+ Reply to Thread

Pridemore Publishing Photography

In Small Business mag, there is an ad for receiving $480 for taking 24 pictures. Has anyone tried this and is it a scam? This is isn't the living will one. You send them $24 (inc s&h) and they send you their picture perfect system. I'm highly skeptical of any of these things, but figured I would see if anyone had experience with this particular one. Thanks.

Re: Pridemore Publishing Photography

I am considering trying this one too.

Well if you do, please post your findings. It seems no once else has tried it!

I have tried looking at the stock photo websites and it doesn't make sense to me how Pridemore can pay you $20 / pic when the stock photo websites are very picky about subject matter and only give you a few bucks per download. It may be a different payment method where you have to surrender your rights to the photograph, I don't know. I don't know, I have wasted $24.00 on worse things..........

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrayne View Post
    Well if you do, please post your findings. It seems no once else has tried it!
    I know! I tried "googling" for pridemore photography and this was the only reference to it that I could find...

I sent in my money a couple of days ago, maybe about 1 week. I have not gotten anything yet....But I have spent more than this on other things.

When you finally get your stuff, please post and let us know what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by noahsmommy View Post
    I sent in my money a couple of days ago, maybe about 1 week. I have not gotten anything yet....But I have spent more than this on other things.
    I used a credit card and did it online on 3/12/9; still nothing. And that's more than 3 weeks for "expadited" delivery??
    Joy

I'd like to see the mailing address, and any other contact info from that advertisement. Can anyone lay hands on a copy? I'd like to check a few things out before I make any further comment.

Quote Originally Posted by dr poormouth View Post
    I'd like to see the mailing address, and any other contact info from that advertisement. Can anyone lay hands on a copy? I'd like to check a few things out before I make any further comment.
    I you google pridemore, you come up with the address that is on the outside of the envelope that arrived in the mail today.

I just opened up the package and the booklet of the "Picture Perfect System" is 18 pages long. So, if you paid for expedited shipping like I did, that's $2/page; and the first page is the title page and the second is the legal disclaimers!! It takes Chris Johansen 7 pages to get to the real info he has to sell. He gives you the name of a couple of websites; his favorite webiste comes up at the top of the second page of a google search for "stock photography".

There is CERTAINLY no mention of offering to pay anyone $480/24 pics. It is merely some thoughts about using the various stock photo websites in order to sell your photos. All easily accessible by anyone interested in doing a search on how to sell your digital photographs online.

Wow. That's some expedited shipping. So I guess we are concluding that this is fairly useless to waste money on. Thanks for posting your findings.

This guy has been around for years - his ads are hilarious! he has one about some fat guy name elmer that cracks me up! its a lot of hype but what do you expect in those magazines...i'm sure its a workable plan of some sort or he wouldn't still be around this long...

i have a magizine call home bussiness and it has this company name pridmore publishing in new york city and now they have something to where you can txt a special txt message between the hours ot 8.00am and 12.00 pm your time and they say that you can earn up to 250.00 dollars for ten txts or 750.00 dollars for 30.00 txs. can some explain that to me? this is in the home bussiness magizine that i have it is for this year 2011. this got to be a scam right? someone let me know ok