+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Global warming-Guess the talking point!

http://theglobalwarmingscam.blogspot.com

Science, not politics and lies.

Al Gore not only flunked out of Vanderbilt divinity school, he didn't get higher than a D grade in his only two science courses.

So of course this makes him a liberal authority on the global warming scam.

Quit picking on Al Gore.
    I happen to really appreciate the Internet he created;
    hey, I'm using it now!

Quote Originally Posted by seo View Post
    Quit picking on Al Gore.
    I happen to really appreciate the Internet he created;
    hey, I'm using it now!
    Speaking of Al, Gore, my friend, have you read his book, Earth in the Balance?

Nonsense. Ignorance masquerading as science.

Here are but a few examples:

On page 110, Gore laments the Sacramento River delta “sinking about three inches each year, perhaps because it is getting less sediment.” So you see, erosion is bad in Memphis (page 3) and India (page 120) , but “getting less sediment” is bad in California.

I was standing in the sun on a hot steel deck… We were anchored…” - Page 19

The subject deck was that of a ship once floating in the Aral Sea, now long since having receded 30 or more miles away.
    Clue to Al Gore and sycophants: A ship on dry land is not "anchored."

“… with the addition of one China’s worth of people every ten years….” - Page 30

"One China's worth of people."

Aficionados of the symphony, for example, recognize a crescendo as the point of maximum instability in a piece of music…” - Page 47

I happen to be an aficionado of the symphony, and a crescendo is not a point of maximum instability. A crescendo is not even a point, but rather a gradual increase in volume. Ravel wrote an entire piece in crescendo, titled Bolero. Nothing unstable about it.

Relativity Theory can easily be explained with the help of a picture..” - Page 48

Physics made simple. Draw a picture.

Gore condemns “a blind devotion to laissez-faire economics,” anti-Irish racism, and anti-Catholic bigotry, this from a man who showed his own bigotry with such remarks as “the extra chromosome right wing”. - Page 75

“…correlation between CO2 levels and temperature levels over time is well established.” - Page 81

Indeed it is, with an 800 year lag time.
    Global climate drives carbon dioxide, not the reverse.

Each person in the U.S. produces an average of twenty tons of CO2 each year.” - Page 146

Al produces far more than this with his globetrotting to Russia, Antarctica, the Arctic Ocean, Amazon Rain Forest, Equatorial Africa, Caribbean, Kenya, Louisiana, Atlanta, and even Mount Rainier where he flew his son on Air Force 2 for his birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    http://theglobalwarmingscam.blogspot.com

Science, not politics and lies.

Al Gore not only flunked out of Vanderbilt divinity school, he didn't get higher than a D grade in his only two science courses.

So of course this makes him a liberal authority on the global warming scam.
    WTF does Al Gore have to do with anything? No one is listening to him as an authority on science. He made a movie, big deal. Are the directors of the Apollo 13 movie experts on aeronautics, or rocket propulsion, or astrophysics? Would you listen to their opinion on the practicality of another moon landing?

Or more relevant to this discussion, if one of the makers of the Apollo 13 movie said something factually incorrect, would you then assume that landing on the moon was impossible? Or that the Apollo 13 flights never took place? Or would you instead assume that the maker of the movie didn't really understand the issues, and check out what the experts were saying?

Here is where people actually go to get information on global warming. Try looking here for your information, instead of to Al Gore, and you won't look like such a fool.

http://ams.allenpress.com/perlserv/?...1520-0442&ct=1

http://www.agu.org/journals/gl/

http://www.nature.com/ngeo/index.html

http://www.sciencemag.org/
    Last edited by kazza; 03-23-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Relativity Theory can easily be explained with the help of a picture..” - Page 48

Physics made simple. Draw a picture.
    Oh, and just for the record, relativity theory can be easily explained with the help of a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    /

Here is where people actually go to get information on global warming. Try looking here for your information, instead of to Al Gore, and you won't look like such a fool.
    Who made you the worldwide authority on "where people actually go to get information on global warming" anyway?

What makes you think I got any information on global warming from the fool I condemned so harshly?

You make about as little sense as the Vanderbilt flunkout. Let me guess:
    You voted for Gore, didn't you.

Now I just read a great book by S. Fred Singer, titled Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years.

If you weren't such an arrogant, condescending individual, you might have something useful to say.

Now grow up.

Who made you the worldwide authority on "where people actually go to get information on global warming" anyway?

What makes you think I got any information on global warming from the fool I condemned so harshly?

You make about as little sense as the Vanderbilt flunkout. Let me guess:
    You voted for Gore, didn't you.

Now I just read a great book by S. Fred Singer, titled Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years.

If you weren't such an arrogant, condescending individual, you might have something useful to say.

Now grow up.
    I'm not the worldwide authority on where people go to get information, that's a consensus that is agreed upon by the scientific community. The people doing the science and making the decisions are going to peer-reviewed scientific journals to obtain their information, not to Al Gore. You may also be interested to know that, like all scientists, SF Singer publishes his work in these journals. Original research by him can be found in most of the journals I linked to.

And no, I didn't vote for Gore. Americans make up only a small percentage of the people in this world, and I happen not to be one.

http://ams.allenpress.com/perlserv/?request=get-archive&issn=1520-0442&ct=1

http://www.agu.org/journals/gl/

http://www.nature.com/ngeo/index.html

http://www.sciencemag.org/
    And then, go to Climateautit.org to see it all disputed.:judges:

9. 03-24-2009, 04:00 PM

Reason
    NIKE SPAM

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
    And then, go to Climateautit.org to see it all disputed.:judges:
    A blog written by a bloke with a BSc in Mathematics? He's no more qualified than I am to comment on the situation (in fact, less, now that I'm doing my PhD). Why would you believe him over me? If you're going to compare a personal blog to Nature and Science... well.. the MMR vaccine causes autism, homeopathy is a perfectly valid alternative treatment for cancer, astrologists can read your future, UFOs regularly visit Earth....

Now, that's not to say that he doesn't have any valid points. From what I read of his blog, he has specific issues with certain data sets, and I would need to spend more time reading it before coming to any conclusions.

A blog written by a bloke with a BSc in Mathematics? He's no more qualified than I am to comment on the situation (in fact, less, now that I'm doing my PhD). ///

Now, that's not to say that he doesn't have any valid points. From what I read of his blog, he has specific issues with certain data sets, and I would need to spend more time reading it before coming to any conclusions.
    Oh please, your pathetic Argument from Authority is classic liberal nonsense.

"I'm smarter than you, so I can't POSSIBLY be wrong...."

Finally, your mind is obviously and irreversibly made up. You're AlGorian.

Now go nowhere. Take no vacations. Never heat or air condition your home or office again. Don't even EXHALE...

BarackZero, kazza:

But... but... but I just heard from the Heartland conference that the person who discovered climate change is "not Al Gore", but US House Republican Tom McClintock!

It's true. I heard it from McClintock himself.

You see,
    it was me, Tom McClintock,
    who discovered
    the theory
    of global climate change.
    Not Al Gore.

Yet all you hear about
    is 'Al Gore this' and 'Al Gore that'.

My climate change discovery came
    in the fall
    of 1964 --
    long before the world
    had ever heard of Al Gore --
    when Ms. Conroy took
    our third grade elementary school class
    to the Museum of Natural History.

It was there
    that we saw
    a panorama of dinosaurs
    tromping around the steamy swamps
    of what is now part of Wyoming.

And now that panorama
    was right next
    to an exhibit
    of woolly mammoths
    foraging on the glaciers
    that was once
    the same part of Wyoming.

And I thought to myself,
    "Gee, those dinosaurs look cool."

And then I thought to myself,
    "Oh my god,
    the climate must be changing
    from time to time!"

And I never got
    a Nobel Prize
    for that discovery.
    So does that mean that all of Al Gore's errors are actually McClintock's? But that can't be true... because McClintock is a Republican!

Oh please, your pathetic Argument from Authority is classic liberal nonsense.

"I'm smarter than you, so I can't POSSIBLY be wrong...."

Finally, your mind is obviously and irreversibly made up. You're AlGorian.

Now go nowhere. Take no vacations. Never heat or air condition your home or office again. Don't even EXHALE...
    I'm not arguing from authority. My point was precisely that I'm not an authority, and neither is the bloke that writes the blog. I then qualified that by saying it doesn't make his arguments invalid, and that they need to be weighed up based on their individual merits.

Did you not understand?

Oh, and an argument from authority is only a fallacy when the field in which the person is an authority is not relevant to the argument being made. Using a statement by Al Gore in a global warming debate is a fallacy; using a statement by the National Academy of Science is not.

Argument by authority is absolutely wrong, unless the authority is Tom McClintock. Because... he's a Republican!