+ Reply to Thread

Tyler Anderson Hiring Director scam

I recently replied to an ad on Craigslist for an employment opportunity. Unfortunately, I replied to many ads. I don't know which one it was. I received an email today from Tyler Anderson Hiring Director with the following message:

Hi,
    Thank you for your response! Unfortunately we have so many people sending us applications that we cannot currently process them all. We have set up a website that will help us screen out people who are not qualified. Just go here and follow ALL the instructions. This screening is very easy to follow. When you are completely finished we will review your answers and contact you.

Thank you for your interest!

Tyler Anderson
    Hiring Director

I clicked on highlighted "here" word. It took me to this website: http://socalcareer.com/task1.php. I went on to take a personality test that came in two parts. I submitted all my answers on the first part. I got suspicious when it asked me to go to another website that offered free laptops and another one that offered free gift cards. All I had to do was enter my email and the submit button. So, I googled "Tyler Anderson Hiring Director" and one of the links that I came across was a forum full of scammers. It made me feel really dumb that I took the time to fill out all the information. I'm currently jobless and have been looking for work for almost 2 months now. It's wrong that people make money by fooling people who are looking for work especially in this crisis. Please don't fall for scams like this. Here is the website I found under his name and title:

My personal method to make $300/day from CL..Shoot yourself if ...
    Mar 13, 2009 ...

~Tyler Anderson Hiring Director . Digg this Post! Add Post to del.icio.us · Bookmark Post in Technorati · Furl this Post! ...
    http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackha...thod-make-300- day-cl-shoot-yourself-if-does-not-work-you-2.ht... - 335k - Cached - Similar pages

If I am able to help at least one person, I will feel like I did my job in alerting potential victims. God bless.

Julie
    Modesto, CA

Re: Tyler Anderson Hiring Director scam

You can't trust anything on Craig's List these days. It was said that over 80% of apartment rentals are scams. Craig's list is loaded with prostitute ads and all sorts of money scams.

Someday, people will go back to the traditional newspaper ads, as I see it.
    Minneapolis Forums - Real People, Real Opinions - Minneapolis Finder

Opponion - Opposite Opinion

Re: Tyler Anderson Hiring Director scam

Hi Thanks for your info. Today I received exactly the same reply from a job I applied for. The link attached in my email was: http://www.bloggersden.com/quiz.php

In the same way as you I started filling out the personality test but got suspicious when I got redirected to the "win a laptop" page...I did not fill in that part but I guess they got my phone number from the CV if they wanted to use it...grrr....

Cheers Maja