+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I-Fortuity

I-Fortuity?????

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this company I-Fortuity. One of my prospects in my business told me that he basically got tricked in to signing up with this company. I guess he paid $499 to get started then a week later he received a call from them saying that for $10,000 more they could really EXPLODE his business. He said he wasnt interested and they tried selling him on a "cheaper" opportunity for ONLY $2000. Sounds like BS to me. Just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences???

Re: I-Fortuity?????

:mad: DO NOT SIGN UP WITH I-FORTUITY!!!!!!!!!!!! I MADE THE HUGE MISTAKE AND GOT SUCKED IN TO A "REFERRAL" PACKAGE FOR $399.95 THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO GENERATE 10% COMMISSIONS ON SALES FROM A WEBSITE THEY SET UP FOR ME FOR VOIP PHONE SERVICE. I TOO GOT A CALL ABOUT A SPECIAL UPGRADE FOR A PREMIUM PACKAGE THAT WAS CLOSE TO $30,000!!!! I LAUGHED AT THEM AND ENDED UP JUST STICKING WITH THE "BASIC" PACKAGE I GOT....MEANWHILE, 3 MONTHS AND MUCH ADVERTISING LATER I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ONE SALE AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON. THIS IS A HORRIBLE BUSINESS SCAM....A BLACK HOLE OF YOUR MONEY TOWARDS COMMISSIONS THAT ARE BY NO MEANS GUARANTEED OR EVEN ATTAINABLE!

I worked for I-Fortuity for a short time. If you've ever seen "The Boiler Room" ... it is the same mentality. Basically, say anything to get the credit card number. I asked questions to the owners about actual results people were having with those advertising packages ... but there was no solid answer. There were quite a few chargebacks earlier in the year ... but now they're having customers sign documents via FedEx ... especially those advertising packages over $10,000 a pop.

VOIP is a great industry but these guys are giving the service a bad name with its Boiler Room mentality on the phone ... along with the way they mishandle their employees.

They teach their reps to lie. One manager would constantly tell phone prospects he was married, paying his way thru school. The owner doesn't use his real name. Pretty pathetic operation ... which is why I quit after a few weeks.

So has anyone actually succeeded in getting their money back from I-Fortuity? They have a decent chunk of mine and I feel like a dumbass...any help would be appreciated.

Re: I-Fortuity ... run!

HG ... did you sign any documents with them? If it was just the $199, $399, or $999 ... you can probably dispute it with your credit card company. They are now Fed-Exing docs for you to sign if you buy any of the packages that are over $1,000. If you sign and FedEx back, it may be pretty difficult to recover.

VOIP is a great oppty ... but the way these guys "strong arm" you on the phone is just brutal. I suppose the Sopranos could be spokesmen for i-Fortuity, right? :)~

One of the phrases management loves to use to "motivate" its employees before getting on the phones is ... "Buyers are liars."

Nice mindset before speaking to prospects, huh? :(

Re: I-Fortuity ... run!

Yeah...I definitely felt the pressure. Sucks. I did sign the FedEx doc, so I guess I'll just have to make the best of it. Maybe after 30 or 40 years I can recoup my losses...

I absolutely have to respond. I-Fortuity people are crooks. Stay far away from them. I have a couple websites on the internet and am always looking for new opportunities. Stupidly fell for this one, only because I thought a VOIP company would be legit. Still kicking myself. Ugh! They did a bait and switch on me, then denied everything they told me. Tried to upsell me an advertising package for $35,000. Who is that dumb? I didn't sign anything, thank God. The $640.00 they took from me is in dispute, and I contacted every government agency I could think of to pressure them or put them out of business, plus BBB. Oh, by the way, i-Fortuity claims to be a member in good standing with the BBB. BBB has never heard of them. Don't know if I'll get my money back, but I'm going to tack on a bonus and :mad: give an even greater value in trouble.
    Last edited by serious business; 07-07-2007 at 01:41 AM. Reason: misspelled

Alternative VoIP Opportunity to I-Fortuity

All I can say is "WOW!" Sorry to hear that several of you have apparently gotten scammed by this opportunity. It's really a shame that when people are looking for something to change their lives, they become prey to these scams. Sometimes makes you think even legitimate opportunities are scams too.

Since you all are obviously interested in an opportunity with VoIP, I want to invite you to look at my company ACN, the world's largest direct seller of telecommunication services. And Donald Trump is personally endorsing our company.

Now, I can't make any promises we can work together. A lot of people are looking at our opportunity, but unfortunately I'm only looking for a few key people. I don't know if you qualify or not. And it may not even be for you.

If you're seriously interested, take a look at my websites. If you're still interested, contact me personally though my website. Let's talk about why you want to make extra money from home and how much a month. Then I'll tell you whether or not you can do it with ACN, and if so, what it's going to take.

Re: Alternative VoIP Opportunity to I-Fortuity

Dude - you come across worse than an ambulance chaser.

Your post wanted to make me puke Lonnie - pure crap it is . . .

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieHoward
    All I can say is "WOW!" Sorry to hear that several of you have apparently gotten scammed by this opportunity. It's really a shame that when people are looking for something to change their lives, they become prey to these scams. Sometimes makes you think even legitimate opportunities are scams too.

Since you all are obviously interested in an opportunity with VoIP, I want to invite you to look at my company ACN, the world's largest direct seller of telecommunication services. And Donald Trump is personally endorsing our company.

Now, I can't make any promises we can work together. A lot of people are looking at our opportunity, but unfortunately I'm only looking for a few key people. I don't know if you qualify or not. And it may not even be for you.

If you're seriously interested, take a look at my websites. If you're still interested, contact me personally though my website. Let's talk about why you want to make extra money from home and how much a month. Then I'll tell you whether or not you can do it with ACN, and if so, what it's going to take.

Re: Alternative VoIP Opportunity to I-Fortuity

Quote Originally Posted by cruisin_man
    Dude - you come across worse than an ambulance chaser.

Your post wanted to make me puke Lonnie - pure crap it is . . .

Tom
    Tom, my post was not for you. It was only for the people who apparently have been completely unhappy with I-Fortunity and may still want an opportunity in VoIP.

lonnie said - " Now, I can't make any promises we can work together. A lot of people are looking at our opportunity, but unfortunately I'm only looking for a few key people. I don't know if you qualify or not. And it may not even be for you. "

LOL - if someone came crawling up your driveway, not bathed in a week, but had enough cash to pay the ACN enrollment fee - you wouldn't turn them away - too funny . . . .

Tom
    Last edited by cruisin_man; 07-07-2007 at 07:43 AM.

lonnie said - " Now, I can't make any promises we can work together. A lot of people are looking at our opportunity, but unfortunately I'm only looking for a few key people. I don't know if you qualify or not. And it may not even be for you. "

LOL - if someone came crawling up your driveway, not bathed in a week, but had enough cash to pay the ACN enrollment fee - you wouldn't turn them away - too funny . . . .
    Tom, apparently that is what YOU do. Not me. I actually select--even disqualify--people for my team. For example, Saturday before last, a woman joined the business. I'd made plans to work with her during the next couple of days. I called her several times during the next week (talked to her once, left messages all the other times), but she never returned any of my phone calls. Last Saturday, I returned her application with a note. I really didn't want to do that because I know her situation and what her dreams are. But, I can only work with people who want the opportunity for themselves more than I want it for them. As ACN President & Co-Founder Greg Provenzano says, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Just look for thirsty horses!" :D

Tom
    LMAO TOM, Good one, and so true....

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieHoward
    Tom, apparently that is what YOU do. Not me. I actually select--even disqualify--people for my team. For example, Saturday before last, a woman joined the business. I'd made plans to work with her during the next couple of days. I called her several times during the next week (talked to her once, left messages all the other times), but she never returned any of my phone calls. Last Saturday, I returned her application with a note. I really didn't want to do that because I know her situation and what her dreams are. But, I can only work with people who want the opportunity for themselves more than I want it for them. As ACN President & Co-Founder Greg Provenzano says, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Just look for thirsty horses!" :D

Based on what I read above Lonnie, Sounds like she chose NOT TO WORK WITH YOU. :D

Why were you holding on to her app for a week?? Maybe if she'd received her welcome kit, and Rep ID she would have felt like she actually owned something.

Look - if you want to sell VOIP and Traditional Phone Services - check into CordiaIP.com - they have an excellent program with better earnings and lower cost to the end user. If you decide to join Cordia, please pm me and I can get you set up with a leader in that company. They ARE NOT mlm.

Why join an VOIP mlm - when, you can do your own thing and make more money, without having any initial or monthly participation fees?

Tom

Why would anyone trust any of this? How do you know who is "for real" and who is a scam artist? People like i-Fortuity give the internet a bad name, making it more difficult for honest business people to conduct business over the net. Why isn't there better control over the scammers? People are justifiably skeptical.