+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 20

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    793

    Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    I know the "OMG THE IMMIGRANTS ARE GONNA TAKE OVER THE COUNTRY!!1" kerfluffle is over, but now I realize the people who screamed "the beaners are gonna destroy our Christian way of life" seemed to ignore one teensy-weensy detail...
    MEXICO'S POPULATION IS ALMOST ENTIRELY CHRISTIAN!!!

    Unless they used EveryKnee-style No True Scotsmanning to redefine "Christian" as: "Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus, but only if one is fair of skin tone and has no filthy Injun blood. No Catholics, either. Sorry!"
    Last edited by furbearingbrick; 02-09-2009 at 09:15 AM.
    HASTA LA VISTA
    SEE YOU NEXT PROGRAM

  2. #2
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Yeah but, they're not "Real Christians
    HTML Code:
    ®
    "
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  3. #3
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Yeah but, they're not "Real Christians"tm
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    316

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Not necessarily Christian but Catholic. But they still act like assholes.
    Foxbaron.com
    Foxbaron.blogspot.com
    FREE GIFT: 101 Ways Your Business Can Change the World

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    793

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Quote Originally Posted by foxbaron View Post
    Not necessarily Christian but Catholic. But they still act like assholes.
    See what I said about No True Scotsman getting invoked all the time by these ultra-right-wing types? They just looooove redefining "Christian" by all sorts of arbitrary means in order to avoid answering tough questions. Wrong denomination or sect? Not a Christian. Dark skin? Not a Christian. Own three cats? Not a Christian. Eat your toast butter side down instead of butter side up? Not a Christian. And so on and so on...

    OK, then...
    was Jim Jones a Christian?
    Last edited by furbearingbrick; 02-10-2009 at 06:28 AM.
    HASTA LA VISTA
    SEE YOU NEXT PROGRAM

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,286

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    i was just ruminating/reflecting about "realizing"!?i say ruminating because i belched just prior to!?it may really depend on whether it's under our control or not whether it is pleasant/satisfying or NOT!?whether your what's known as an optimist or pessimist may well determine the tone/consequences of your realizations!?not by trying but a "natural" from birth!?: :spin2::judges: hehe!!.....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    480

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Quote Originally Posted by foxbaron View Post
    Not necessarily Christian but Catholic. But they still act like assholes.
    Yep I see your point

  8. #8
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Quote Originally Posted by foxbaron View Post
    Not necessarily Christian but Catholic. But they still act like assholes.
    I thought the Catholics liked assholes... at least the priests do...

    That's sad.... Really sad.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingbrick View Post
    See what I said about No True Scotsman getting invoked all the time by these ultra-right-wing types? They just looooove redefining "Christian" by all sorts of arbitrary means in order to avoid answering tough questions. Wrong denomination or sect? Not a Christian. Dark skin? Not a Christian. Own three cats? Not a Christian. Eat your toast butter side down instead of butter side up? Not a Christian. And so on and so on...

    OK, then...
    was Jim Jones a Christian?
    I was raised in Ukiah, CA. I was in sixth grade when one of my sixth grade teachers told us about her her daughter's death due to Jim Jones . She told us of the horrors of that friggin cult. Things that some would not understand. How those in the day would try to deprogram these people, with no success. I was told how they would just stare off into space. Not hearing or accepting anything those who were trying to help were saying. My teacher lost her daughter to this cult. This worthless sack of shit Jim Jones affected our town that I grew up in He affected it in the worst way. I truly feel nothing but hatred for that SOB. I will never forgive that sack of shit for what he did.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,456

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    I thought the Catholics liked assholes... at least the priests do...

    That's sad.... Really sad.
    Ahahahahahaha!
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    I was raised in Ukiah, CA. I was in sixth grade when one of my sixth grade teachers told us about her her daughter's death due to Jim Jones . She told us of the horrors of that friggin cult. Things that some would not understand. How those in the day would try to deprogram these people, with no success. I was told how they would just stare off into space. Not hearing or accepting anything those who were trying to help were saying. My teacher lost her daughter to this cult. This worthless sack of shit Jim Jones affected our town that I grew up in He affected it in the worst way. I truly feel nothing but hatred for that SOB. I will never forgive that sack of shit for what he did.
    Nor will I.

    I graduated from SouthValley(Ukiah)High in 75'. I moved there in 67.

    I have friends that lost entire families to JJones. I was living in Ukiah when the 'incident' took place too. It was surreal.

    I consider Ukiah my home. I own a house there! Tiny little world, huh, Howdy?!

    Kerry
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Nor will I.

    I graduated from SouthValley(Ukiah)High in 75'. I moved there in 67.

    I have friends that lost entire families to JJones. I was living in Ukiah when the 'incident' took place too. It was surreal.

    I consider Ukiah my home. I own a house there! Tiny little world, huh, Howdy?!

    Kerry
    Small world indeed.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,286

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    i'm still concerned about the process of realization?i could be wrong,but it seems completely out of our control?whatever the realization is,it chooses us rather than us choosing it?man for all practical purposes is an automoton?and from what i have gathered,he likes it that way for the most part:rryumy:?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,286

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Quote Originally Posted by foxbaron View Post
    Not necessarily Christian but Catholic. But they still act like assholes.
    maybe we should thank god it's only ACTING? which means we are FREE to NOT take it SERIOUSLY?.....or...:zx11pissed:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,286

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Yeah but, they're not "Real Christians
    HTML Code:
    ®
    "
    my first question would be......HOW WOULD YOU KNOW? just by the fact THAT YOU do NOT profess christianity? call me stupid? it's really about cult-ture i suspect?and the spanish are RIPE for christian culture both historically and present day? :liefde:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  16. #16
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Wait a minute...I just realized something.

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    my first question would be......HOW WOULD YOU KNOW? just by the fact THAT YOU do NOT profess christianity? call me stupid? it's really about cult-ture i suspect?and the spanish are RIPE for christian culture both historically and present day? :liefde:
    Ok, YOU'RE STUPID. Feel better?

    No, just kidding....you missed the ...."Real Christians (tm)" is a phrase used when one Christian or group of Chrisitians does something reprehensible....The other Christian or group of Christians says, "....Well, they weren't "Real Christians (tm)".

    ("No True Scotsman ..." fallacy.)
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2015, 11:57 PM
  2. ond minute comissions
    By binzer in forum Internet Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 02:10 AM
  3. Wait a Minute??
    By palger in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 05:06 PM
  4. Two Minute Profits
    By taz840571 in forum Internet Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 10:05 PM
  5. 60 Minute Money
    By fairbank007 in forum Internet Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 10:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •