+ Reply to Thread

Gerson Lehrman Group Scam or legit?

Got an offer from an online job search database to do surveys for them. Should I trust giving them permission to do background checks and whatnot on me?

Re: Gerson Lehrman Group Scam or legit?

Post their email that we see whats up.

Hi,

This came up on my screen from a Google Alert I have set for Gerson Lehrman Group.

I work at GLG. The company is legit. Go to www.glgroup.com to learn more.

Wikipedia has a write up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerson_Lehrman_Group

Best,

Brian

I am a Scholar Level member of the GLG Group's Media Council of Advisors. The company sought me now many years ago (if I recall correct 2004-5). Since then I have consulted for many hours at a very fair rate/hr with many fund managers and investment companies. If you are invited to join, I highly recommend it as a way to make extra income, never enough to sustain you full time, at least has not been for me.

careful here. the job offer might not be from this company. crooks can pretend to represent any company.

I agree with alexmend - i have been involved with the group for over 3 years & consulted with analysts etc & been paid for the work. All contacts would require you to sign up & you should receive personal contacts from GLG personnel - online profiles created with GLG do not require any background checks so if something is up with the questions you are getting then something is definitely not right. trust your instincts.:rasta:

Gerson Lehrman is absolutely legit, I am an industry expert with them and have participated in paid consultations and industry/market overviews since 2005 without ever having a single problem or any issues concerning payments for my GLC activities.

If you received an e-mail asking you to take a paid survey this highly unusual and very unlikely it came from GLC. Their activities are geared towards their existing council members and I have never seen them solicit opinions from outside the group.

With a large population of experts, numbering in the thousands and covering many industries, why would they need or want to solicit outside opinions?

Most likely your e-mail was from a scam artist that was trying to piggyback off of GLC's good reputation.

You can learn more about GLC at their website http://www.glgroup.com/

You should also check out Maven: www.mavenresearch.com.

Their technology platform allows them to reach a very broad audience, maximizing your opportunities to connect with other professionals and get paid to share your knowledge. They also pay their members ongoing commissions for bringing other qualified professionals into their network. It's a relatively new company, but growing rapidly due to their unique approach.

Completely Legit

GLG matches its clients, mostly well-known investors, pension funds, hedge funds, etc., with various experts in companies, regions, industries, etc. to help inform investment decisions. These experts typically have long-standing experience in large companies, academia or government.

I am a semi-retired corporate executive. I have participated as an expert with GLG clients more than 20 times, several other people I know have participated as well and I've built a relationship with several of the senior staff at GLG.

I can assure you that all the interactions with the GLG that I've been a party to or am aware of have been conducted with the utmost legitimacy and professionalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Riletom View Post
    Gerson Lehrman is absolutely legit, I am an industry expert with them and have participated in paid consultations and industry/market overviews since 2005 without ever having a single problem or any issues concerning payments for my GLC activities.

If you received an e-mail asking you to take a paid survey this highly unusual and very unlikely it came from GLC. Their activities are geared towards their existing council members and I have never seen them solicit opinions from outside the group.

With a large population of experts, numbering in the thousands and covering many industries, why would they need or want to solicit outside opinions?

Most likely your e-mail was from a scam artist that was trying to piggyback off of GLC's good reputation.

You can learn more about GLC at their website http://www.glgroup.com/

Their Management, does not treat the women who work their correctly. They have had a very high turnover rate. Not Good! The influx of outside mngt., has hurt and will hurt this company. They do not trust the decision making women on their staff! This could be a Large Red Flag:shoutingg: ! Someone please check them out. They are worldwide, but internally it is and will be, a mess!

I am an Educator Level (this is the highest level) member of the GLG Group Council of Advisors. I have been working on many assignments for GLG clients. Often GLG paid very late (up to 3 months after sending my bill) and in some cases they did not pay the amount had been agreed upon. So I won't say that GLG is a scam, the business model is good, but they are not trustworthy as payment is concerned. That's a shame.

If you are invited to join and you are happy not to be paid what had been agreed upon than please join GLG.

Quote Originally Posted by bkotlyar View Post
    Hi,

This came up on my screen from a Google Alert I have set for Gerson Lehrman Group.

I work at GLG. The company is legit. Go to www.glgroup.com to learn more.

Wikipedia has a write up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerson_Lehrman_Group

Best,

Brian
    I am an Educator Level member of the GLG Group Council of Advisors. I have been working on many assignments for GLG clients. Often GLG paid very late (up to 3 months after sending my bill) and in some cases they did not pay the amount had been agreed upon. So I won't say that GLG is a scam, the business model is good, but they are not trustworthy as payment is concerned. That's a shame. The organisation is a mess. Their CFO seems to be incomptetent.

If you are invited to join and you are happy not to be paid what had been agreed upon than please join GLG.

I am not trying to discredit any survey company but just do not like using them. You might be in the middle of the survey then they tell you that your profile does not fit when you have already wasted a lot of time.

Unregistered Guest

GLG Gerson Lehrman Group is a Total SCAM! They have hired some young people out of high school students to collect and enter data with ZERO follow-up back to the Counsel Member. I have called and talked with several of these kids Junior, Senior Associates from GLG with again ZERO response back. DO NOT TRUST GLG WHAT SO EVER. GLG CEO and Leadership Team are not responding or available to get in contact with to discuss any issues. Don't Join this Group it is a SCAM.