+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Doing the 1000 GC from EFG. Would like wisdom..

I would like some advice on what offers I should pick for a 1000 gift card on everyfreegift.com The offers
    I have listed are the offers I could do, and that I havnt already done on other sites. I am in need
    for advice because im not sure the cheapest way to do this, since I cant cancle with YF direct...Thanks foreveryones help on the site,
    I have just applied for my 1200 gift from ORC. This is next. Here are my options.

Need 2 from page 1:

Passport to Fun
    BLOCKBUSTER Online
    Columbia House DVD Club
    BMG Music Service
    eBay
    At Home Rewards
    Disney Princess book club
    Privacy Matters (online credit report)
    Nick Jr. Book Club
    ExciteMaxx™ Sexual Enhancement
    Entertainment Book
    YourMusic.com
    Simply You - $25 Linens 'n Things gift card

Need 3 Page 2:

Passport to Fun
    BLOCKBUSTER Online
    BMG Music Service
    eBay
    Disney Princess
    Entertainment Book
    InkBlvd (min 35 dollar purchase)
    CompleteHome®
    Shopper Discounts and Reward
    Netmarket®
    DR.SEUSS & HIS FRIENDS BOOK CLUB
    YourMusic.com
    Columbia House DVD Club

Need 4 on page 3:

Will do 4 credit cards....

Thanks again, and please just give me your input on things.

Re: Doing the 1000 GC from EFG. Would like wisdom..

4 credit cards? good luck

Com'on, at least you should tell me the reason for your post? Little remarks such as those don't do anything for anybody. Please elaborate. I signed up for 5 credit cards to get my 1200 gift from ORC.

You have plenty to chose from, I've done all those offers and is up to how much you want to spend and things you will like to have.

All offers will credit automatically or by requesting manual credit.

oh, stay away from netmarket.

Thanks IwantMTV for the heads up on netmarket. Any reason why the person aboved metioned that the credit cards were a mistake? Just wondering if im totally screwing up here.

Nothing wrong with the credit cards....just most of us dont have the credit to open 5 new accounts :)

If you have the credit go ahead, it will pull your score down for a month or two but after that (unless you load up and start using them) it'll go back up.

I just WISH I could do CC offers :(

I just did 6 credit card offers and my fico went down 10 points :rolleyes: the credit cards haven't started to report yet so i don't know if my fico will plummet or increase :rolleyes:

But if you're going to do credit cards, I suggest you add a $100 or $200+ and go with a different site, like metarewards or nuitech, not only will it be faster but you can get double the $$$$... yfd is dead, but if you really want to do it i'd pick most of the $1 trials like simply you,netmarket,complete home etc..and if after a week none have completed they won't so i'd do

page 1
    exxicitemax
    ebay(if it doesnt credit ina week it most likely won't)

boy these are some slim pickings, i'd try :confused:

page 2
    blockbuster
    inkblvd
    yourmusic

Goodluck :cool:

[QUOTE=mamerocks87]I would like some advice on what offers I should pick for a 1000 gift card on everyfreegift.com [quote]

I'd do:

Page 1:
    Passport to Fun
    eBay

Page 2:
    YourMusic.com

Not the dead cheapest way to roll, but I've never had problems with the above offers crediting. Some argue that eBay can be done twice IF it's on two different pages with different information for each (keep track of account info and the auction numbers you bought in case you need to call Manuel). I've never had first-time success doing twin eBays. YMMV.

P2F is easy to cancel, as is Simply You. YourMusic is worth the $6 for a CD you like.

The credit points go back up after you cancel the cards?

No one really knows for sure what happens as the credit people wont explain how they work their numbers.

But if you have good enough credit to get 5-6 cards approved it wont take long at all for your score to return to where it was before you signed up.

Plus potentially if you keep them in good standing and don't max them out(Use it then pay it off) then your score should actually go up.

Hey guys thanks for the good info. I JUST RECIEVED MY 1300 dollar gift from ORC yesterday! Anyways Im getting these credit cards out of the way as of now. One credit card I can sign up for on YFD is the Orchard Bank Gold MasterCard. Never heard of this and was wondering if it is a scam...give me some responses. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by mamerocks87
    Hey guys thanks for the good info. I JUST RECIEVED MY 1300 dollar gift from ORC yesterday! Anyways Im getting these credit cards out of the way as of now. One credit card I can sign up for on YFD is the Orchard Bank Gold MasterCard. Never heard of this and was wondering if it is a scam...give me some responses. Thanks again.
    Most of these "Credit Cards" and I do use that term loosley are scams. They are actually not credit cards, just something you can use at their online store with marked up prices while paying $150 per year just to buy their stuff.

Now the orchard bank CC i think is actually legit, but be warned that it's basically a Secured card as you have to pay $150 and you get like a $150 credit limit at first(Then you can load it up and as you use it they will increase your credit limit)

So if you don't mind paying the charges orchard is alright, but stay away from the other weird sounding cards. Especially any that does not have a VISA, Mastercard, or American Express Logo on them.

150.00 bucks to get started with credit on a orchard card? doesnt sound right...can someone please give me a second oppionion.

As I mentioned(I think) Orchard Bank is a legit card, but it's still horrendous as you have to pay all of those stupid fees.

[QUOTE=eirek]Now the orchard bank CC i think is actually legit, but be warned that it's basically a Secured card as you have to pay $150 and you get like a $150 credit limit at first(Then you can load it up and as you use it they will increase your credit limit)[QUOTE]

There's 2 OBMC offers and you can tell the difference by reading the description. One is the secured card. You deposit $200 plus other fees charged to the card immediately.

The second is the standard "second chance at credit" card with a $40 annual fee (charged up front) and an appropriately high APR. I did this second card as I am rolling on a BW offer and the cost/payoff ratio was still acceptable to me after factoring the annual fee.

YMMV.

16. 04-24-2006, 03:05 AM

OK. Orchard Bank: has anyone done it on a YFD site and gotten credit (automatic, not manual)?. I did it a little over a month ago, made a purchase with it, first statement has come and gone, but no "In Progress."
    Just wondering if I'm going to have to get manual credit.