Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 75

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    I see the rules have changed slightly.

    http://www.scam.com/announcement.php?f=20

    I suppose that was to be expected seeing as the original rules stated...
    "The moderators of this forum do not override each other's decisions. So complaining to one moderator about another's actions isn't going to accomplish anything except getting yourself banned."
    This, of course has been altered to read...

    "The moderators of this forum work together."
    I wonder though, why the part ".....unless the members take a disliking to any of the Mods, in which case the other Mods will turn a blind eye to those members who break any of the other rules." Or ".....to have unpopular Mods removed to placate the 'REGULAR' members who taunt and harrass a Mod because they don't like them"... was left out?

    I guess you forgot to alter these rules, below? They don't seem to carry much weight, do they?

    "2. If you get out of control with your insults and flaming, you are going to get banned. So heed any warnings you are given.

    4. The moderators do post as members, we are not brain dead and this is a voluntary position, we do not get paid. So no more whining or complaining that we aren't being nuetral, or that we are taking sides."
    and...

    "hate posts,
    harrassing the mods"
    And let's not forget...

    "trying to steal our traffic to promote your own site."
    btw. If you're going to change the rules, it would be a good idea to remove the old rules first, no?

    :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
    Last edited by catch-22; 03-03-2009 at 01:44 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,449

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22 View Post
    I see the rules have changed slightly.

    http://www.scam.com/announcement.php?f=20

    I suppose that was to be expected seeing as the original rules stated...
    This, of course has been altered to read...



    I wonder though, why the part ".....unless the members take a disliking to any of the Mods, in which case the other Mods will turn a blind eye to those members who break any of the other rules." Or ".....to have unpopular Mods removed to placate the 'REGULAR' members who taunt and harrass a Mod because they don't like them"... was left out?

    I guess you forgot to alter these rules, below? They don't seem to carry much weight, do they?



    and...



    And let's not forget...



    btw. If you're going to change the rules, it would be a good idea to remove the old rules first, no?

    :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
    When a site has one mod that goes against all of the principals of the owner, has been warned, has received numerous PMs because of his renegade bannings, edits, thread removals, etc., most of the mods united in the effort to remove the mod in question. It worked.

    Do you disagee or are you attempting to be a rebel?

    Mods - 1, Rebels - 0
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    I can't speak for others involved, so I will just say how I feel about it. And I apologize to the other mods if my actions offended you. You work hard to keep things civil and free of spam. Your job is a hard and thankless one, and I appreciate what you do.

    I have no problem following the rules. Don't think the mods can say they've heard much out of accordance with the rules coming from me. The spam was out of hand and the owner put new mods in place, then seemed to disappear, once again. And the mods have done a fine job of cleaning the place up. However, one mod was way out of line. People tried reasoning with that mod and that mod seemed to just get worse.

    The owner seemed either unaware, or uncaring about what was happening. With no other avenue available, I protested. That I do not apologize for doing. I'm no protester, and certainly not into the viva la revolution ideal. But sometimes wrong is just wrong and must be spoken out against. And that mod was wrong.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by No_Moron_Here View Post
    When a site has one mod that goes against all of the principals of the owner, has been warned, has received numerous PMs because of his renegade bannings, edits, thread removals, etc., most of the mods united in the effort to remove the mod in question. It worked.

    Do you disagee or are you attempting to be a rebel?

    Mods - 1, Rebels - 0
    Of course I disagree!

    Your 'renegade' was banning members and deleting posts because they were breaking the rules.

    They were breaking them deliberately, and they were breaking them with the full knowledge that they would be banned for it.

    Not only that but they were bragging about it on another forum which was started to escape the lawless spam and porn links that you new Mods cleaned up.

    One or more of them disagreed with the owner's choice of Moderators and decided to 'raid' scam.com with taunts, deliberately flaunting the rules and seeing who could get banned for the longest.

    I was a member of that forum and left in disgust, requesting my account be closed.

    I want no part of such hypocrisy, and I don't want to see it here, either.

    .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    I can't speak for others involved, so I will just say how I feel about it. And I apologize to the other mods if my actions offended you. You work hard to keep things civil and free of spam. Your job is a hard and thankless one, and I appreciate what you do.

    I have no problem following the rules. Don't think the mods can say they've heard much out of accordance with the rules coming from me. The spam was out of hand and the owner put new mods in place, then seemed to disappear, once again. And the mods have done a fine job of cleaning the place up. However, one mod was way out of line. People tried reasoning with that mod and that mod seemed to just get worse.

    The owner seemed either unaware, or uncaring about what was happening. With no other avenue available, I protested. That I do not apologize for doing. I'm no protester, and certainly not into the viva la revolution ideal. But sometimes wrong is just wrong and must be spoken out against. And that mod was wrong.
    No one tried to reason with him, CH. They deliberately goaded him into doing what he did and you know it!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    The owner seemed either unaware, or uncaring about what was happening. With no other avenue available, I protested. That I do not apologize for doing. I'm no protester, and certainly not into the viva la revolution ideal. But sometimes wrong is just wrong and must be spoken out against. And that mod was wrong.
    What made you decide to protest against a Moderator in the public forum and how many PM's did you send to Mumbles or any of the other Mods, to voice your concerns, and what were the reactions/replies?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22 View Post
    What made you decide to protest against a Moderator in the public forum and how many PM's did you send to Mumbles or any of the other Mods, to voice your concerns, and what were the reactions/replies?
    Personally, I sent no pm to mumbles. But others have and got no where. What pushed me? Seeing threads deleted, and seeing some members banned for no reason other than they called him out on what he was doing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    Personally, I sent no pm to mumbles. But others have and got no where. What pushed me? Seeing threads deleted, and seeing some members banned for no reason other than they called him out on what he was doing.
    My question was, what made you decide to protest against a moderator in public? You were banned by a moderator. Do you know why and by whom? Did you protest by PM to ANY of the Mods? Did any of them refuse to reply to your private messages?

    For the record, calling out a Moderator for any reason is aginst the rules and the penalty is a ban.

    You protested publically against a Moderator. You joined in the lynching party even though you, yourself had not been personally involved in any so called injustices until that time!

    Mob mentality rules, man and you were suckered into it, big time!

    Like I said.."Congratulations to you stalwarts of forum etiquette and fairplay."

    Every time I think about what you people did it makes me more and more disgusted.
    Last edited by catch-22; 03-03-2009 at 04:53 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22 View Post
    My question was, what made you decide to protest against a moderator in public? You were banned by a moderator. Do you know why and by whom? Did you protest by PM to ANY of the Mods? Did any of them refuse to reply to your private messages?

    For the record, calling out a Moderator for any reason is aginst the rules and the penalty is a ban.

    You protested publically against a Moderator. You joined in the lynching party even though you, yourself had not been personally involved in any so called injustices until that time!

    Mob mentality rules, man and you were suckered into it, big time!

    Like I said.."Congratulations to you stalwarts of forum etiquette and fairplay."

    Every time I think about what you people did it makes me more and more disgusted.
    I respect your opinion, and I'm sorry we disagree on this. But I still have no regrets.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    I respect your opinion, and I'm sorry we disagree on this. But I still have no regrets.
    I respect yours too, CH.

    As much as I think he is a conehead, I really do believe that Mumbles was railroaded.

    It's a sad day for Mods, here. I hope the others don't upset the members too much or we could see more of them stripped of their Modship!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    I'm going to chime in here. When I made my post "Shame On You" to the members on this site, it was directed to the members. Had I been an active member on this site I would not have made this bold post, but frankly, as a Moderator I felt it needed to be said.

    This was the only post I ever made regarding your problem here. To taunt the Mods was not my reason for posting this. It was to put responsibility where it belongs; on the members.

    The objectionable thread has been removed, so I am re-posting my post here:

    ****************************

    Shame On You


    This thread is terrible and as awful as the initial post is, it is nothing compared to the two mods who have responded to this thread.

    I will not even address them because they are of the lowest common denominator and they are not in any way capable of moderating. In fact, they are abusing their power.

    My post is to you, the members. Why would you post on a site that allows self-serving, racist moderators to rule the site? These moderators are not serving the members. They are, in fact, abusing you.

    The members of scam dot com have the power to take away the jobs of these just plain awful moderators by refusing to post on this forum for as long as it is being maintained by racist bigots.

    If you, the members, are truly disgusted and offended by the threads and posts that these moderators are allowing, then shame on you for giving them anything to moderate.

    HotParadox.

    ******************************

    Re-posting this was to bring you up to speed and to provide background for what I am about to say:

    My point was and remains, if you as a member do not like a site or the way it is moderated, leave. That's it.

    To make a Mod's life hell, to mock and to gang up on a Mod is awful.

    I'm a Moderator on the other site. It's not easy. I have to watch everything I say and it is because there is one member there who is hell-bent in bringing me down. He challenges every decision I make and rallies the other members to band with him. And then he PM's and wines to the other Mods and PM's the other members to join in on his mission. Of course, what he doesn't know is I have the full support of our Mods and our members.

    When this gets out of hand, Admin should just do away with Mods and let the rebels rule. Or Admin should publicly tell the troublemaker(s) to play by the rules or they will be banned. If the problem is that of an unfair Mod, Admin and other Mods should address this privately with the Mod.

    If the troublemaker calls out a Mod in public, he should be banned. Period.

    When I was posting here, I had the utmost respect for SJA and SubJunk and never did I challenge them. For me, what they said, went. Sadly, today it seems members don't respect the Mods, or even the position of Moderator, and the hard, thankless job we do for FREE.

    While I understand where carolinahound is coming from, I give kudos to Catch-22 for recognizing and following rules and for defending the position of Moderator.

    I do not believe that mubles was a capable Moderator, but members here provoking and trampling over him and members here being allowed to do that was as objectionable to me.

    Hot
    Last edited by HotParadox; 03-03-2009 at 07:14 AM.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox View Post
    I'm going to chime in here. When I made my post "Shame On You" to the members on this site, it was directed to the members. Had I been an active member on this site I would not have made this bold post, but frankly, as a Moderator I felt it needed to be said.

    This was the only post I ever made regarding your problem here. To taunt the Mods was not my reason for posting this. It was to put responsibility where it belongs; on the members.

    The objectionable thread has been removed, so I am re-posting my post here:

    ****************************

    Shame On You


    This thread is terrible and as awful as the initial post is, it is nothing compared to the two mods who have responded to this thread.

    I will not even address them because they are of the lowest common denominator and they are not in any way capable of moderating. In fact, they are abusing their power.

    My post is to you, the members. Why would you post on a site that allows self-serving, racist moderators to rule the site? These moderators are not serving the members. They are, in fact, abusing you.

    The members of scam dot com have the power to take away the jobs of these just plain awful moderators by refusing to post on this forum for as long as it is being maintained by racist bigots.

    If you, the members, are truly disgusted and offended by the threads and posts that these moderators are allowing, then shame on you for giving them anything to moderate.

    HotParadox.

    ******************************

    Re-posting this was to bring you up to speed and to provide background for what I am about to say:

    My point was and remains, if you as a member do not like a site or the way it is moderated, leave. That's it.

    To make a Mod's life hell, to mock and to gang up on a Mod is awful.

    I'm a Moderator on the other site. It's not easy. I have to watch everything I say and it is because there is one member there who is hell-bent in bringing me down. He challenges every decision I make and rallies the other members to band with him. And then he PM's and wines to the other Mods and PM's the other members to join in on his mission. Of course, what he doesn't know is I have the full support of our Mods and our members.

    When this gets out of hand, Admin should just do away with Mods and let the rebels rule. Or Admin should publicly tell the troublemaker(s) to play by the rules or they will be banned. If the problem is that of an unfair Mod, Admin and other Mods should address this privately with the Mod.

    If the troublemaker calls out a Mod in public, he should be banned. Period.

    When I was posting here, I had the utmost respect for SJA and SubJunk and never did I challenge them. For me, what they said, went. Sadly, today it seems members don't respect the Mods, or even the position of Moderator, and the hard, thankless job we do for FREE.

    While I understand where carolinahound is coming from, I give kudos to Catch-22 for recognizing and following rules and for defending the position of Moderator.

    I do not believe that mubles was a capable Moderator, but members here provoking and trampling over him and members here being allowed to do that was as objectionable to me.

    Hot
    Mumbles has his talents to moderate in a technical sense, but the point you made about the doing it for free part is the single biggest reason for not starting a war of attrition against a Moderator. It is grossly unfair and totally uncalled for. No matter who they are.

    Thanks HP! :spin2:

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,788

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22 View Post
    What made you decide to protest against a Moderator in the public forum and how many PM's did you send to Mumbles or any of the other Mods, to voice your concerns, and what were the reactions/replies?
    many, many pms to him as well as multiple moderators....other mods even pm'd him many times ( which were ignored )

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22 View Post
    As much as I think he is a conehead, I really do believe that Mumbles was railroaded.
    you can certainly believe that but when a mod creates a thread in chat area to discuss issues, and another mod deletes that thread....the issues are between two mods not between members and mods

    later when a mod creates a thread called 'I am tired of my threads being deleted' and it gets deleted by another mod....again the issue is between two mods, not between members and mods
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    What am I hiding? My true identity and I've been quite successful at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I'm not hiding my identity.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    3,278

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22 View Post
    What made you decide to protest against a Moderator in the public forum and how many PM's did you send to Mumbles or any of the other Mods, to voice your concerns, and what were the reactions/replies?
    I sent a total of 5 pm's to him..1 to Zachary..I'm sorry thats the way you see it...I can't speak for others, but he was
    censoring threads and posts according to his personal beliefs and he was not following the rules.
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,193

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Whether you believe it or not, Mumbles brought his demise upon himself. You do not know, nor seem to understand what went on behind the scenes at all and you are making many incorrect assumptions. If you do not think that dozens and dozens of members did not send pms to him and the other mods and to Zach, then you are wrong. If you do not think that his actions were out of control and contrary to what Zach wants, you are wrong. If you do not think that several Mods tried to reason with Mumbles for weeks on here in private and he ignored them, again you are wrong. Don't make assumptions, when you do not have all the facts.
    It's time to build a bridge and walk over it and hope that this forum can recuperate from all the damage that was inflicted needlessly on it by one very misguided person.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,193

    Re: Rebels -1 Moderators -0

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22 View Post
    I respect yours too, CH.

    As much as I think he is a conehead, I really do believe that Mumbles was railroaded.

    It's a sad day for Mods, here. I hope the others don't upset the members too much or we could see more of them stripped of their Modship!
    Funny, that no one has seen or had any or many serious issues with the other Mods isn't it?

Similar Threads

  1. israel Covertly Helping Syrian Rebels?
    By rogerbovee in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 11:49 AM
  2. Li**an rebels round up black Africans
    By SnappyDan in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 03:50 PM
  3. The British Army Rebels Against Propaganda
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 07:55 PM
  4. Bush Says G.O.P. Rebels Are Putting Nation at Risk
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 11:43 PM
  5. Rebels 'control Half Of Afghanistan'
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 09:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •