+ Reply to Thread

Charles Ponzi And His Scheme

http://timesonline.typepad.com/times...zi-a.html#more
    Last edited by mumbles; 02-02-2009 at 03:41 PM.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: Charles Ponzi and his scheme

I suppose that people can get away with selling nothing for something all of the time - like the Chinese that have sold a lot of their cheap and ruducoulous merchandise to Americans. I don't know what other country's peoples experience is, in this regard.
    I often think that the CHinese must think we are a bunch of fools and marvel at the superfolous stuff we buy from them.
    No wonder our trade deficit is over a Trillion dollars with them.
    As for Ponzi, and there are many others like him in businesss right now. I just imagine they are laughing their ass off at the fools that humans can be.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    I just imagine they are laughing their ass off at the fools that humans can be.

Laughing all the way to the bank....

...and then turning around and figuring out new ways to dupe folks out of some money through silly investment deals and cash gifting...

Great thread mumbles.

Ponzi was the first & originator.

Here's the wiki-link;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

He had nothing on B. Madoff. But I think they'll end with the same result. At least I'd like to think so. I hope Madoff dies penniless.

The money that was lost will never be re-paid IMO, and who knows where this slimy Madoff guy stashed all his holdings?

Kerry
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

that's what people don't understand about Ponzi schemes:

there isn't any money left. the money from new investors is used to pay the old investors. the old investors are happy and become new investors again and lose their original money plus all the gains. sadly, they involve all of their friends and family, too.

the other reason there isn't any money left to recover is Mr. Ponzi expects to get busted and knows whatever he has will be confiscated. so he lives high while he has the money. caviar on the yacht with politicians, everyday. this also convinces more people to join his investment program.

most people think, a rich guy like that has no reason to steal from me.
    Last edited by mumbles; 02-06-2009 at 07:49 PM.

this all took place during the "w" years!?the sec turned a blind eye to madhoff!?even when the evidence presented was overwhelming!?sounds like insider coverup!?like i said,on "w's"watch!?is everyone so afraid they might be snuffed out when it comes to a certain type investor/entity/company:freak3: :judges::spin2: : heeh!!......just askn....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    that's what people don't understand about Ponzi schemes:

there isn't any money left. the money from new investors is used to pay the old investors. the old investors are happy and become new investors again and lose their original money plus all the gains. sadly, they involve all of their friends and family, too.

the other reason there isn't any money left to recover is Mr. Ponzi expects to get busted and knows whatever he has will be confiscated. so he lives high while he has the money. caviar on the yacht with politicians, everyday. this also convinces more people to join his investment program.

most people think, a rich guy like that has no reason to steal from me.
    I saw B. Madoff on T.V. at a Court appearence, recently. He was wearing a Bullet-Proof Vest. Any body have any clue as to why? Hmmmmmmmm??? :freak3::rotz:
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    this all took place during the "w" years!?the sec turned a blind eye to madhoff!?even when the evidence presented was overwhelming!?sounds like insider coverup!?like i said,on "w's"watch!?is everyone so afraid they might be snuffed out when it comes to a certain type investor/entity/company:freak3: :judges::spin2: : heeh!!......just askn....
    The guy that detected Bernard Madoff's scheme early on and told the S.E.C. people, WHO IGNORED him... He said if you took all of these people to Wrigley Field and seated them in the bleachers, that would be incapable of pointing out the location of First Base on the Ball Diamond.:spin2::freak3::rasta:
    Vasudeva