+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emetrix.com

Re: Emetrix.com

Additional DBA Names
    DVD-CLONER.COM
    CCNow Incorporated

Regnow

NOTE: These are listed as DBA's But I am unsure of the actual affiliation. Seperate list for some reason
    Additional DBA Names
    WinZip

Emetrix
    RegNet & Set Systems

Element5

these companies listed here from the list above are ones i have dealt with in the past. It is mainly done through Element5 or emetrix, but i have never been faulted. I have been buying from them since 2006:
    --purchase online software
    --recieve email to confirm it and/or --activate it
    --get download
    --run download
    software runs as expected compared to freeware software. I feel bad that you guys have been stiffed somehow, but with nearly 3 years of buying from some of the entities that are contested here and not being stiffed myself.....i just figured i would input for anyones sake.

Hi - I think I'm one of the latest victims of emetrix.com - purchased some software (to go with my iphone) and have never been able to activate it - went back and forth to their "support" people, but no support was forthcoming.

Just want to warn people not to use that company. Also wish I had used Paypal as at least I might have had some sort of comeback.

Just what we need with a recession.

WARNING DON'T BUY EMETRIX - frauds, and con artists. Regards Anne

I wish I had read this BEFORE I gave Emetrix $35. I haven't heard from them in a week - no registration code

Guess I've been done too

:1crysad: Sorry to hear that. I tried following up with Emetrix and RegNow - but no luck.

If you paid with PayPal you might be able to follow up with their dispute resolution.

I was looking for AVI/MP4 converter and have ended up with Cucusoft - which is just fantastic.

Best wishes
    Anne

I also purchased a CD from eMetrixwho supplies CD's for Totalidea software. Totalidea makes Tweak VI for Vista. I might have a solution to this board. If you pay by Credit card, most of the credit card companies have a procedure for contesting a payment for services NOT delivered. I used Mosaic Mastercard and their limit is 90 days from posting. Visa, I believe is 6 months. Some other cards have more or less limits. I have already contested my payment for a merchandise not received, and I have been in contact with my Credit card company who have asked for all correspondence related to the purchase. I too have recieved requests for verification of address. This seems to be the way they delay sending out a CD. In my humble opinion, this is out and out Mail Fraud.
    If I lived in the US, I would make a complaint to the US postal Service, but I live in Canada, and I don't believe they would do anything for a non citizen. I hope this suggestion helps others on this board.

cdnloon

Dec16Th I purchased a registration key for cooltabs 2.0 (Alerma.com) I never got an email from Emetrix which they claim they sent from the online receipt I got when I purchased it. I have been on the Emetrix web site and sent FOUR online emails telling them that and a lot more. I have not received any replies from any of those online emails. My email address was correct on the order which is one of the reasons they claim online why you might not receive an email. I also checked all my spam folders and there was no emails in them from Emetrix. I just sent an email to [email protected] which was on the online receipt and copied & pasted the online receipt that I had so I will wait to see if anyone replies. What makes things even worse is that I've sent numerous emails to alerma.com (sales/support/info/webmaster) with no replies. I see that the charge is on my credit card so I will have to fight that from what I've read. I also wanted to use PayPal but when I clicked the buy now button on Alerma.com web site I did not have that option. Emetrix which is part of Digital River (DRI) claims to have "Real Support" for their customers & their customers, providing both email & telephone support. I looked their web site over thoroughly and never saw a support number to call. I'm also very upset because I really like cooltabs 2.0, after the 30 day trial period I suppose it will self destruct. I won't give up sending more online emails/complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by wingbike View Post
    Dec16Th I purchased a registration key for cooltabs 2.0 (Alerma.com) I never got an email from Emetrix which they claim they sent from the online receipt I got when I purchased it. I have been on the Emetrix web site and sent FOUR online emails telling them that and a lot more. I have not received any replies from any of those online emails. My email address was correct on the order which is one of the reasons they claim online why you might not receive an email. I also checked all my spam folders and there was no emails in them from Emetrix. I just sent an email to [email protected] which was on the online receipt and copied & pasted the online receipt that I had so I will wait to see if anyone replies. What makes things even worse is that I've sent numerous emails to alerma.com (sales/support/info/webmaster) with no replies. I see that the charge is on my credit card so I will have to fight that from what I've read. I also wanted to use PayPal but when I clicked the buy now button on Alerma.com web site I did not have that option. Emetrix which is part of Digital River (DRI) claims to have "Real Support" for their customers & their customers, providing both email & telephone support. I looked their web site over thoroughly and never saw a support number to call. I'm also very upset because I really like cooltabs 2.0, after the 30 day trial period I suppose it will self destruct. I won't give up sending more online emails/complaints.
    Follow up
    Dec19th late in the day I finally got a reply from Emetrix.com. They said they had resent the email to the address on the account. You think the person who had sent me the email would have included the confirmation email with the reply. I was still no better off than I was before. So I sent a reply to the email stating that and again attached all the previous messages that I sent. I told them if they checked they would see that the email address on the account was indeed the same as the address they just replied to me so why can't they get it to me? I then went back online to Emetrix and sent ANOTHER message. I supplied them with another email account to try. I said perhaps your system cannot handle an email address with a . in it (period [email protected]) Today Sunday the 22nd wouldn't you know it I received TWO emails one to each account. Boy was that painful, It's too bad because I told my credit card company not to pay them so now I'll have to get that resolved, yikes!

I just received a full credit through Mastercard after initiating a credit card dispute over non-delivery of CD with eMetrix. Since this was for Tweak VI software with Totalidea software company, it makes it doubly sweet since Totalidea doesn't give refunds for any reason. I encourage others on this board to pursue complaints through your credit card to right a wrong.

I bought software on 28 Sep 2008 and the transaction was completed through Emetrix and charged to my credit card. I was given a link to a license file (which turned out to be a free trial license from the software publisher), with promises of a full license to be emailed in a few days. I've tried contacting them multiple times since then, and recently threatened legal action if they continued to ignore me. I received another link which was described by Emetrix as 'the full licensed and working version'. I turned out to be the same trial license as last year. I can still search for and find my receipt on their website as confirmation that they charged me for the software. When I pointed out to them that they had sent the trial license again, they responded that 'due to the age of the order' they were unable to pursue the matter, and have left me to try and get either my money or a valid license from some website in China. Apparently credit card fraud is no problem for them, and they have no interest in providing goods that have been paid for, or responding to customers who they have stolen money from. I'm happy to forward all the email correspondence including receipts and bank statements to any authorities interested in pursuing this further. My advice would be that if the payment process for software is handled by Emterix - find alternative software and don't let them steal from you.