+ Reply to Thread

sprint bill problems

I have been a customer of sprint's for 4 years. My cousin has been with them for a little over one. 2 weeks ago I got my monthly statement from my bank on my checking account and saw a charge from sprint around $62. My husband and I have our payment for sprint automatically withdrawn from our account which is around $115/mo. When I saw the $62 charge, I knew it was a mistake, so I filled out an unauthorized eft form at my bank. About a week ago they notified me that it was a payment made to my cousin's phone. I dont understand how this could be because #1. she lives in Oklahoma and I live in NC, so there's no way she could have gotten my card. #2. I have never paid her bill for her so sprint should not have any of my information in regards to her account. Everything is 100% separate. How could this be? My bank refused to refund my money to me because I could not prove I did not make initiate the charge. Sprint basically laughs at me everytime I call. Has anybody else had this problem?

Re: sprint bill problems

I had sprint about 3 years ago, and I made a few purchases for ring tones. Not only did it cost they regular amount but also another like 10 for service fee. At that time, my fiance and I couldn't afford it. So we asked why they didn't tell us about it, and they said it said it when I press accept. Also, they kept turning off our phones, when we had a little less then a hundred minutes left. We couldn't keep this, so we switch to Cricket, and we have never been happier.

Re: sprint bill problems

Quote Originally Posted by itsacause View Post
    I have been a customer of sprint's for 4 years. My cousin has been with them for a little over one. 2 weeks ago I got my monthly statement from my bank on my checking account and saw a charge from sprint around $62. My husband and I have our payment for sprint automatically withdrawn from our account which is around $115/mo. When I saw the $62 charge, I knew it was a mistake, so I filled out an unauthorized eft form at my bank. About a week ago they notified me that it was a payment made to my cousin's phone. I dont understand how this could be because #1. she lives in Oklahoma and I live in NC, so there's no way she could have gotten my card. #2. I have never paid her bill for her so sprint should not have any of my information in regards to her account. Everything is 100% separate. How could this be? My bank refused to refund my money to me because I could not prove I did not make initiate the charge. Sprint basically laughs at me everytime I call. Has anybody else had this problem?
    Soooo instead of first trying to reach Sprint and work it out, you immediatly tried to protest the payment?

And why is it I think there is more to this story? Somehow Sprint managed to magically find out that you have a cousin, and managed to just switch your cousins charges over to your account even though "Everything is 100% seperate."

Care to explain how sprint could possibly know that you are related to a girl in Oklahoma hundreds of miles away?

As for them laughing at you when you call.... well maybe if we knew the real story we could offer advice, but its pretty obvious your not telling all of it...