+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dead Mormons

Dead Mormons

The Mormon Book of the Dead

Briefly, here's my review of the Book of Mormon:

"We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true."
    -From Introduction to the Book of Mormon

The Book of Mormon (Mormon, an alleged ancient historian-prophet) - written on metal plates - was given to Mormon's son, Moroni, who added to them and buried them and later revealed their whereabouts to Joseph Smith in the early 1800s, considered a prophet by the Mormons.

I began to recognize error immediately, starting with the introduction that makes reference to Mormon's son Moroni (who appeared to Joseph Smith) as now a "glorified, resurrected being..." What? Has that mortal man, if he even existed, already received his reward when the Bible clearly reveals the righteous, including Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and the Prophets, are asleep and await the resurrection and inheritance God offers His people?

Hebrews 11
    13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises..39 And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, 40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.

Jesus clearly stated, "No man has ascended to Heaven" (John 3:13) and Peter testified that King David is still "dead and buried... David did not ascend into the heavens" (Acts 2:29, 34). Paul and John also reveal that we receive our crown and reward at the return of Jesus Christ and our resurrection:

2 Timothy
    Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Revelation 22
    12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.

The same Introduction to the Book of Mormon claims that the "Lamanites" (supposedly Israelites who allegedly came from Jerusalem) are the "principal ancestors of the American Indians." That's an illegitimate claim if there ever was one! Not a single American Indian tribe, First Tribes, First Americans, Native Americans - whatever you choose to call them ( I call them Beringian immigrants) - bear any of the biblical birthmarks of fulfilled prophecy.

The birthmarks of fulfilled biblical prophecies include, as the Jerusalem-based Brit Am Israel organization teaches:

According to the Bible ten out of the twelve tribes of Israel split away (1 Kings 12:19), formed their own kingdom of "Israel" (1 Kings 12:20) and were exiled by the Assyrians (2 Kings 17:18). They forget their identity (Hosea 1:9, 7:8; Isaiah 49:21) and became the Lost Ten Tribes. In the future they will re-unite with the Jews (Ezekiel 37; Isaiah 11:13; Jeremiah 3:18) of "Judah", but until then they have a role of their own to fulfill. They were destined to be situated at the continental extremities of the earth such as North America, the British Isles, Scandinavia, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa (Deuteronomy 33:13; Isaiah 24:16, 26:15, 41:8-9, 49:6), to be the richest (Genesis 27:28, 49:25; Deuteronomy 33:13-16; Hosea 2:8), and most powerful (Numbers 24:8-7; Micah 5:7-9) nations on earth and to control major international strategic bases (Genesis 22:16-17, 24:60). All of these points together with numerous others show that descendants of the Lost Ten Tribes can only be found amongst Western Nations, especially the English-speaking ones.

Is the Book of Mormon greater than the 10 Commandments? God had Moses write them on stone tablets, not gold plates. And the hidden metal plates collection supposedly included the biblical lots, the Urim and the Thummim, that are strictly to be used only by a priest from the Tribe of Levi (Ezra 2:63) - not by any other tribe:

Exodus 28
    30 And you shall put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim, and they shall be over Aaron’s heart when he goes in before the LORD. So Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel over his heart before the LORD continually.

Deuteronomy 33:8
    And of Levi he said: “Let Your Thummim and Your Urim be with Your holy one, Whom You tested at Massah, And with whom You contended at the waters of Meribah...

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's Kingdom once again established on the earth preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah." - Introduction

The Bible nowhere refers to the "Church of Jesus Christ," but it does make reference twelve times to the Church of God. Furthermore, it appears they consider Joseph Smith the Elijah who was to come.

Speaking of Jesus Christ, "we shall dwell with him eternally in the heavens" - The Testimony of Three Witnesses

As Jesus Christ plainly taught, "the meek shall inherit the Earth." Other Scriptures prove the New Jerusalem will be established on Earth.

"And the honor be to God the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God." - The Testimony of Three Witnesses

Sounds like they're promoting the pagan trinity doctrine of demons, doesn't it?

"..all mankind were in a lost and in a fallen state" - 1 Nephi 10:6.

Alma 3:26 teaches eternal happiness or misery; Alma 40:15 teaches a state of happiness and a state of misery (before the resurrection, when the Bible says the dead know nothing and the dead are asleep) and they promote the immortal soul lie of the serpent: "The soul could never die" (Alma 42:9), when Ezekiel says twice that "the soul that sins shall die" (Ezekiel 18:4, 20) and Jesus warned of both body and soul getting destroyed (Matt.10:28).

Born Again and Heaven and Hell

I did not read much of the Book of Mormon, but what I did read was enough to recognize that it contradicts the Word of God; what I did read was sufficient to see that it is not Scripture, that it is a lie, a book of the dead:

Isaiah 8:20
    20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Galatians 1
    8...if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

The Book of Mormon, a false gospel and spurious scripture, amounts to a mishmash of stories, like a confused child or schizophrenic person would tell, mixing truth with error; The Book of Mormon is a spoof from Satan - a demonic comedy - an abomination.

My hope and prayer is that Mormons will burn their book, return to the basics, get back to the Faith once delivered to Jerusalem, and go by the Book - the Holy Bible.

Isaiah 55:7-9
    7 Let the wicked forsake his way,
    And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
    Let him return to the LORD,
    And He will have mercy on him;
    And to our God,
    For He will abundantly pardon.
    8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
    Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD.
    9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    So are My ways higher than your ways,
    And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Re: Dead Mormons

it just occurred to me that both mormons and muslims can enjoy "knowing" many women at the same time!?now it also occurs to me that the advantage of the mormons is they dont have to wait till they die!?the disadvantage poosibly being they dont necessarrily get virgins!?hhhmmmmm :freak3: :judges::spin2: hehe!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    mormons and muslims
    M&Ms However, that candy isn't dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
    The Mormon Book of the Dead

Briefly, here's my review of the Book of Mormon:

"We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true."

The Book of Mormon (Mormon, an alleged ancient historian-prophet) - written on metal plates - was given to Mormon's son, Moroni, who added to them and buried them and later revealed their whereabouts to Joseph Smith in the early 1800s, considered a prophet by the Mormons.

I began to recognize error immediately, starting with the introduction that makes reference to Mormon's son Moroni (who appeared to Joseph Smith) as now a "glorified, resurrected being..." What? Has that mortal man, if he even existed, already received his reward when the Bible clearly reveals the righteous, including Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and the Prophets, are asleep and await the resurrection and inheritance God offers His people?

Hebrews 11
    13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises..39 And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, 40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.

Jesus clearly stated, "No man has ascended to Heaven" (John 3:13) and Peter testified that King David is still "dead and buried... David did not ascend into the heavens" (Acts 2:29, 34). Paul and John also reveal that we receive our crown and reward at the return of Jesus Christ and our resurrection:

2 Timothy
    Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Revelation 22
    12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.

The same Introduction to the Book of Mormon claims that the "Lamanites" (supposedly Israelites who allegedly came from Jerusalem) are the "principal ancestors of the American Indians." That's an illegitimate claim if there ever was one! Not a single American Indian tribe, First Tribes, First Americans, Native Americans - whatever you choose to call them ( I call them Beringian immigrants) - bear any of the biblical birthmarks of fulfilled prophecy.

The birthmarks of fulfilled biblical prophecies include, as the Jerusalem-based Brit Am Israel organization teaches:

According to the Bible ten out of the twelve tribes of Israel split away (1 Kings 12:19), formed their own kingdom of "Israel" (1 Kings 12:20) and were exiled by the Assyrians (2 Kings 17:18). They forget their identity (Hosea 1:9, 7:8; Isaiah 49:21) and became the Lost Ten Tribes. In the future they will re-unite with the Jews (Ezekiel 37; Isaiah 11:13; Jeremiah 3:18) of "Judah", but until then they have a role of their own to fulfill. They were destined to be situated at the continental extremities of the earth such as North America, the British Isles, Scandinavia, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa (Deuteronomy 33:13; Isaiah 24:16, 26:15, 41:8-9, 49:6), to be the richest (Genesis 27:28, 49:25; Deuteronomy 33:13-16; Hosea 2:8), and most powerful (Numbers 24:8-7; Micah 5:7-9) nations on earth and to control major international strategic bases (Genesis 22:16-17, 24:60). All of these points together with numerous others show that descendants of the Lost Ten Tribes can only be found amongst Western Nations, especially the English-speaking ones.

Is the Book of Mormon greater than the 10 Commandments? God had Moses write them on stone tablets, not gold plates. And the hidden metal plates collection supposedly included the biblical lots, the Urim and the Thummim, that are strictly to be used only by a priest from the Tribe of Levi (Ezra 2:63) - not by any other tribe:

Exodus 28
    30 And you shall put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim, and they shall be over Aaron’s heart when he goes in before the LORD. So Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel over his heart before the LORD continually.

Deuteronomy 33:8
    And of Levi he said: “Let Your Thummim and Your Urim be with Your holy one, Whom You tested at Massah, And with whom You contended at the waters of Meribah...

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's Kingdom once again established on the earth preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah." - Introduction

The Bible nowhere refers to the "Church of Jesus Christ," but it does make reference twelve times to the Church of God. Furthermore, it appears they consider Joseph Smith the Elijah who was to come.

Speaking of Jesus Christ, "we shall dwell with him eternally in the heavens" - The Testimony of Three Witnesses

As Jesus Christ plainly taught, "the meek shall inherit the Earth." Other Scriptures prove the New Jerusalem will be established on Earth.

"And the honor be to God the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God." - The Testimony of Three Witnesses

Sounds like they're promoting the pagan trinity doctrine of demons, doesn't it?

"..all mankind were in a lost and in a fallen state" - 1 Nephi 10:6.

Alma 3:26 teaches eternal happiness or misery; Alma 40:15 teaches a state of happiness and a state of misery (before the resurrection, when the Bible says the dead know nothing and the dead are asleep) and they promote the immortal soul lie of the serpent: "The soul could never die" (Alma 42:9), when Ezekiel says twice that "the soul that sins shall die" (Ezekiel 18:4, 20) and Jesus warned of both body and soul getting destroyed (Matt.10:28).

Born Again and Heaven and Hell

I did not read much of the Book of Mormon, but what I did read was enough to recognize that it contradicts the Word of God; what I did read was sufficient to see that it is not Scripture, that it is a lie, a book of the dead:

Isaiah 8:20
    20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Galatians 1
    8...if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

The Book of Mormon, a false gospel and spurious scripture, amounts to a mishmash of stories, like a confused child or schizophrenic person would tell, mixing truth with error; The Book of Mormon is a spoof from Satan - a demonic comedy - an abomination.

My hope and prayer is that Mormons will burn their book, return to the basics, get back to the Faith once delivered to Jerusalem, and go by the Book - the Holy Bible.

Isaiah 55:7-9
    7 Let the wicked forsake his way,
    And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
    Let him return to the LORD,
    And He will have mercy on him;
    And to our God,
    For He will abundantly pardon.
    8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
    Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD.
    9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    So are My ways higher than your ways,
    And My thoughts than your thoughts.
    What an incredible waste of ones time. JMHO

Who cares?

You believe this crazy old myth, they believe that one.:rotz:

The bible nor the Book of Mormon aren't the 'words of god'. They're the words of mortal Men. Men that feared death and the unknown.

If there is no god, we'd invent one for those reasons alone.

That's mine.

BFD! Right?

Right.

Kerry
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

You make too many errors to even answer. For one we do not believe Joseph Smith was Elijah. Perhaps you should know a little more about what your talking about before exposing your ignorance.

We pass no offering plate, we pay none of our clergy.
    The Bible climes paid clergy lead their congregations to hell.

Do a Google search for the 17 signs of Gods true Church, see who scores highest.

Careful, you might learn something!

The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints scores a perfect 17.

17 Points of the True Church

1. Christ organized the Church (Ephesians 4:11-15)

2. The true church must bear the name of Jesus Christ
    (Ephesians 5:23)

3. The true church must have a foundation of
    Apostles and Prophets (Ephesians 2:19-20)

4. The true church must have the same organization as Christ's Church (Ephesians 4:11-15)

5. The true church must claim divine authority(Hebrews 4:4-10)

6. The true church must have no paid ministry
    (Acts 20:33-34; John 10 11-13)

7. The true church must baptize by immersion (Mathew 3:13-16)

8. The true church must bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands
    (Acts 8:14-17)

9. The true church must practice divine healing (Mark 3:14-15)

10. The true church must teach that God and Jesus are separate and distinct individuals
    (John 17:11; 20:17)

11. The true church must teach that God and Jesus have bodies of flesh and bone
    (Luke 23:36-39; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews1:1-3)

12. The officers must be called by God
    (Hebrews 4:4; Exodus 28:1; 40:13-16)

13. The true church must claim revelation from God (Amos 3:7)

14. The true church must be a missionary church (Mathew 28:19-20)

15. The true church must be a restored church (Acts 3:19-20)

16. The true church must practice baptism for the dead
    (1 Corinthians 15:16&29)

17. "By their fruits ye shall know them." (Matthew 7:20)
    Last edited by Worried_in_the_USA; 04-05-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post

Who cares?

The bible nor the Book of Mormon aren't the 'words of god'. They're the words of mortal Men. Men that feared death and the unknown.

That's mine.

BFD! Right?

Right.

Kerry
    Agreed.

And South Park also said the Mormons are the right religion - so it must be true.

A Fairy Tale story?:

Ether 15:30-31

"And it came to pass that when Coriantumr had leaned upon his sword, that he had rested a little, he smote off the head of Shiz. And it came to pass that after he had smitten off the head of Shiz, that Shiz raised up on his hands and fell; and after that he had struggled for breath, he died."

(I put some words in bold for emphasis)

These 17 points of a true church must have been declared by a Mormon. This is a bias opinion and mostly can be proven wrong, since many of those verses are taken out of context. (i.e. points 9, 10, 11 and 16.)

omg - what the hell is wrong with you people?? Attack of any ONE of us - is an attack on all of us......
    Dead Mormons ???? what a load of crap.

I know of a few Mormons who have received Christ as their Savior, as it is in the Mormon doctrine to do so. So based on that, and what the Bible teaches, I would have to say, generally speaking, that Mormons are not dead. I believe that many Mormons are going to heaven when they die. It is very jugemental to say Mormons are dead. Even the Mormons who have not received Christ as Savior should not be judged because they might get saved sometime before they die and before the Lord comes.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    I know of a few Mormons who have received Christ as their Savior, as it is in the Mormon doctrine to do so. So based on that, and what the Bible teaches, I would have to say, generally speaking, that Mormons are not dead. I believe that many Mormons are going to heaven when they die. It is very jugemental to say Mormons are dead. Even the Mormons who have not received Christ as Savior should not be judged because they might get saved sometime before they die and before the Lord comes.
    I am a "Mormon" and every one of us accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. We know and teach that Jehovah of the Old Testament is Christ. To think "Mormons" ( Latter Day Saints is the proper term ) do not accept Christ as our Savior is just wrong. We also accept the Holy Ghost into our lives right after Baptism. We believe that some members of all Churches will make it to Heaven, just as we believe some from our own Church will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA View Post
    I am a "Mormon" and every one of us accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. We know and teach that Jehovah of the Old Testament is Christ. To think "Mormons" ( Latter Day Saints is the proper term ) do not accept Christ as our Savior is just wrong. We also accept the Holy Ghost into our lives right after Baptism. We believe that some members of all Churches will make it to Heaven, just as we believe some from our own Church will not.

you want my take on your chances based on your posting here!?unlike god, i "think" i know you!? but what if i dont count!? what you say to the least of them..... :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    Or you could all just be gullible and believing in something that does not exist.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
    Okay, I did that.

Basically, the answer I got was Mormon was the same as moron, only with an extra M.

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post

Who cares?

That's mine.

BFD! Right?

Right.

Kerry
    I agree with you. What an incrediable waste of time. Who cares.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

Prove it! It's easy to make accusations of one's bias opinion but it's another to prove one's point. Can you prove that there is no God? If you could, then you would be entelligent enough to have the mind of God. Oh, but then you would have to prove that you weren't God then. If you could claim that you knew about 10% of all of the universe in that God doesn't exist, then in the other 90% could God exist?