+ Reply to Thread

J C Whitney / Complete Savings

J C Whitney / Complete Savings
    When you are in a secure check out window at JC Whitney.com
    a $20 rebate offer pops up. It asks for you email address, then it enrolls you in the complete savings program

Turns out that, Complete Savings is a third party company that for a fee of $12 a month to gives you the rebate.

Please shop at JC Whitney with extreme caution,

JC Whitney is getting paid by these scammers to let them into the secure area of checkout.
    JC Whitney is selling your complete visa information to 3rd party’s in a misleading pop up add.

If you feel that is underhanded business and want to let them know call JC Whitney’s Customer Support 1-800-603-4383.

Being in the secure checkout I was not expecting a third party fake rebate that had nothing but JC Whitney company logo all over it.
    I was my fault for not reading every word on the page, but no matter how you look at it is shady.

Re: J C Whitney / Complete Savings

It isn't just J C Whitney that does this, a lot of sites have it. Annoying? Yup. Worth it? Highly doubtful.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

Hello Forum Members:

We want you to know that we’re here to help you. However, it’s difficult to do that in a public forum when we don’t know who each person is or the details of their membership. We can help you better and resolve your specific queries or concerns if you contact us directly. You can do so by calling our customer service team at 1-800-826-1885 or you can contact me directly at consumeraffairs@completesavings.com. If you contact me, please reference this forum.

Thanks,
    Mary
    Consumer Affairs

Per the WhoIs info,
    WebLoyalty.com
    101 Merrit 7 - 4th Floor
    Norwalk, CT 06851
    US
    203-846-3300 fax: 203-846-4100
    Domain Name: COMPLETESAVINGS.COM
    BBB report gives a C rating.
    Business Contact and Profile
    Name: Webloyalty.com, Inc.
    Phone: (203) 846-3300
    Fax: (203) 846-4100
    Address: 101 Merritt Seven, 7th Floor
    (Corporate Offices)
    Norwalk, CT 06851
    http://home.reservationrewards.com/
    Original Business Start Date: January 1999
    Principal: Mr. Vincent D'Agostino, President
    Customer Contact: Ms. Aida Butler, cs supervisor
    Incorporated: January 1999
    TOB Classification: Buying Clubs & Group Purchasing Service
    BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names:
    Shopper Discounts and Rewards
    Reservations Rewards
    travelvaluesplus.com
    reservationrewards.com
    buyerassurance.com
    walletshield.com
    memberspecials.com
    shopperdiscountsandrewards.com
    official nascar members club, onmc
    Buyer Assurance
    Distinctive Privileges

Additional Addresses
    6 Corporate Drive
    (Customer Service Offices)
    Shelton, 06848
    Fax: (203) 926-8520

PO Box 855
    Shelton, CT 06484-0907

Additional Phone Numbers
    Tel: (800) 732-7031
    Tel: (800) 889-8776
    Tel: (203) 538-7039
    Tel: (203) 295-2706

Additional Fax Numbers
    Fax: (203) 926-8538

Products and Services
    This company markets its services to the public at the point of purchase or registration on other companies' Web sites. The firm offers its services on a free trial basis for a specified period of time. Consumers who accept free trial memberships, by providing their electronic signature and clicking a "yes" button to accept the offer terms and conditions, must also agree to have their memberships continue on an ongoing basis until such time that the consumers choose to notify the company to cancel their memberships.

The company has informed the BBB that it sends at least three email notices to each consumer during the free trial period, including a billing reminder message before it bills the first service fee. If the consumer does not cancel his/her membership by the end of the free trial period, the company automatically renews the membership and charges a monthly or an annual fee to the consumer's credit card. The company continues to renew the consumer's membership unless canceled by the consumer.

BBB Rating
    Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of C.
    Reasons for this rating include:

* Number of complaints filed against business.
    In the last 3 years this company has had 1595 complaints, 684 of which were closed in the last year. All complaints have been 'Resolved' or 'Administratively Closed'. Just over 900 of the complaints were for 'Billing or Collection Issues'.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Maybe your company could actually specify that the enrollment is charged $12 (or whatever) per month prior to issuing a $20 rebate to the customer's order.

Just a suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by Complete Savings View Post
    Hello Forum Members:

We want you to know that we’re here to help you. However, it’s difficult to do that in a public forum when we don’t know who each person is or the details of their membership. We can help you better and resolve your specific queries or concerns if you contact us directly. You can do so by calling our customer service team at 1-800-826-1885 or you can contact me directly at consumeraffairs@completesavings.com. If you contact me, please reference this forum.

Thanks,
    Mary
    Consumer Affairs
    econobiker
    "The debt collection industry and the alternative legal system that has been created around it can no longer be ignored by the federal government," US Representative Dennis Kucinich said July 22, 2009

Update!Consumers gaining ground against mandatory binding arbitration- see:

http://www.cutimes.com/Issues/2009/A...bitration.aspx

The Better Business Bureau of Chicago has had no response to my complaint from JC Whitney Co. Seems like selling Visa numbers is all in a days work over there. Complete Savings Company must pay big bucks to be let in a secure check out area.

Quote Originally Posted by Complete Savings View Post
    Hello Forum Members:

Thanks,
    Mary
    Consumer Affairs
    Did she read what I said, did this Mary even read what I complained about? It is obviously she does not want to comment on the policy of tricking people out of their Visa numbers.

I called the #, there is no Mary at the #. The person that answered the phone said there is no consumer affairs department.

Please protect yourself and don’t use the JC Whitney’s online system. My policy is not to do business with a shady underhanded company that would sell my visa # to a third party. It is the principle of how a company does business and both of these companies should be ashamed of this practice. Preying on customers is not my idea of fair business.

In the last 3 years this company has had 1595 complaints, 684 of which were closed in the last year. All complaints have been 'Resolved' or 'Administratively Closed'. Just over 900 of the complaints were for 'Billing or Collection Issues'.”

This says it well. 1.5 people a day for the last three years have taken the time to complain about these swindlers, that means ten people a day are un happy and don’t complain.

This is a huge and ongoing scam with well over a thousand complaints to one branch of the BBB alone. Contact the company to get your money back. Contact your bank and ask to speak to the 'claims' department. Also file a complaint with the BBB. The company will say a lot about fine print, email confirmations, etc, but in the end it comes down to the fact that you never gave this company your credit card info. Did you give permission to JC Whitney to take the info from your order with them, then just hand it out to anyone else they felt like to be used any way they wanted? No, you did not. There are A LOT of complaints about this company.:zx11pissed:

We need to identify the root cause of all of this

That is VISA.

VISA will sell point of sale OK to anybody even thieves already in jail.
    This gives them access to the money transfers.

I guess VISA security (LOL) considers it job security.

Folks its actually VISA aiding and abetting the theft of your money.