+ Reply to Thread

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Shakeup's follow-up: Cheney to the NFL?

Here you go Grim, I know how much you like links:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...neuharth_x.htm

Shakeup's follow-up: Cheney to the NFL?

The Oval Office shakeup that President Bush's critics and some of his close friends have been calling for started this week with the "resignation" of chief of staff Andy Card. But for Bush to bounce back from plunging ratings, he must make more drastic White House reorganization. Two moves that might do the trick:

Lobby to get Vice President Cheney named NFL commissioner, succeeding Paul Tagliabue who resigned last week.

Then name Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice vice president.

Go ahead, laugh. It may seem funny. But stranger things have happened in politics.

Cheney is the real albatross for Bush. Not only has he pushed the president to most of his bad decisions, but he flaunts them.

The Veep has said repeatedly he will not run for president in 2008. But at 65, he's too young to just shoot quail or other hunters or live quietly in his home state of Wyoming.

Many in demanding but low-paying public service jobs have eyed high salaries and fun in sports. Bush has called Major League Baseball commissioner an ideal job. Rice repeatedly has said her "dream job" was NFL commissioner, although she made the talk show circuit last weekend to pointedly disavow any such ambitions now.

Cheney, who demonstrated as Halliburton's boss that he likes money, makes only $212,000 a year as Veep. Tagliabue earned $8 million annually at the NFL.

If Bush wants a say in picking his successor, and most presidents do, replacing Cheney is a necessary first step. Finding other work for him now makes more sense than faking more serious heart problems to dump him later.

Replacing Cheney with Rice would make her the front-runner for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination.

Re: Shakeup's follow-up: Cheney to the NFL?

I like your idea, but what would you think of Rice as our President? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by xPIGx
    I like your idea, but what would you think of Rice as our President? Just curious.
    She is black and a woman. That makes two strikes against her. That sounds tacky but I have not seen any indications that voters would vote that way.

On her credentials, I just don't think she is qualified. She strikes me as more of a puppet and not someone capable of running a country. Too much like George Hitler in that respect.

Lady Mod

If it was between Clinton or Rice, who would it be?

Honestly, I see them both as puppets

If it was between Clinton or Rice, who would it be?

Honestly, I see them both as puppets
    Hillary? Hillary is a joke, I hope the Democratic party comes to their senses before then. But if she and Rice were to actually run against each other, the vote would most likely go to Hillary. That particular cat fight I think would most likely be won on who the running mate is in each case more so than who the candidate is.

If those are the choices, I hope the Independent party has someone worth voting for, I'll write the person's name in if I have to.

Maybe I would vote Mickey Mouse since we have such a mickey mouse congress anymore anyway. At least the little rodent has world wide appeal.

Lady Mod

lol

I would probably go independent on that one as well

I have always gone republican, but thinks are getting too screwed up now.

lol

I would probably go independent on that one as well

I have always gone republican, but thinks are getting too screwed up now.
    We should write in Gena Davis. She looks like a woman President should look on Commander and Chief. (Just saw a commercial.) Think about it, if we are going to have a woman represent us as president, don't you want someone who at least doesn't look frumpy and knows how to act? LOL

Lady Mod

I think a third party plays into the Republicans hand. I do not expect the Dems or the Republicans to give us a good choice. If the two woman go at it and a third party enters the picture, then the Rep will win. If the third party stays out of it then Hillary would win, JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA
    I think a third party plays into the Republicans hand. I do not expect the Dems or the Republicans to give us a good choice. If the two woman go at it and a third party enters the picture, then the Rep will win. If the third party stays out of it then Hillary would win, JMO
    But wouldn't it be nice if the 3rd party was someone the nation really liked AND they win?

Hey, if the neocons can live in fantasy land I can at least visit once in awhile, lol.

Namaste'

Lady Mod