+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Team National

Team National

My daughter has become involved with a company called Team National. Although she has been convinced that it is not a pyramid scheme, all things point to such. She said it is a benefits package she is selling to folks that she feels so good about cause it saves them alot. But I do not see the savings. Her Dad and I can get things cheaper by just watching for sales which is what we always do. I would really like for anyone who has had any kind of experience with this company to please post about it. She has put her heart and soul into this for the past few months and we really don't see much of each other anymore. I do so want it to be legit but can't help but think that after six or seven years of this the walls are going to come crashing down.
    Get rich quick is all the talk.

Re: Team National

Although I tend to lean in the same direction as you, I think Team National is probably one of the few MLMs that are actually legit. It really mimics a pyramid scheme and only time will tell........best of luck to you. Your daughter should be ok so long as she doesn't become obsessed....and sets some boundaries for herself.

Thanks for your input. And yes, time will tell. She seems to love the whole thing...so just hoping and praying all goes well. Still am so sceptical and would appreciate anyone elses thoughts on this company...Team National.

I am also involved in Team National, so I hope you don't find my opinion jaded! Team National is legit, there is actually a fairly detailed post about it her on Scam.com. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions after reading that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Katkcshort
    My daughter has become involved with a company called Team National. Although she has been convinced that it is not a pyramid scheme, all things point to such. She said it is a benefits package she is selling to folks that she feels so good about cause it saves them alot. But I do not see the savings. Her Dad and I can get things cheaper by just watching for sales which is what we always do. I would really like for anyone who has had any kind of experience with this company to please post about it. She has put her heart and soul into this for the past few months and we really don't see much of each other anymore. I do so want it to be legit but can't help but think that after six or seven years of this the walls are going to come crashing down.
    Get rich quick is all the talk.
    6 or 7 years??? Don't hold your breath. The owners will milk it til the cash cow runs dry.

So are you saying she could be doing this for a really long time before the bottom falls out? We don't see any real savings with this benefit package they sell. The website she has, we can get things as cheap or cheaper and without the hassle either it seems. My husband tried to find and book a trip for us so she could get the commission and could have a good testimony and he said it was very difficult for one thing to navigate through and kept directing to different things and in the end he just went to priceline.com and got a better deal with much less hassle. Admittedly I do not know EVERYTHING there is to know about this company, but the more I research the more I am so skeptical. For one thing the people who are involved seem so very positive and go go go about the whole deal. But then of course they are, they are in it. The ones who have been in it and are out of it I seem to believe the most. Yes, maybe it works if you are one to put heart sole and absoulutely love to be on the phone constantly giving testimonies and always seeing everyone you meet as a prospect then guess you could make money. But the bottom line is I think alot of these people are recruiting and are not really saving with their own package and really are some well meaning folks who are going to lose in the end. Anyone else who has had the experience with team national?

Quote Originally Posted by worn T-Shirt
    6 or 7 years??? Don't hold your breath. The owners will milk it til the cash cow runs dry.

The company is over 10 years old already. I would encourage you to do a little research before you start bad mouthing a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Katkcshort
    So are you saying she could be doing this for a really long time before the bottom falls out? We don't see any real savings with this benefit package they sell. The website she has, we can get things as cheap or cheaper and without the hassle either it seems. My husband tried to find and book a trip for us so she could get the commission and could have a good testimony and he said it was very difficult for one thing to navigate through and kept directing to different things and in the end he just went to priceline.com and got a better deal with much less hassle. Admittedly I do not know EVERYTHING there is to know about this company, but the more I research the more I am so skeptical. For one thing the people who are involved seem so very positive and go go go about the whole deal. But then of course they are, they are in it. The ones who have been in it and are out of it I seem to believe the most. Yes, maybe it works if you are one to put heart sole and absoulutely love to be on the phone constantly giving testimonies and always seeing everyone you meet as a prospect then guess you could make money. But the bottom line is I think alot of these people are recruiting and are not really saving with their own package and really are some well meaning folks who are going to lose in the end. Anyone else who has had the experience with team national?
    I think it is important for you to be skeptical. Please research the company and benefit package yourself. Be very careful about anything you read on these sites---there are some people who are almost always PRO-Network Marketing (no matter what the business is) and there are some people who are almost always ANTI-Network Marketing without knowing anything about the business(see my comment to worn t-shirt above). If you are just trying to find a reason to not get involved- don't get involved. If, on the other hand, you are honestly trying to get information on Team National - I think you will have a hard time getting any real information from people on this site who have never been involved with Team National.

Iaminsman is right. You need to read the threads with an open mind. These opinions here are very polar (for/against) with little objectivity. Sift through it all and I think you can come up with the right answer for YOU and your daughter. Are you sure it wasn't maybe your server that made it difficult to get to the pages you were looking for? Hope it helps. Some people really enjoy the friendship and belonging to what they believe is a worthy cause. That's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it's a good thing. Like an old song says, you got to stand for something or your fall for anything. Objectivity is the key and focus on specific issues you have in mind. HAPPY EASTER!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogsrus
    Iaminsman is right. You need to read the threads with an open mind. These opinions here are very polar (for/against) with little objectivity. Sift through it all and I think you can come up with the right answer for YOU and your daughter. Are you sure it wasn't maybe your server that made it difficult to get to the pages you were looking for? Hope it helps. Some people really enjoy the friendship and belonging to what they believe is a worthy cause. That's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it's a good thing. Like an old song says, you got to stand for something or your fall for anything. Objectivity is the key and focus on specific issues you have in mind. HAPPY EASTER!!
    Thanks for the input. We do have high speed broadband internet, so that was not the problem. Yes, I do know they are making alot of friends too. All we can do is hope and pray it all goes well and her dreams really do come true with this. But still very confusing, cause I have read all through all the posts on this board about TN and am still very undecided on what to believe. Will wait and see. Thanks for everyones thoughts and if anymore please don't hesitate. Would like to actually hear from more who have been involved and have gotten out and reasons why. Hope your Easter was a good one and the week ahead also! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaminsman
    The company is over 10 years old already. I would encourage you to do a little research before you start bad mouthing a company.
    Don't care about the company or how long they have been around it's the business model (if you can call it that) that I have problems with.

Quote Originally Posted by worn T-Shirt
    Don't care about the company or how long they have been around it's the business model (if you can call it that) that I have problems with.

Please explain.

I just want to reassure you that your daughter is not at all involved in a scam. Team National has changed our lives incredibly. We have been with them for 3 1/2 years and there is a great savings opportunity with our benefits package... We have saved over $12,000 !! A very honest and ethical company that is all about helping anyone who wants to save money on things they are already spending their money on. You can make extra income on a part-time basis to help yourself out as well. I suggest you ask your daughter to put you on a call with one of her upline leaders so they can help you to better understand our company and what we're trying to accomplish as individuals who belong to them. You can also contact our company direct and visit with corporate themselves, you'll see just how honest they truly are when you talk to them yourself. I'd be interested in knowing which benefits you tried to use that you saw no savings in? Because our bign marketplace does not guarantee a savings-- it is an income promised benefit in which you receive commissions for shopping on your own website such as Walmart/Old Navy etc... Every benefit works differently for each individual, but the savings do work!! Feel happy for your daughter, its a great company that has terrific leaders that really do care about you.

I can't believe this whole post. A friend of mine sent me a link to this. It took me a very long time to read it all. It really amazes me how some people will go to a lot of time and effort to put something down, because they don't like it. Let me tell you all something, my "story" with Team National.

It all started about a year ago, I was having dinner with some friends, and someone "overheard" our conversation about buying a new car. He gave me a TN business card when we left and told me to call him before I buy a car, he could "save" me some serious money. I took his card, said thanks and wondered how rude of him to eaves drop on us.

Any way, I put his "card" on my dresser and there it sat for two weeks. I was out "car" shopping and thought maybe I should at least check with him first.

Well, I called him, he put me on a recording and a three way with someone else, neither one told me anything I didn't know yet. I told him I was interested in saving money on a car, not on selling anything. He assured me that I could save and didn't have to sell anything. I went to a restaurant and saw a video with a whole bunch of other folks. They did a lot of testimonials, just like on TV when there trying to sell something. Well, I bought in, plunked a whopping $95 down and $40 a month for 20 months, on the spot, without even telling my husband. I told my "host" i will not sell, share, show - whatever they wanted to call it to anyone. I only wanted the savings.

Two weeks later after shopping around town for a Ford Expedition with my husband, having an idea of the price we were going to pay, i checked with Team National, and their price was $4200 less than what we were going to pay. So I had to then tell my husband what I did, he was furious that I would fall for some scheme and not even tell him about it. After I told him about the savings we were going to get, he was still mad at me, but were definately going to use TN and get our money's worth. (That was his way of getting back at me) I let him enjoy "being a man" and laughed at him later. (Gosh I hope he doesn't see this)

Like I told everyone before I was not going to tell anyone about this, didn't have to, my husband told everyone for me. (laughing)

Even without showing, telling, selling - whatever you want to call it, we've got our monies worth.

Now to sweeten the whole thing, we have made 12 checks of $1500 in the last year - (far cry from the $3500 a week, but then again, they never did promise we would make anything), without ever losing a friend, family member, or pushing anyone into something they don't want to do. My husband want's to upgrade to the big package, (no coment there, ladies.) I say ok too, afterall, even if we never made any money the savings are what your paying for when you purchase the package, not the ability to make money, that is free.

Long story, yes, but big benefits. Kinda like a SAM's club membership, by the way, how many people utilize the SAM's club membership, recruiting deal? Most people don't even know if you recruit someone into SAM's club they credit you with $25 to your account, not bad, but nothing compared to Team National's compensation plan. But it is the same, a membership that lets you buy at discount, and a payment plan for recruiting new members. Now how many people will discredit SAM's club for running a "parymid scheme"? I didn't think so......

Anyway, we have saved a LOT of money period, end of story..

A very happy Team National Member.

Quote Originally Posted by tncsraoregon
    I can't believe this whole post. A friend of mine sent me a link to this. It took me a very long time to read it all. It really amazes me how some people will go to a lot of time and effort to put something down, because they don't like it. Let me tell you all something, my "story" with Team National.
    So let me get this straight: YOU are allowed to post your positive story about Team National, but the folks who have NEGATIVE stories are NOT allowed to post theirs. If you won't listen to theirs, why should anyone listen to yours, pray tell?

To the individual who doesn’t know how we save so much on auto buying, please let me explain.

An auto dealership has many expenses, advertising, radio, the LOUD TV commercials, and the full color full page adds in the newspaper, they also have a building and land, IF they don’t own it all outright, they have either rent or a mortgage payment, they have utilities, mainly electricity, ever see a dark dealership, of course not, the insurance, which they must have on each and every car on their lot, specifically states “all vehicles must be parked in well lit areas” if not inside. The cars are not all paid for, they are financed, WITH interest. They must pay their employees, either hourly, salary or, in your case commissions, all the “expenses” must be paid before the “owners” ever see 1 cent profit, and if their NOT making a profit, their’s NO SENSE in being in business.

All Team Nation does, (for this ONE benefit alone, out of many) is take the dealership out of the equation, by going directly to the auto manufacturer.

As far as the BIGN Marketplace, well, IT IS NOT A benefit, it is an additional way of earning money, you can purchase a BIGN Marketplace WITHOUT buying a benefits package. Now “linkshare” well, yes, some of the stores actually use linkshare for our commission checks, and SOME ARE NOT affiliated with anyone other than TN. Now you can go to linkshare and sign up FREE, now how much do you have to pay for someone to set up and host your sit, probably a lot more than $7 a month.

If you have looked at Team National, with an open mind, and can’t see how you can save money on your everyday purchases, then please DO NOT BUY a benefits package, cause you will NEVER get your monies worth, and you can’t share/sell whatever you want to call it, if you don’t use it and save money yourself.

Personally, we have saved many times our cost of the package, saved on insurance, gas for our cars, lenscrafters eyeware, long distance phone service, cell phones – actually made money on them, instead of getting 2 free phones, we got back $200 in Team National customer loyalty rebates and didn’t pay a cent for the phones to begin with, Alltel, Cingular, Verizon, and a bunch more have partnered with us.

This may seem like a sales pitch for TN, but I have nothing to gain, you don’t know who I am, so I can NEVER “profit” off of you, I just don’t like people “bashing” something when they don’t know anything about it. If you have ever been approached by someone, and want to take a “second” look, please go back to the 1st person who asked you, and NOT anyone on this wesite.

Thanks…