+ Reply to Thread

Mail Dispatcher Scam?

Be on the look out for job offers like the email below.

1st Email will read like this:

JOB OFFER PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.‏
    Sent:Mon 2/02/09 12:55 PM
    To: venusmarrero@myway.com

Hello Job Seekers,
    Can you work as a mail dispatcher? I own a small shipping
    business and I tend to operate a high cost of operation and I want to
    cut down my expenses by employing someone in each state of USA apart
    from NY where I am, someone who will be getting mails in bulk and open
    the bulk mail and dispatch them in units to there final destinations
    in there respective states, for example, the cost of sending each mail
    is $36.00 by UPS and we want to send out 100 mails, that would be
    $3,600 which is to costly but we have a solution whereby, we ship the
    whole 100 mails in one package at the rate of $600 to you in your
    state and when you get it, you will open it and send the mail
    individually through USPS which will be $7 to $10 each and you can see
    the we will have a savings, $600 for bulk shipping plus $10 times 100
    making $1,600, you can see we have saved $2,000, so please I need you
    to work for me on a part-time basis, and you will be paid $1,600 every
    month. You will be provided with funds to dispatch the mails upfront,
    you will be provided with up to $800 to $3,400 as a running fund for
    dispatching the mails, sometimes, it may be packages of goods that you
    will be receiving and sometimes you may be required to pay for
    shipping fees out of the funds we provide to you to pay another
    freight forwarder when we need the service of another freight
    forwarder, the items you will be re-mailing or shipping will include
    letters, office materials and office equipments, I want to assure you
    that you will never use your own money for any expenses and you are
    not require to buy anything to begin the job, it is a straight forward
    job opportunity so please let me know if you are interested kindly
    email me at (patrickadriana80@gmail.com) , please do have a nice day.

REGARDS
    2nd Email will read similar to this:
    Re: JOB OFFER PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.‏
    Sent:Tue 2/03/09 10:10 AM
    To: Patricia Oldham (trisha_iceesister@msn.com)

Thank you so much for your interest in the job, the job will only take
    4 to 5 hours of your time in a week and you can work whatever hours
    you want, the name of my Business is Payroll Job Movers & Associates
    and I am located in new york city, NY, the job is very simple once you
    have an address where you can accept mails and packages, and also have
    the time to re-mail the mails and packages through USPS sometime
    through some other freight forwarders, the mails will contain letters,
    notes, gift cards and the packages will be containing office materials
    and sometimes office equipments. You will have to present an ID and
    you have to show some sense of sincerity as you will be entrusted with
    clients mails, packages and funds to utilize for re-mailing expenses,
    please do let me know when you are ready to start and let me know if
    you have all the requirements needed for the job, you need to provide
    your informations as well in order to proceed further, please let me
    have your
    Full Names: ?
    Address: ? ( HOME ADDRESS NOT PO.BOX )
    City: ?
    State: ?
    Zip Code: ?
    Tel: ?
    Email: ?
    Your current or recent job: ?, you must be above 18 years of age to be
    eligible for this job, I want to assure you once again that you will
    never use your own money for any expenses, your $1,600 salary will be
    paid twice, $800 biweekly and the re mailing funds will be provided
    constantly which will never finish in order to avoid you spending your
    own money so when the r emailing funds are low additional r emailing
    funds will be provided, and you are not require to buy anything to
    begin the job, it is a straight forward job opportunity, please do
    let me know how we should proceed and you can get start immediately,
    Good day.

I believe this may be a new twist on the fraudulent check/money order scams going around.

Re: Mail Dispatcher Scam?

I have received one of these email scams. The signature line is..

Susan Jones (CEO)
    Dores Shipping & Movers
    2324 Winesap Rd,
    Bothell, WA 98012
    Tel: 206-337-6886
    Fax: 206-333-0488
    E-mail: Movers001@Dores.com

This address or company doesn't exist obviously. When I was slightly buying into this I did give my name and address to them as requested which i don't believe can really do much harm. They then proceeded to send me a check for about $2,457 from star's edge international which is an actual co in florida, check is a certified wachovia bank check. I was instructed to then get a price from usps to ship 20 laptops within my state for 3day delivery. Then they would be giving me instructions on paying a freight forwarding co to ship me the laptops which i would then send out these laptops through usps to there individual destinations in my state using the original check money the sent from stars edge int. Im guessing this check i received is somehow fraudulent funds that i make accesible to the freigh fwd co as an avenue to get these funds overseas. Not exactly sure. But i just wanted to warn others who come across this. I will obviously be trashing this check that was sent to me.

zachj - you got almost the whole thing.

the last step is: you would be instructed to pay the freight forwarding agent, by western union, after you had deposited the fake check in your own account. the trick is, your bank is required to make the cash available to you much sooner than they will find out the check is a fake. the bank isn't that worried because, you and you alone are responsible for every item you deposit.

in this case they probably have you wire $2000 before your bank tells you that you deposted a fraudulant check and asks if you are free to chat with the police today.

the name and address you sent the money to will be found to entirely fake because western union will pay out the money to anybody that knows the details of the transaction, that is, the amount, who sent it, and the transfer #, all of which you will provide to the scammer via email.

oh, uh, your job is over. they won't answer your emails anymore after they have your money. yes, its your money, not the bank's money.
    Last edited by mumbles; 11-28-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Hi,

Here is another common scam, I got it after put an advertisement is *****list.

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 12:29:29 -0700
    To: XXX@*****slist.org

Hello,
    I need someone that can work for me,the work require you to have a computer connected to a working printer.

Get back to me if you're interested and if you have the requirement(computer connected to a working printer).

Regards

Tim

Then, after my response inquiring information:

Hi,

This position is perfect for anyone who has spare time and needs to earn extra income.
    The job requires no previous experience in any particular field,no experience is needed and training is provided. However, the following skills are desirable:
    1) A computer with printer
    2) Basic knowledge of the internet
    As this job is entirely online, you will need to know how to use the internet also this job is a part-time job two hours in any three (3) days in a week perhaps Monday,Wednesday and Thursday or Monday,Tuesday and thursday and you can choose any preferable hours you can do this.
    Let me explain this job to you,i am a stock broker and i need to dispatch bill payment to clients, your job is to print bill payment and envelop it then drop at the nearest US Post Office or drop off box,USPS will pickup all this bill payment and dispatch it to each address at my expense,once again let me make this more clearer i will send bill payments to you online(email) you will print them and envelop it then drop them at any nearest US Post Office or drop off box and the bill payments will be dispatch to clients at my expenses also none of your information will be included in this NO NAME,NO ADDESS NO SIGNATURE NO PHONE,all this information will be mine and i will provide them.i will give you the instructions and directions to get this done without any problem.

@ Almacigo
    Thanks for posting up the email address and email itself from that scammer.

That scammer is looking for people to print and send out his fake checks. Looks like he wants you to commit Federal mail fraud by sending out fake checks with the USPS. That is even worse than sending them out by UPS or Fedex. Committing mail fraud with the post office will get you sent to Federal prison not the local jail.

the bill payments will be dispatch to clients at my expenses also none of your information will be included in this NO NAME,NO ADDESS NO SIGNATURE NO PHONE
    Except for the fake check he will want you to cash and then Western Union the cash back to the scammer using another of his fake names posing as the stamp supplier or something. Except for your fingerprints on the envelopes, the Federal government does not look kindly on mail fraud.

Thanks again for posting up that information.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

I just received an e-mail that was near-identical to this one. With few differences, it was all in one e-mail, not separated into two.

I will paste it here:

Dear Sir/ Madam,
    Can you work as a mail dispatcher? I own a small shipping business and I tend to operate a high cost of operation and I want to cut down my expenses by employing someone in each state of USA, someone who will be getting mails in bulk and open the bulk mail and dispatch them in units to there final destinations in there respective states, for example, the cost of sending each mail is $34.00 by UPS and we want to send out 100 mails, that would be $3,400 which is to costly but we have a solution whereby, we ship the whole 100 mails in one package at the rate of $600 to you in your state and when you get it, you will open it and send the mail individually through USPS which will be $7 to $10 each and you can see the we will have a savings, $600 for bulk shipping plus $10 times 100 making $1,400, you can see we have saved $2,000, so please I need you to work for me on a part-time basis, and you will be paid $1800 every month. You will be provided with funds to dispatch the mails upfront, you will be provided with up to $800 to $3,400 as a running fund for dispatching the mails, sometimes, it may be packages of goods that you will be receiving and sometimes you may be required to pay for shipping fees out of the funds we provide to you to pay another freight forwarder when we need the service of another freight forwarder, the items you will be re-mailing or shipping will include letters, office materials and office equipments.
    I want to assure you that you will never use your own money for any expenses and you are not require to buy anything to begin the job, it is a straight forward job opportunity. The job will only take 4 to 5 hours of your time in a week and you can work whatever hours you want, the name of my Business is Payroll Job Movers & Associates and I am located in OH, the job is very simple once you have an address where you can accept mails and packages, and also have the time to re-mail the mails and packages through USPS sometime through some other freight forwarders, the mails will contain letters, notes, gift cards and the packages will be containing office
    materials and sometimes office equipments.
    You will have to present an ID and you have to show some sense of sincerity as you will be entrusted with
    clients mails, packages and funds to utilize for re-mailing expenses, please do let me know when you are ready to start and let me know if you have all the requirements needed for the job, you need to provide your information again in order to proceed further.

Please let me have the below details:

Full Names:

Address: (P.O Box is not accepted)

City:

State:

Zip Code:

Tel:

Email:

Your current or recent job:

Please note, you must be above 18 years of age to be eligible for this job, I want to assure you once again that you will never use your own money for any expenses, your $1800 salary will be paid twice, $900 weekly and the remaining funds will be provided constantly which will never finish in order to avoid you spending your own money so when the remaining funds are low additional remaining funds will be provided, and you are not require to buy anything to begins the job,it is a straight forward job opportunity, please do let me know how we should proceed and you can get start immediately.

Best Regards,

Roben William.

Could you post up the newest email address for that scammer? His work06@kify.net email address is shut down. Thanks.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

I received this contact earlier today after posting resume on****list for work. I do find a company by this name/addr on BBB but no rating.
    Can you work as a mail dispatcher? I own a small shipping business and I tend to operate a high cost of operation and I want to cut down my expenses by employing someone in each state of USA apart from Virginia where I am,someone who will be getting mails in bulk and open the bulk mail and dispatch them in units to there final destinations in there respective states, for example, the cost of sending each mail is $10.00 by UPS and we want to send out 100 mails, that would be $1000.00 which is too costly but we have a solution whereby, we ship the whole 100 mails in one package at the rate of $200.00 to you in your state and when you get it, you will open it and send the mail individually through USPS which will be $5.00 to $6.00 each and you can see that we will have a saving, $800 for bulk shipping plus $6 times 100 making $500.00 or $600.00, you can see we have saved $8,000, so please I need you to work for me on a part-time basis, and you will be paid $400.00 every week.

You will be provided with funds to pay freight forwarder, you will be provided with funds to pay for USPS to dispatch the mails upfront, you will be provided with up to $3,400.00 to $4,000.00 as a running fund for dispatching the mails, sometimes, it may be packages of goods that you will be receiving and sometimes you may be required to pay for shipping and freight fees out of the funds we provide to you to pay another freight forwarder when we need the service of another freight forwarder, the items you will be re-mailing or shipping will include letters,office materials and office equipments, home theater, electronics and some other general consumer goods, I want to assure you that you will never use your own money for any expenses and you are not require to buy anything to begin the job,the job will only take 4 to 5 hours of your time in a week and you can work whatever hours you want, the name of my Business is Clover Shipping Enterprises and I am located in Virginia, the job is very simple once you have an address where you can accept mails and packages, and also have the time to re-mail the mails and packages through USPS sometime through some other freight forwarders, the mails and packages will contain gift cards,letters, office materials and office equipments, home theater, electronics and some other general consumer goods, you don't need any much space, they are packages you can put in your room, or in your garage. You will have to present an ID either driver's license or any other personal ID, all I wanted to ensure is that you have an ID to show to the delivery man when packages will be delivered to you and you have to show some sense of sincerity as you will be entrusted with clients mails, packages and funds to utilize for re-mailing expenses, please do let me know when you are ready to start and let me know if you have all the requirements needed for the job, you need to provide your information as well in order to proceed further.

*RESUME INFORMATION NEEDED*

Full Names:
    Full Address: (P.O. BOX NOT ACCEPTED)
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Cell Number:
    Present Job:
    Reason for taking up this job, and please note, you must be above 18 years of age to be eligible for this job.

You are going to be employed as Associate Logistic Personnel and your employment is based on a 1099 status, your first salary $400.00 salary will be paid by check and the re-mailing funds will be provided constantly which will never finish in order to avoid you spending your own money so when the re-mailing funds are low additional re-mailing funds will be provided, and you are not require to buy anything to begin the job, it is a straight forward job opportunity.

Please do let me know how we should proceed and you can get start immediately and ensure you send your response to jonesmartins75@yahoo.com

Our Company Federal Tax ID is 13-3263777
    Clover Shipping Enterprises
    15250 Woodcrest dr
    Orange, Virginia 22960

U.S.A.
    Telephone: 540-908-3540
    Email: jonesmartins75@yahoo.com

This is Christopher Pederson,

Me and my wife have just recently fell under the scamming powers of Mr. Jones Martins and I a sure that this for sure is a scam. We received 2 money orders in the amount of $985.01, the money orders where dated for 2010-12-12 and Mr. Martins did not contact me or my wife until Fri, Feb 11, 2011 11:22 am. Below will be the end results of my investigation thus-far. Anyways, me and my wife not wanting to take the chance of depositing false money orders, took the 2 money orders to our local post office and they themselves confirmed that they were counterfeit. They are both currently under investigation. Not only did this Mr. Martins contact us via Email, bur he also contacted us via Telephone.
    The checks are from CA, the address he uses is from VA but the Zip code on the money orders is from MI.
    The following address which is used in the email is fake as well, here is what I have found out.

Fake:
    Clover Shipping Enterprises
    15250 Woodcrest dr
    Orange, Virginia 22960

U.S.A.

Real:
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/15...12438648_zpid/

Go to the above link and you will see the actual property that is located at that address, it is not a business, see for yourself.

The Clover Shipping Enterprises is at the following link please look for yourself so that you too can understand what is being done here.

http://www.clovershipping.co.uk/

Thank you for your time and if you should have any questions at all please feel free to contact me at MrPederson2010@aol.com
    May God Bless You in Life
    The Pederson's

That is great information. You did the right thing, you went with your gut and then did some investigation. So many people who fall for these scams will tell you that they knew something didn't seem right, but they still move forward hoping for the best.

Here is the most recent attempt at the mail dispatcher scam as of March 30th 2012. From: careers@everardconway.com

Hello,

I have Local Shipping and Dispatcher Position to offer you (A Local Forwarder is an intermediary who acts on behalf of companies or persons, organizing the safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods to the final destinations). I came across your e-mail address through your posting online. I'm Everard Conway, I own a small rising shipping business and I tend to operate a high cost of operation and I want to cut down my expenses by employing shipping, receiving and dispatching agents in each state.

For instance the cost of sending each mail is around $23 by United Parcel Service and if we want to send out 100 mails, that would cost us $2,300 but we have a solution whereby, we will ship the whole 100 mails in one package at the rate of $180 to you in your state and when you get it, you will open it and send the mail individually through USPS which will be between $2 to $3.50 for each and by doing this we would be saving a large amount of money. I need a reliable individual that will be committed and enthusiastic about the job. You will be paid $500 every week and this is a long time position.

You will be provided with funds to pay freight forwarder, you will be provided with funds to pay for USPS to dispatch the mails upfront, you will be provided with up to $3,400.00 to $4,000.00 as a running fund for dispatching the mails, sometimes, it may be packages of goods that you will be receiving and sometimes you may be required to pay for shipping and freight fees out of the funds we will provide to pay another freight forwarder when we need the service of another freight forwarder. The items you will be re-mailing or shipping will include letters, office materials, office equipment’s, home theatre, electronics and some other general consumer goods.

I want to assure you that you will never use your own money for any expenses and you are not require to buy anything to begin the job, the job will only take around 10-15 hours of your time in a week and you can work whatever hours you want. The job is very simple once you have an address where you can accept the goods, you can put those packages in your room or in your garage and if you did not have enough space we can arrange a storage unit. You will have to present an ID either driver's license or any other personal ID to show to the delivery man when packages will be delivered to you and you have to show some sense of sincerity as you will be entrusted with client’s mails, packages and funds to utilize for re-mailing expenses. Can you let me know when you are ready to start and requirements needed for this job, you will need to provide your information as well in order to proceed further.

Full Names:
    Full Address:
    Zip Code:
    Cell Number:
    Present Job:

Reason for taking up this job, and please note, you must be above 18 years of age to be eligible for this job. You are going to be employed as Shipping and Dispatcher and your first weekly wages $500 will be paid by check and the re-mailing funds will be provided constantly which will never finish in order to avoid you spending your own money so when the re-mailing funds are low additional re-mailing funds will be provided, and you are not require to buy anything to begin the job. It is a straight forward job opportunity. Please do let me know how we should proceed so you can get started immediately.

Regards,
    Everard Conway

I have also received the same email. It is easy these days to spot a scam. They normally offer a way to make easy money with doing a very little job.I think you can see that it is a scam.