+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emetrix.com

Emetrix.com

Please, anybody who experienced problems with emetrix.com, let me know. We have had several complaints of people buying software via emetrix.com payment processor and never received order confirmation and software but their CC have been charged. We are investigating this matter and it appears that emetrix.com is part of the SEC Digital River, but we need as much material as possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Emetrix.com

I have just been scammed by the Russian Mafia with a Domain Appraisal Scam through 'allfordoamins.com' and 'softforces.com' they used Emetrix.com for their billing. I am less $94 now!

I have been in touch with emetrix on the telephone but they just talk and do nothing, just excuses, they will not respond to my emails either.

It seems that Emetrix are working with the scammers to scam millions of Dollars out of the public. I sent emetrix evidence that their clients were defrauding the public but they continue to bill for them, on top of that they even charged me VAT 17.5% sales tax because I was in the UK which is also illegal.

I have reported these Companies to IC3 (ic3.gov) which is part of the FBI for investigation, I suggest that everybody who has been defrauded by these guys do the same as to throw more weight and pressure for the FBI to take some action and shut these Ba****ds down.

I have setup a page with all the details of the scam they operate for all to see at 'i-telecoms.co.uk'

It seems Emetrix is only a Billing Company for their own scams and the Russian Mafia. I have been searching the internet for anyone who uses Emetrix for billing of their products but it seems that there isn't any, just russian scammers using Emetrix.

HI, I am in Australia and I have been completely scanned. After purchasing some software through this company and finding that software was not suitable, I have requested an refund from them and they keep replying to my requests with inane emails and no refund. Has anyone else had this experience, and what can you do about it?

cheers
    Kirsti

I am ashamed to say that I have been swindled out of a massive $379.99.

The software seemed to good to be true, promised that I would make money, and I really need it with the child on the way.

I got the software and installed it, but was told that my login needs to be reset and to contact customer support, tha was 2 weeks ago, I havent heard anything fom anybody.

I thought that the software was "too good to be true" before I bought it, but thought that my credit card company would back me if something went wrong.

Now they tell me that there is no law for downloads, as a product doesnt exist, there is nothing to send back and claim a refund.

So it looks like the money is gone forever, anyone who wants more info just email me [email protected]

This may be the parent company digitalriver.com, or the others are somehow affiliated with it.

BBB Report shows;
    Digital River, Inc.
    9625 W. 76th St.
    Suite #150
    Eden Prairie, MN 55344-3775
    Telephone: (952) 253-1234
    Fax: (952) 253-8497
    www.digitalriver.com

Original Business Start Date: February 1994
    Principal: Mr. Joel Ronning, CEO
    TOB Classification: Internet Shopping Services, Internet Marketing Services
    BBB Membership: This company is a member.
    BBB Membership Status
    This company has been a member of this Better Business Bureau since March 2007. This means it supports the Bureau's services to the public and meets our membership standards.

Program Participation
    This company has agreed to use special procedures including arbitration, if necessary, to resolve disputes through their participation in the following programs: Membership Identification program and eligibility requirements.
    Additional DBA Names
    DVD-CLONER.COM
    CCNow Incorporated
    Reg Soft.Com
    Regnow
    Digibuy
    NOTE: These are listed as DBA's But I am unsure of the actual affiliation. Seperate list for some reason
    Additional DBA Names
    WinZip
    Infocon
    Emetrix
    RegNet & Set Systems
    ShareIt! Inc.
    Element5
    Gamezone
    Filebasket
    FreeMerchant
    Orbit
    Qwerks
    I added the note because I have used Digital River through the Element5 site in the past, 5-6 years ago, with no problems. I d/l'ed Lavasoft's Ad-aware from them, even got updates until last year for free.

The BBB also gives this company a satisfactory rating. They have had 227 complaints in the last 36 months, with 117 in the last year.

Here is the BBB report for Emetrix.com.
    Emetrix
    2706 Gannon Road
    Saint Paul, MN 55116
    Telephone: (801) 497-9456
    Fax: (801) 497-9456
    www.qwerks.com
    www.emetrix.com

Principal: Yvonne Halls
    Customer Contact: Yvonne Halls - (801) 497-9456
    File Open Date: October 2002
    TOB Classification: Computers Software & Services
    BBB Membership: This company is not a member.
    The Bureau has requested basic information from this company but has not received a response. As a result, the Bureau may not have current information about the company.
    Additional Addresses
    1648 Willow Drive
    Kaysville, UT 84037

447 North 300 West Ste 2
    Kaysville, UT 84037

447 North 300 West
    Kaysville, UT 84037

Additional Phone Numbers
    Tel: (888) 282-5887
    You can file a complaint with the BBB here; https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by mr moo
    I thought that the software was "too good to be true" before I bought it, but thought that my credit card company would back me if something went wrong.

Now they tell me that there is no law for downloads, as a product doesnt exist, there is nothing to send back and claim a refund.
    Your credit card company said that??? In the United States?
    Web of Trust browser plugin for IE and Firefox - Pops up a warning when a risky website is accessed and adds safety indicators to outbound links. Site safety is determined by consensus among WoT users.

SwagBucks - Be rewarded for searching or shopping. Prize received!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrain
    Your credit card company said that??? In the United States?
    Silverrain,

Sorry, I didnt explain, I am in the UK. Either we have stupid laws, or it just hasnt been passed yet. They said if they failed deliver a product, or if they can prove th software to be faulty I can have a refund. But they said that I need to take an independant report proving the software to be faulty, this costs more than the software, and is difficult to get back......

On a lighter note, emetrix called me and said if the software is still not working by wednesday they will refund me, i just hope they honour it. It's extremely difficult to mount pressure from the UK

Got this a few hours ago......

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Emetrix.

As there has been no reply from the software author to the emails that we sent on your behalf, we have refunded your order number E***********. It can take 7-10 business days for the refund to post to your account. We apologize that this was not a good shareware experience. This is not typical of the software authors that use our service. If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this message. When replying, please be sure to include this and any other pertinent correspondence in your message.

Kind Regards, Nicole G.
    Emetrix Customer Service
    http://Emetrix.com
    Case ID: 238****

Hopefully this will happen

Let us know when you receive the refund
    Last edited by pcwork; 08-01-2007 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcwork
    Let us know when you receive the refund

Will do, I expect it in 5 days.....

nothing yet

12. 08-06-2007, 06:58 AM

still nothing yet.......
    this doesnt look promising

GOT THE REFUND!!!

WOOT WOOT

im now very happy

I had the same thing happen, after completing the order form it told me the name or address was not correct and gave me the option of returning to the order form page. After multiple combinations of addresses and names, I ended up using a different card which went through the first time. When I checked my bank account there were 7 separate pending charges, for the multiple previous attempts. I called the number that was given and was told that these would not be completed and I would not be charged. We will see if this is the case.....

Re: Emetrix.com & Webextractor.com

I have ordered Webextractor from Webectractor.com over Emetrix two days ago. Nothing happens till now. I have written four times to both companies and got no answer, neither from Emetrix nor from Webextractor.

Hi I too live in australia. and hav got the same problem with .emetrix.. I purchased software from them and after wasting numerous hour loading and uninstall thier software trying to get it to work it still does not work..I also asked for a refund after explaining to them in simple detail that the bloody thing will not work..I got the same inane reply "We disagree with you the software works" NOW, HOW BLOODY MEAN IS THAT.!! Cheers terry