+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 23

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    793

    15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    Too bad EveryKnee flounced off before this showed up; it effectively quashes the "ONLY A THEORY!" strawman she kept flogging in The Fundie Mentality thread.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wv6kgjOEL0&fmt=18
    HASTA LA VISTA
    SEE YOU NEXT PROGRAM

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    838

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    God made the Universe, Earth and Man in 6 days, 6000 years ago. Evolution is a theory that is obviously wrong. :judges:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    793

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    I call Poe on philiper.
    But, considering his posting history, you never know...
    HASTA LA VISTA
    SEE YOU NEXT PROGRAM

  4. #4
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
    God made the Universe, Earth and Man in 6 days, 6000 years ago. Evolution is a theory that is obviously wrong. :judges:
    It must be in light of all the overwhelming evidence of Creation. You tell'em Phlipper!!! Tell'em all the evidence of Creation.....

    ......(......crickets chirping......)...uh.........Phlipper???
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    793

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    What a coincidence, the 14th episode deals with the fact that creationists have no evidence for thier cause, why they reject evidence for natural selection, and what they consider to be "proof". It also explains the concept of dogma.
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Last edited by furbearingbrick; 02-19-2009 at 07:36 AM.
    HASTA LA VISTA
    SEE YOU NEXT PROGRAM

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    838

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingbrick View Post
    What a coincidence, the 14th episode deals with the fact that creationists have no evidence for thier cause.........
    The 1st Foundational Truth Of Creationism is the fact that only a supreme being with a supreme sense of humor could have produced creatures such as monkeys and furbearingbrick.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    Creationism fits perfectly in conspirathy theory realm. In that sense it is a "theory".

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    It's all SOOOO simple.

    Two "branes" touched and when they touched, created the Big Bang, and voila.

    From these theoretical, wishful, hypothetical, imaginary "branes" came matter, energy, organization, and information.

    Now where did these "branes" come from?

    The String Theory Scholars could tell you, but then they'd have to kill you.

    It's all so simple. If you can't understand this *science*, well you're just a flat-earthing, brain-dead fundie.

    More liberal Kool Aid, anyone???

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    838

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    It's possible that no one will ever know the exact answer to the beginning of the universe-if it even had a beginning. Perhaps someone will find a rosetta stone, of sorts, for such an answer or perhaps an elegant, or not so elegant, proof for such. If a proof ever is found, it is likely that very few will understand it. The likelyhood is that this controversy will go on to infinity, if there is such a thing. At this point, reasonable theories are certainly interesting and welcome. That's my two scents.

  10. #10
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    It's all SOOOO simple.

    Two "branes" touched and when they touched, created the Big Bang, and voila.

    From these theoretical, wishful, hypothetical, imaginary "branes" came matter, energy, organization, and information.

    Now where did these "branes" come from?

    The String Theory Scholars could tell you, but then they'd have to kill you.

    It's all so simple. If you can't understand this *science*, well you're just a flat-earthing, brain-dead fundie.

    More liberal Kool Aid, anyone???

    No, I think you have had enough for all of us.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    It's all SOOOO simple.

    Two "branes" touched and when they touched, created the Big Bang, and voila.

    From these theoretical, wishful, hypothetical, imaginary "branes" came matter, energy, organization, and information.

    Now where did these "branes" come from?

    The String Theory Scholars could tell you, but then they'd have to kill you.

    It's all so simple. If you can't understand this *science*, well you're just a flat-earthing, brain-dead fundie.

    More liberal Kool Aid, anyone???
    Uh huh.

    But the all-knowing, all-powerful god that wrote Maxwell's equations, the Dirac equation, came up with the elegance of Quantum Field theory and Lagrangian Mechanics, is the same god that got pissed off at someone for touching the arc and zapped him to death. The same god that sent his son to die to change a rule that he made in the first place. The same god that couldn't think of a better way to fix things than to flood the Earth.

    More conservative Kool Aid, anyone???

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,286

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Uh huh.

    But the all-knowing, all-powerful god that wrote Maxwell's equations, the Dirac equation, came up with the elegance of Quantum Field theory and Lagrangian Mechanics, is the same god that got pissed off at someone for touching the arc and zapped him to death. The same god that sent his son to die to change a rule that he made in the first place. The same god that couldn't think of a better way to fix things than to flood the Earth.

    More conservative Kool Aid, anyone???
    we all know the 2 sides of love as we experience it?every rose has it's thorn?frankly kazza,you are just to young,busy and successful to bother with trying to learn about the possibility of a personal god?now multiply this scenario by the people involved in the pyramid scheme of success and there you have it? you do bring up an interesting/confusing point about a god's "change of heart" as you put it? but let's face it,all SOMEBODYS challenge the existence of a god?when in reality,they are just claiming/realizing/exercizing all the promised free benefits of same for their own chosen purposes? sorta what the "devil" did that got him PERMANENTLY banned from heaven? we've still got a chance to make the wise choice? unless were to busy that is? and even no mattter how F'd 1's life is,they can still be to busy? but who know's? it could all be just a myth? i read a theory that your time is not counted until you begin to seek god? until then,you just recur,which is to say,you live the same life over again? the orientals have a saying that sorta fits this scenario? better not to start,but once started,better to finish? OK...OK..i'm gonna quit for now!so please enjoy your realized personal freedoms while you still have them? it's what all would do if they could!?
    Last edited by lexx; 03-28-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    838

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    we all know the 2 sides of love as we experience it?every rose has it's thorn?frankly kazza,you are just to young,busy and successful to bother with trying to learn about the possibility of a personal god?now multiply this scenario by the people involved in the pyramid scheme of success and there you have it? you do bring up an interesting/confusing point about a god's "change of heart" as you put it? but let's face it,all SOMEBODYS challenge the existence of a god?when in reality,they are just claiming/realizing/excersizing all the promised free benefits of same for their own chosen purposes? sorta what the "devil" did that got him PERMANENTLY banned from heaven? we've still got a chance to make the right choice? unless were to busy that is?who know's? it could all be just a myth? i read that your time is not counted until you begin to seek god? until then,you just recur,which is to say,you live the same life over again? the orientals have a saying that sorta fits this scenario? better not to start,but once started,better to finish? OK...OK..i'm gonna quit for now! enjoy your freedom while you still have it? it's what we all would do if we could!?
    So true. Sorta like global warming. When, yer hot, yer hot; when yer cold, it's global warming. Everything is coming together. We are all connected to the Earth. The Earth is connected to the Sun. God runs the Sun but we run the warming thing because we're sinners. We're making a hell on Earth with this CO2 thing. It's what we like to do because we love fast cars and hot women. We can't help it. God made us this way. :angel:

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    I am reminded of Sir Isaac Newton's reaction to his friend, an atheist, who came upon Newton one day. Newton had completed a working model of the solar system, a complex mechanism of pullies, gears and spheres of appropriate size, all circling the sun.

    The atheist exclaimed, "Oh what a lovely model of the solar system. Who made it?"

    Without so much as turning around, Newton replied to the atheist, "Nobody. It just put itself together like this."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    I am reminded of Sir Isaac Newton's reaction to his friend, an atheist, who came upon Newton one day. Newton had completed a working model of the solar system, a complex mechanism of pullies, gears and spheres of appropriate size, all circling the sun.

    The atheist exclaimed, "Oh what a lovely model of the solar system. Who made it?"

    Without so much as turning around, Newton replied to the atheist, "Nobody. It just put itself together like this."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence

  16. #16
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: 15th Foundational Falsehood Of Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    I am reminded of Sir Isaac Newton's reaction to his friend, an atheist, who came upon Newton one day. Newton had completed a working model of the solar system, a complex mechanism of pullies, gears and spheres of appropriate size, all circling the sun.

    The atheist exclaimed, "Oh what a lovely model of the solar system. Who made it?"

    Without so much as turning around, Newton replied to the atheist, "Nobody. It just put itself together like this."
    The sarcasm is obvious. Everyone knows that Newton just blinked and it appeared right infront of him exactly the way he thought it should be.

    He never did any work or made any attempts at making pullies that were too large or two small to be useful. He didn't have any spare parts left over when they were the wrong size because, like all creation, he just winked it into existance.

    Yep! His creation didn't evolve at all!
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Similar Threads

  1. Is there really even an argument FOR creationism?
    By bibleman in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
  2. Creationism Vs. The Dog ate my homework
    By Spector567 in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 07:40 AM
  3. 9th Foundational Falsehood of Creationism
    By furbearingbrick in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 05:13 AM
  4. Creationism and Race
    By kazza in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 03:54 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 03:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •