+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HIV-AIDS Rate in D.C. 'Higher Than West Africa

I think education is the answer. We need to make sure that we are spending more per pupil in D.C.'s schools than anywhere else in the country. People have got to know...What? We are? Already? By far?

Never mind.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

HIV-AIDS Rate in D.C. 'Higher Than West Africa'

Monday, March 16, 2009

WASHINGTON — At least 3 percent of residents in the nation's capital are living with HIV or AIDS and every mode of transmission is on the rise, according to a report to be released Monday by D.C. health officials.

The findings in the 2008 epidemiology report by the D.C. HIV/AIDS Administration point to a severe epidemic that's impacting every race and sex across the population and neighborhoods.

"Our rates are higher than West Africa," said Shannon Hader, the administration's director, who used to spearhead the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's work in Zimbabwe. "They're on par with Uganda and some parts of Kenya."

The report, obtained by The Washington Post, updates a landmark 2007 study that discovered the epidemic had moved from affecting a mostly gay population to a general one, and that it disproportionately affected blacks.

The study found that the number of HIV and AIDS cases jumped 22 percent from the 12,428 reported in 2006. Almost 1 in 10 residents between 40 and 49 are living with the virus, and black men had the highest infection rate at almost 7 percent, the report said. It added that 3 percent of black women in D.C. have HIV.

The virus was most often transmitted by men having sex with men, followed by heterosexual transmission and injection drug use, the report said.

"This is very, very depressing news, especially considering HIV's profound impact on minority communities," said Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institutes of Health's program on infectious diseases. "And remember: The city's numbers are just based on people who've gotten tested."

The epidemiology report warns that the true number of D.C. residents infected with HIV "is certainly higher."

Meanwhile, another study scheduled to be released Monday by city health officials looks at heterosexual sexual behavior, and attempts to dissect people's choices before they are tested for or become infected with HIV. It was conducted by the George Washington University School of Health and Health Services with funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The study found that three in five D.C. residents who had connections in neighborhoods with high poverty and AIDS rates were aware of their HIV status and that three in 10 had used a condom the last time they had sex, among other findings.

There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Re: HIV-AIDS Rate in D.C. 'Higher Than West Africa

Here is a site where one can get more educated on what is really going on with this

http://www.positivelyfalse.com

watch and read all the information.
    Last edited by myglobalresults; 04-04-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post

HIV-AIDS Rate in D.C. 'Higher Than West Africa'

Monday, March 16, 2009
    From The Washington Post, available on line Here

Quote Originally Posted by myglobalresults View Post
    Here is a site where one can get more educated on what is really going on with this

And then read this pre-buttal from Skeptical Inquirer
    AIDS Denialism vs. Science

This is probably from the same people who believe that evolution does not exist and Universe is only 6 thousand years old. They are ultimate paranoid conspiracy theorists.

While in DC over the Christmas holidays I talked with the head of the fight against aids here in the U.S. She told me that 80% of 14 year old Asian girls in the DC area that have sex carry the HIV virus.

She told me that Asian girls have been brought up to find anal and oral sex acceptable because of its use as birth control in Asia where over population has been a concern for a very long time. She said anal and oral sex make it much easier to contract aids due to the thin wall of the colon as well as parts of the mouth and throat. Their partners then spread the virus.

She said if the truth were told, we would never believe how wide spread Aids really is in the U.S. She said it is at epidemic levels but Washington refuses to label it as such.

If you watched the information on
    http://www.positvelyfalse.com

Then you would not reply with such foolish statments.

It is a medical racket and millions have died over it.

What evolution and how old the world is beyond me?

A site that challenges the concept that "a virus which attacks white blood cells causes immune system disorders" is not worth looking into.

Hmmm lets see .

I see well respected scientist who are coming out and speaking out about this are just fools and a poster on scam org is much more knowledgeable about this then these experts on shedding light on the main reason behind this industry.

Sorry folks you have been duped and many people are being murdered because of it.

The drugs kill the people.

Hmmm lets see .

I see well respected scientist who are coming out and speaking out about this are just fools and a poster on scam org is much more knowledgeable about this then these experts on shedding light on the main reason behind this industry.

Sorry folks you have been duped and many people are being murdered because of it.

The drugs kill the people.
    Which scientist is running that site?

I looked, but couldn't find any names. That's always a bad sign.

I don't think a scientist is running that site but someone who cares enough his fellow human.

The documentation and the videos are from well respected people in the fields of study.

I don't think a scientist is running that site but someone who cares enough his fellow human.

The documentation and the videos are from well respected people in the fields of study.
    As are all the signatories of the Durban Declaration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durban_declaration

Of course they are getting funded and there pay checks depend on continuing the lies.
    Just because a lie is repeated many times doesn't make it right or true.

All scientists with any ties to the pharmaceutical industry were exluded from that list to prevent the possibility of a conflict of interest.

Has the same level of rigour been applied to those that deny HIV? How do you know the people that run that site aren't also selling "natural" cures somewhere else?

Good point. If you take the time to actually go through the site

I don't see any natural cures nor have I noticed any to do so.

One way big money the other way very little but peace of mind.

The body cures and heals itself it is our lifestyles and bad choices that keeps interfering with the bodies own intelligence.

Good point. If you take the time to actually go through the site

I don't see any natural cures nor have I noticed any to do so.

One way big money the other way very little but peace of mind.

The body cures and heals itself it is our lifestyles and bad choices that keeps interfering with the bodies own intelligence.
    That's a nice theory, but is there any evidence to back it up?

Would you use this same logic if you had an infected wound? or appendicitis? or cancer? If modern medicine is getting in the way of the body's own intelligence, then why are we living lives that are twice as long as people used to?

Modern Medicine is beneficial in severe accidents, gun shot wounds, etc.
    For the emergency but in the end it is the body that is doing the healing.
    Cancer is caused by living a poor lifestyle.
    Our bodies always do the right thing.
    Just as you read this post your body is doing what it needs to do.
    Putting toxic drugs in a person who is not healthy is not going to help that person.