+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone heard of Consumer Debt Advocate Law Center?

Anyone heard of them? They are out of Aliso Viejo, California and they claim to be able to help modify my home loan to 3.1% the first year, 4.1% the second year, and then fix the loan at 5.1% for the life of the loan. I can't find any news on them. Here is the link to their website http://www.cdalawcenter.com. Their main attorney is Robert G. Scurrah. I tried to find any info on this company on other "scam" websites and I found something that said CDA is associated with Derek Oberholtzer, from Apply 2 Save which definitely comes up as a "scam" company. Still, I haven't heard anything specific about CDA. Anyone know if they're scammers? Thanks!

Re: Anyone heard of Consumer Debt Advocate Law Cen

Attorney:

Robert G. Scurrah
    Firm: Scurrah Law Group
    Address: 210 West Main Street
    Suite 101
    Tustin, California 92780
    Phone: 714-669-8211
    Areas of Practice:
    Employment & Labor Law
    What are the chances that California will have two attorneys named Robert G. Scurrah? Call them and ask for their association with cdalawcenter.com.

And website cdalawcenter.com is just two weeks old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can not trust website that new with anything.

Thanks. I will do that! Anyone else have any info??

You can always look up an attorney through the state bar association

I have actually used them to modify my loan and have had the opportunity to speak withy Mr Scurrah. Apparently he has 3 offices, one in Tustin, one in Dana point, and his newest office in Aliso Viejo where I visited with him.

I have a 1.3 million dollar first mortgage that was at an interest only rate and payment of 6% with American Home Lending that was about to reset to 7% and increase my payment to almost $8,000 a month. They charged me $2595 for a loan modfication and was able to get my rate reduced to 3.25% for year one, 3.75% for year two, 4.24% for years 3-5, and then fixed at 4.75 for the balance of the loan. CDA saved me about $250,000 over the life of my loan I think. They were great to deal with, were in constant communication with me, and did what they promised to do.

I have a friend that was scammed by non law firm loan mod companies, it's why I went and actually visited the office and met with Mr. Scurrah before I retained him. Overall, I am very happy and have referred several friends to them whose cases are still ihn progress.

If you look up the info on the company and Mr. Scurrah, you will find a very clean (long) record of good business practice. This company helps many people stay in there homes. If your going to research, do it right. Then you will find the truth and not bring reproach on innocent business people. The website may be newer, but their business is not.

Quote Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
    What are the chances that California will have two attorneys named Robert G. Scurrah? Call them and ask for their association with cdalawcenter.com.

And website cdalawcenter.com is just two weeks old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can not trust website that new with anything.
    Last edited by Searcher007; 03-10-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher007 View Post
    If you look up the info on the company and Mr. Scurrah, you will find a very clean (long) record of good business practice. This company helps many people stay in there homes. If your going to research, do it right. Then you will find the truth and not bring reproach on innocent business people. The website may be newer, but their business is not.

I've known Bob Scurrah and his family for many years through our affiliation as boosters to San Diego St University Athletics.

He's a great guy.

It is my understanding that he recently purchased this company (hence the new website) to go along with his long-time law practice in Employee/Employer relations.

If you have any further questions, call him up and meet with him. I doubt you'll regret it. Best of luck with your mods.

Go AZTECS!
    Last edited by AztecBruce; 06-19-2009 at 04:16 PM.

agreed - Consumer Debt Advocate (CDA) law center is a legitimate and extremely useful service.

like AztecBruce above, i too have known Bob Scurrah for many years through business contacts in southern california, that guy is cooler than christ himself. my... err, *his* business is even cooler.

you are a fool to use any other service.

ps - i am not Bob Scurrah.

Every once in a while, a thread here on Scam.com is funny; this sure is one of them.

Out of nowhere, surferbill, searcher007, AztecBruce and Bob_Scurrah_217 just happen to find this site and this thread and stop by to make 1 post. Wow; talk about a coincidence!

You know, Bob's office at 120 Vantis, Suite 405, Aliso Viejo CA 92656, must be one heck of a busy place - it's a wonder he can get any work done at all. Not only is CDA in Suite 405, but also Negotiate Your Debt, as well as a company named Medsphere. Now, Medsphere has at least 22 employees, and according to their respective websites, both CDA and Negotiate Your Debt both have "experienced case managers, paralegals, analysts, former underwriters, and attorneys" and "debt counselors". That one suite must be a hell of a crowded place. Suite 405 doesn't occupy the entire 4th floor either - there are other businesses in various Suite numbers.

Since you folks know Bob and have obviously been to his "office", just how many businesses and people occupy this same Suite there? Just curious...

Jerry

The cdalawcenter.com 'Contact Us' page gives,
    CDA Law Center
    120 Vantis, Suite 405
    Aliso Viejo CA 92656

Call Us TollFree : 877 - 499 - 4435
    The phone number gets a hit with this BBB Report,
    Company Profile
    Consumer Debt Advocate
    Address:
    120 Vantis, Suite 405
    Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
    Tel: (877) 499-4435
    Fax: (949) 334-1800

Web Site: http://www.consumerdebtadvocate.net/index.htm
    Business Start Date: 7/21/2008
    Company ID: 100070733
    Nature of Business:

This company's business is providing foreclosure consulting services.
    Business is just under a year old, has no complaints on file and has a C+ rating at this time.

The State of California shows two business registrations,
    kepler.sos.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C3124052
    CONSUMER DEBT ADVOCATE
    Number: C3124052
    Date Filed: 7/1/2008
    Jurisdiction: California
    Address
    1905 AVENIDA SALVADOR
    SAN CLEMENTE, CA 92672
    Agent for Service of Process
    WILLIAM RANDALL BASKIN
    1905 AVENIDA SALVADOR
    SAN CLEMENTE, CA 92672
    And kepler.sos.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C3201623
    Corporation
    CONSUMER DEBT ADVOCATE LAW CENTER, INC., A PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION
    Number: C3201623
    Date Filed: 2/19/2009
    Jurisdiction: California
    Address
    120 VANTIS STE 405
    ALISO VIEJO, CA 92656
    Agent for Service of Process
    ROBERT G SCURRAH
    120 VANTIS STE 405
    ALISO VIEJO, CA 92656
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

I haven't been to this office as I live in San Diego and rarely get to the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvNLife View Post
    Every once in a while, a thread here on Scam.com is funny; this sure is one of them.

Out of nowhere, surferbill, searcher007, AztecBruce and Bob_Scurrah_217 just happen to find this site and this thread and stop by to make 1 post. Wow; talk about a coincidence!

You know, Bob's office at 120 Vantis, Suite 405, Aliso Viejo CA 92656, must be one heck of a busy place - it's a wonder he can get any work done at all. Not only is CDA in Suite 405, but also Negotiate Your Debt, as well as a company named Medsphere. Now, Medsphere has at least 22 employees, and according to their respective websites, both CDA and Negotiate Your Debt both have "experienced case managers, paralegals, analysts, former underwriters, and attorneys" and "debt counselors". That one suite must be a hell of a crowded place. Suite 405 doesn't occupy the entire 4th floor either - there are other businesses in various Suite numbers.

Since you folks know Bob and have obviously been to his "office", just how many businesses and people occupy this same Suite there? Just curious...

Jerry
    I've not been to this office as I live in San Diego and rarely venture up to the OC.

I too "happened" to find this site when I googled the name of his firm after he told me about it.
    Last edited by AztecBruce; 06-29-2009 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvNLife View Post
    as well as a company named Medsphere. Now, Medsphere has at least 22 employees, and
    Obviously Medsphere, a company that implements open source EMR software, has nothing to do with these law firms.

Medsphere used that address as the corporate office for 3 years before moving the entire company to a larger space in Carlsbad, Ca.

Consumer Debt Advocate is associated with Derek Oberholter (the whole Apply 2 Save/Federal Loan Modifcation Law Center scam). BEWARE!!!

I happened upon this site, and I do not know for sure if this is the same Consumer Debt Advocate company as the one you are referring to, but in any case here is some info you may be interested in: http://thecreditman.blogspot.com/200...-advocate.html

I happened upon this site, and I do not know for sure if this is the same Consumer Debt Advocate company as the one you are referring to, but in any case here is some info you may be interested in: consumer debt advocates they've done a great job for us.