+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA/Menashe
    Posts
    1,582

    Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Christian

    Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Christianity for years!


    Ark hunter: Today's Christianity packed with paganism
    '1st century believers would have never accepted this'

    ************

    Herbert W. Armstrong, for over 50 years, was a lone voice in the wilderness crying aloud and sparing not about the baptized paganism of TRADITIONAL Christianity.

    Herbert W. Armstrong was a God-send to restore long lost truths; he stood against traditional Christianity's error and taught the plain truth of the Bible; restored our Hebrew roots; warned world leaders about a German-dominated European Union and offered the hope and comfort of Christ's return to save us from its nuclear holocaust; Herbert W. Armstrong died January 16, 1986, full of faith and wisdom, leaving a lasting impression on those who continue the quest for God's Kingdom.

    Today Beyond Babylon fulfills the need to proclaim the gospel of the Kingdom of God while emphasizing a warning to the world; it includes the truth about our Hebrew roots and biblical responsibilities; about God's Sabbath and Holy Days versus Satan's Sunday and pagan holidays like Christmas and Easter; about Israel's demise and Europe's rise -- these are foundational truths.

    Beyond Babylon builds upon that sure foundation by pointing out that it's the sorcerer-pope, the false prophet, who presents Europe's imminent leader as the Savior of "Christian Western Civilization;" he'll perform miracles in his presence urging Europe to remodel themselves after the "Holy Roman Empire" (Rev. 13:14). Together they'll create a counterfeit Kingdom of God.

    Beyond Babylon also explains -- FOR THE FIRST TIME -- why there are two witnesses, what their mission and purpose is, why they're stationed in Jerusalem and how they fulfill the Elijah role.


  2. #2
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    Cult: Worldwide Church of God


    Herbert W. Armstrong rejected the Biblical teaching regarding the origin and purpose of man in order to deify himself in the face of the true God, just as does the Mormon church. If man can be a god, then what authority could God have over him?
    Herbert W. Armstrong lies:
    Who's your Anti-Christ???



    A prophecy about Mussolini:

    "Undoubtedly, then, the "Beast" who will capture half the city of Jerusalem, fighting at Armageddon against Christ at his Second Coming, is MUSSOLINI, with ten European Dictators, and their armies! It is coming in This Generation!"
    Herbert W. Armstrong, The Plain Truth, January 1939, p. 4
    A prophecy about Hitler:

    "And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against - against whom? Not Britain and America! Not Israel - against Him that sat on the horse and His army (Rev. 19:19.) It is Christ and the Angels that Hitler will fight."
    Herbert W. Armstrong, The Plain Truth, March/April 1943, p. 6

    Not too mention, he was also a drunk.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA/Menashe
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    Herbert W. Armstrong Was Ahead of His Time!
    Mr. Armstrong was ahead of his time. The principles of prophecy he spoke of remain absolutely true: a final revival of the unholy Roman Empire is prophesied and the EU is forging ahead with that Frankenstein Monster now.

    The Plain Truth About Herbert W. Armstrong and the Worldwide Church of God
    Herbert W. Armstrong was courageously teaching the plain truth around the world, announcing the good news of the Wonderful World Tomorrow, the Kingdom of God that will soon be established with the return and reign of Christ.


    Was Herbert W. Armstrong Elijah?
    Was Herbert W. Armstrong the prophesied individual to come in the power and spirit of Elijah, as taught by the former Worldwide Church of God and still believed by many of the branches of the Sabbath-keeping Church of God?

    Herbert W. Armstrong and the Worldwide Church of God Mentioned in Israeli Newspaper
    One of the Worldwide Church of God beliefs is that there will be a politico-military mess that will take place by next year. In their opinion, Germany, and maybe even Italy, will attempt to conquer the world. That attempt will ignite a world war that will take two thirds of the world's population, but that afterwards there will begin a true peace for planet Earth. The members of the Worldwide Church of God will be among those that survive and they believe that eventually their beliefs will be accepted by all the Earth.


    Accusations Against Herbert W. Armstrong
    Those who truly are Christians understand that the Christian thing to do, especially in light of the fact that the worst accusations against Herbert W. Armstrong would be thrown out of court, dismissed for lack of evidence, is to give Herbert W. Armstrong the benefit of the doubt, as we would want, knowing we're to love our neighbor as ourselves...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    As a former Armstrongite, I was very familiar with HWA's doctrines. I even spent time at Ambassador College in Pasadena, Ca.

    While the outlying churches were composed of really nice people who only wanted to do God's will, I was shocked at the arrogant behavior of those who served "God's apostle", HWA. My time in the marines was little different in terms of attitude which those in power had toward the "peons" such as me.

    I found myself, after dealing with their administrative heads, saying to myself, "If this is God's kingdom to come, God can keep it".

    I didn't like those, even prayed that such thoughts would not come, yet the more i saw, the more I realized that God would not treat his humble servants in such fashion.

    Yes, HWA, had some great truths, and he helped me to understand the bible in ways I could never have done without his influence, but his church was not "elect". It wasn't even the true church.

    How do I know this? Because Paul himself tells us so. The natural, fleshy, "carnal" mind is enmity against God and cannot be subject to God's laws.

    That means that no physical authority can rule in God's name, because no physical mind can be subject to God's laws.(Romans 8:7).

    Further, in that same chapter, Paul points out that God foreknows and predestines His children, which eliminates any necessity of us making a choice as to which is the true church, since we would be incapable of making such a choice anyway, with carnal minds.

    Paul further points this out in Romans 9:16 and the rest of the chapter.

    The simple fact is, and one which HWA formerly taught but abandoned, is that God is merely choosing future people to be servant/leaders here on this planet. not by human organizational genius, but according to God's choice.

    As you well know from the book of Revelation, those future rulers will serve and learn for a thousand years, after which the rest of the dead will be raised to learn from the teachings of goodness and mercy given to them.

    Romans 6:23 says the wages of sin is death. All people who die, in this life, pay the "wages of sin". Their judgement in this life is done. Their slate is clean once they are raised from the dead.

    God is merely selecting people according to the promise he made to Abraham regarding Isaac.

    Isaac, if you will notice, fulfills the conditions given to God's predestined elect in Romans 8:29-30.

    Isaac was foreknown, called, predestined to be born, and later will be glorified as the one born of promise.

    What God promised Abraham was very simple. God said to Abraham:

    "You will have a son named Isaac. There is nothing whatever you can do to bring this son about. He will be born of your wife, Sarah, who is incapable of having children, which means that Isaac will be born ezxclusively by my power.

    "This son will be born of my promise to you, just as other children will be born, whom I will foreknow and predestine to be born of this same promise. They, like Isaac, will one day become kings and priests on earth to rule in righteousness".

    Think not? Read Galatians 3:29, Galatians 4:28, or the whole chapter, for that matter.

    The fact is, God established a simple plan not dependent on the competition or confusion or ignorance of men. He made a promise to Abraham not dependent in any way on human conduct, and he will carry it through.

    You can't "join" that church. You can't even decide where it is, because your natural mind is enmity against God.

    No man has the authority to rule over you in the name of Christ, and you have no need of following him(Matthew 24:23).

    When Jesus died and was raised, he freed us all from penalty of eternal death, so that we only have to pay the penalty temporarily, and then be raised and taught truth.

    God is not the author of confusion, so he couldn't be the author of over 30,000 human versions of christianity, or the various "churches of God" that have sprung up since HWA died.

    You are free from men. You need not follow any. It is appointed to men once to die, and after that, the judgement.

    If you look through the Old testament, you see that judgement in Israel was dependent on the right against self incrimination, same as our modern 5th amendment rights(Deuteronomy 17:6 and 19:15, Leviticus 19:17-18).

    Death was the ultimate penalty in Israel, and judges could not condemn except with the unbiased truth of two witnesses.

    Therefore, once you die, if you are raised to judgement, you are raised only to a process of teaching and learning. You have no need to fear God's wrath, now or later.

    That is what the book says, basic and simple. All the rest is simply man's confused garbage.

  5. #5
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    The fact that anyone buys into this religious sh!t just proves faithful lack the ability to critically think.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA/Menashe
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    As a former Armstrongite
    If you were a former Armstrongite, then it was your problem. I was a member of the Sabbath-keeping Worldwide Church of God (it's now apostate - having returned to traditional vomit and spiritual Egypt) and was baptized into the Body of Jesus Christ - not into any sect or denomination of men (just like WCG ministers informed folks before baptism). I met and fellowshipped with them but put my trust in God, since men and organizations will always disappoint.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
    If you were a former Armstrongite, then it was your problem. I was a member of the Sabbath-keeping Worldwide Church of God (it's now apostate - having returned to traditional vomit and spiritual Egypt) and was baptized into the Body of Jesus Christ - not into any sect or denomination of men (just like WCG ministers informed folks before baptism). I met and fellowshipped with them but put my trust in God, since men and organizations will always disappoint.
    Interesting that you somehow decide that you were bzaptized into the body of Jesus Christ when we know from Rom 8:29-30 that God decides his own children and knows them from the beginning, eliminating your choice in the matter, as Paul plainly taught in Romans 9:16.

    Any time a person decided that he or she is "born again" or selects any particular religion or belief, thn he or she only contributes to more confusion.

    Since the natural mind is enmity against God, as we see in Romans 8:7, there is no way the natural mind can decide of its own volition what is the "true church".

    You can believe whatever you wish, but proving it,that's not even possible using the bible.

  8. #8
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    H.W.Armstrong was a drunk. He was more of a profit than the homeless person who lives under the bridge. What he started was a cult. Only morons believe his bullshit.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA/Menashe
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    H.W.Armstrong was a drunk.
    Did you used to drunk with him?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA/Menashe
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Interesting that you somehow decide that you were bzaptized into the body of Jesus Christ when we know from Rom 8:29-30 that God decides his own children and knows them from the beginning, eliminating your choice in the matter, as Paul plainly taught in Romans 9:16.

    If you knew the Scriptures, you would know those God chooses, God calls, and those who respond to His call are baptized into the Body of His Son. It's really not that complicated.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA/Menashe
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    Why do all the Sabbath-keeping Church of God groups (as well as the others) refer to the “Apostle Paul” with a capital letter rather than the apostle Paul or Paul the apostle? I’m not trying to be picky but biblical! What’s the difference between the religious title of APOSTLE versus RABBI? We know Yeshua said not to refer to any man as a rabbi, using it as a religious title, didn’t he? Isn’t Yeshua our Apostle and the others are apostles? Ever think about it? Doesn’t the same principle apply when it comes to any religious title?

    Hebrew 3:1
    Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus…

    Matthew 23:6-8
    6 They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, 7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ 8 But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren.

    1 Corinthians 4:7
    For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
    If you knew the Scriptures, you would know those God chooses, God calls, and those who respond to His call are baptized into the Body of His Son. It's really not that complicated.

    I suppose it's not that complicated. Except there are over 30,000 versions of those who claim to have responded to a call, and most of them disagree with you.

    Of course you're going to say that you, by some standard of law that you recognize and nobody else does, are one of those predestined individuals over all those who disagree with you.

    But if that's so, what proof do you offer? What authority do you give that makes you "elect" and all those other wrong?

    Your interpretation of God's word?

    But if the natural mind is enmity against God, how do you know you have God's word right?

    Holy Spirit, maybe? But what of those 30,000 other versions convinced they have the Holy Spirit? They must be wrong, right?

    You understand, of course, that God chooses those whom he predestined because we do not have minds that make us subject to God, and if our minds cannot be subject to God, then we have no way of proving whether or not, by any rational logical method, that we have the Holy Spirit.

    Of course, you have it because you say so, and you have it because you have a special understanding that others cannot have.

    So how do you get them to understand your special truth? If they "receive the call" and follow you, there is every likelihood they will splinter off into some other group, just like HWA's church did. But hey, you'll find others, right?


    You don't seem to grasp that God foreknew these people, whoever they are, from the beginning, and if He did that, whatever works they perform will be works he assigns, not what they imagine to be true(Eph 2:10).

    God just picked you out of a crowd, and you, with a natural mind that is enmity against God, suddenly, by your personal interpretation of scripture, know that you are one of those whom God foreknew and predestined.

    But, since you can't offer any proof of it, I'm going to follow Jesus' advice in Matthew 24:23.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
    Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Christianity for years!


    Ark hunter: Today's Christianity packed with paganism
    '1st century believers would have never accepted this'

    ************

    Herbert W. Armstrong, for over 50 years, was a lone voice in the wilderness crying aloud and sparing not about the baptized paganism of TRADITIONAL Christianity.

    Herbert W. Armstrong was a God-send to restore long lost truths; he stood against traditional Christianity's error and taught the plain truth of the Bible; restored our Hebrew roots; warned world leaders about a German-dominated European Union and offered the hope and comfort of Christ's return to save us from its nuclear holocaust; Herbert W. Armstrong died January 16, 1986, full of faith and wisdom, leaving a lasting impression on those who continue the quest for God's Kingdom.

    Today Beyond Babylon fulfills the need to proclaim the gospel of the Kingdom of God while emphasizing a warning to the world; it includes the truth about our Hebrew roots and biblical responsibilities; about God's Sabbath and Holy Days versus Satan's Sunday and pagan holidays like Christmas and Easter; about Israel's demise and Europe's rise -- these are foundational truths.

    Beyond Babylon builds upon that sure foundation by pointing out that it's the sorcerer-pope, the false prophet, who presents Europe's imminent leader as the Savior of "Christian Western Civilization;" he'll perform miracles in his presence urging Europe to remodel themselves after the "Holy Roman Empire" (Rev. 13:14). Together they'll create a counterfeit Kingdom of God.

    Beyond Babylon also explains -- FOR THE FIRST TIME -- why there are two witnesses, what their mission and purpose is, why they're stationed in Jerusalem and how they fulfill the Elijah role.

    This is a big insult to what I believe. I know about the paganism that was introduced to Christianity. It was mostly adopted by the Catholics. We do not use any kind of idols in our church and no pictures of Jesus or His disciples. Our practices are only according to the scriptures. You sound very prejudiced in your remarks. You may have to answer to God for all of your outlandish judgments. Be careful about what you say about other people. I hope you aren't doing this because you are trying to boost your own ego(?).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: Herbert W. Armstrong exposed TRADITIONAL Chris

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Cult: Worldwide Church of God




    Herbert W. Armstrong lies:
    Who's your Anti-Christ???



    A prophecy about Mussolini:



    A prophecy about Hitler:




    Not too mention, he was also a drunk.
    I thought that Hitler died about 60 years ago.

  15. 06-06-2009, 07:03 AM

    Reason
    seems to be one-liners to display his ad in signature - if you find anything valuable in all of it, you can un-delete.

  16. 06-06-2009, 07:06 AM

    Reason
    seems to be one-liners to display his ad in signature - if you find anything valuable in all of it, you can un-delete.

Similar Threads

  1. Herbert Armstrong and British Israel Truth!
    By David Ben-Ariel in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 08:00 PM
  2. ARNOLD MURRAY Is the New HERBERT ARMSTRONG ! !
    By Kevin Puppos in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 10:12 AM
  3. What is Traditional Thinking?
    By coberst in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 05:50 PM
  4. David Ben- Ariel REPUDIATES Herbert Armstrong ! !
    By Kevin Puppos in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 09:48 PM
  5. The Christian Scam exposed!
    By Gnosisquest in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 07:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •