+ Reply to Thread

Automobile Warranty

When i first heard my automobile was about to expire, i was shocked at first...I was getting phone msgs, then in the mail. I thought, what the...So i check my auto-warranty and thought, who are these people. I even got a cell phone call on this. They are everywhere. This is a scam. I didn't even call the 800 number that was on the letter and on my voicemails...And now, i'm getting more and more calls on this per week, this is so annoying...

Re: Automobile Warranty

I have received several calls from different California-based numbers for the same scam.
    It appears to be a phishing or telemarketing scam.
    A recording tells you that your warranty will expire soon, and a live person comes on the line if you press "1".
    I pressed 1 once and said that I wasn't interested.
    I think that this company is either trying to sell an overpriced warranty, or it is trying to get personal information from the victims that are called.

I don't know how they got my number!

Its an overpriced warentee - just for fun I strung them along. They have opening people that will discuss it with you reading a script... then they hand you off to a "closer" that is so busy because of all the warentees they are writing...(who is also basically reading a script) I made up an old car worth about 5k, and they tried to convince me to buy a $2,500 warentee on the drive train. They go on and on about each individual item on the car it covers (literally listing each gasket etc).

TOTAL scam... Massively overpriced, un-needed warentees.

If you want to confirm its a scam, ask them what the name of their company is - note they won't tell you...

I do highly recomend stringing them along and wasting their time till they transfer you to the closer - its pretty funny because the closer won't waste time and will just hang up on you if you don't follow his script.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    Its an overpriced warentee - just for fun I strung them along. They have opening people that will discuss it with you reading a script... then they hand you off to a "closer" that is so busy because of all the warentees they are writing...(who is also basically reading a script) I made up an old car worth about 5k, and they tried to convince me to buy a $2,500 warentee on the drive train. They go on and on about each individual item on the car it covers (literally listing each gasket etc).

TOTAL scam... Massively overpriced, un-needed warentees.

If you want to confirm its a scam, ask them what the name of their company is - note they won't tell you...

I do highly recomend stringing them along and wasting their time till they transfer you to the closer - its pretty funny because the closer won't waste time and will just hang up on you if you don't follow his script.
    If you really want to piss them off Chris, when you get that recorded canned message just start hitting the # key six or seven times and it will be smooth sailing.