorimer

Nothing is ever as BAD or as GOOD as it seems!

Obviously most people don't feel that they have any pearls of wisdom to contribute.

Funny that there are hundreds of thousands of posts, many of folks calling others "stupid" and "idiot." But when it comes time to speak out with what you really know, well, the overwhelming majority say nothing.

"Its all water over the dam"
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    Obviously most people don't feel that they have any pearls of wisdom to contribute.

Funny that there are hundreds of thousands of posts, many of folks calling others "stupid" and "idiot." But when it comes time to speak out with what you really know, well, the overwhelming majority say nothing.
    Give them time!

Some people need to work up to posting stuff they have to think about. :spin2:

IMO there is no 'greatest pearl of wisdom'... just a string of phrases or quotes that offer one a little insight into the human condition, maybe help one out along their journey and maybe even be a little entertaining.
    For example:
    "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."
    "Better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Some of the best can be found in the wit of Ambrose Bierce.
    http://www.alcyone.com/max/lit/devils/
    for example:

TRUTH, n.
    An ingenious compound of desirability and appearance. Discovery of truth is the sole purpose of philosophy, which is the most ancient occupation of the human mind and has a fair prospect of existing with increasing activity to the end of time.

TRUTHFUL, adj.
    Dumb and illiterate.

TRUST, n.
    In American politics, a large corporation composed in greater part of thrifty working men, widows of small means, orphans in the care of guardians and the courts, with many similar malefactors and public enemies.
    TURKEY, n.
    A large bird whose flesh when eaten on certain religious anniversaries has the peculiar property of attesting piety and gratitude. Incidentally, it is pretty good eating.

TWICE, adv.
    Once too often.

8. 03-25-2009, 12:51 PM

Now You See It, Now You Don't

sheesh!!are you the 2 minute lover?starving for compliments?and saying something "pretty" like your bold last sentence does nothing to attract respect/truth?myself,i just found the thread!besides,with your seemingly sarchastically prejudiced "handle" your thread title "rings" disingenuos?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

in a room full of rocking chairs,dont be "the cat"?:spidey:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

never play leapfrog with a unicorn?:cwm2:

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Everybody is a genius. Everybody has opinions that are utterly brilliant. Just ask anybody, particularly a Democrat.

Wait, leave politics out of this.

Write down here, for all to see, what you believe is your greatest pearl of wisdom.
    Distill it down to one simple sentence.
    If you had to provide evidence of your worldly knowledge, travels, and/or contribution that would be universally recognized and appreciated, what would that be?

I have found great joy and satisfaction in doing what I can to make the world a better place by helping others whenever and wherever an opportunity presents itself, whether it be changing the tire for a lady with a flat, or pushing a stalled car off the center of the freeway, or sharing what I have with others; express your gratitude and appreciation for the gifts God has blessed you with.

nice thoughts, but there are several sentences contained within your statement... Just a matter of correct grammatical structuring!:freak3:
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post

Damn, or do you preffer 'Darn it'? What's the different? I suppose what an individual's synapses determine, eh?:freak3:
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post

Damn, or do you prefer 'Darn it'? What's the difference? I suppose what an individual's synapses determine, eh?:freak3:
    The issue is contained and determined within the synapses of the beholder...:rasta:
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Damn, or do you preffer 'Darn it'? What's the different? I suppose what an individual's synapses determine, eh?:freak3:
    DAM
    barrier controlling flow of water: a barrier of concrete or earth that is built across a river or stream to obstruct or control the flow of water.

DAMN
    used to express annoyance: used emphatically or as a swearword to express annoyance, disappointment, or frustration with somebody or something.

Re: Whistle while you misspell

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    sheesh!!are you the 2 minute lover?starving for compliments?and saying something "pretty" like your bold last sentence does nothing to attract respect/truth?myself,i (SIC) just found the thread!besides,with your seemingly sarchastically (SIC) prejudiced "handle" your thread title "rings" disingenuos(SIC) ?
    I don't recall asking anyone for compliments. Perhaps you could cite that exact sentence I wrote......