+ Reply to Thread

Yatch Crew Scam--Do NOT trust

SCAM ALERT- SCAM ALERT- SCAM ALERT-SCAM ALERT

Yesterday, I received the following unsolicited email from a Capt. Johnson Smith with a job offer. This scammer is trolling the crew websites, like The Triton (as indicated below), and trying to lure unsuspecting crewmembers with fake job offers. The following are the emails associated with this scam:

Dear Sir,

My name is Capt. Johnson Smith, 40 Years Old from
    United Kingdom. I
    work with Kay's Yacht Club in
    United Kingdom. I came across your
    profile on and decided to mail to ask if you'll be interested in the
    job.
    Its a private own yacht, and the destination is always from
    EssexLondon to Ireland and Norway.
    The monthly salary will be 3, 200 sterling pound every three weeks,
    accommodation will be provided by the company.

Hope to hear from you soonest

Best Regards
    Capt. Johnson

In the email header I found that IP address 10.140.161.19 is listed as a “private” IP address; kind of like an unlisted phone number. I gave “Capt. Johnson” a rather vague reply, suspecting a scam, and this was his response:

Dear Sir,
    Are you interested or not. I found your profile at Triton website.
    Best Regards
    Capt Johnson Smith

Still suspicious, because of the IP address, I requested information on the vessel, manufacturer, size, name, doc number et al, and a photo of the yacht included with the next email provided was in tropical waters, not UK waters:

Thank you once more for your mail and your interest in working with
    us .I have attached photo of the yacht we are operating on. The home
    port is at
    London and the destination is always from Essex London to
    Ireland Belgium and
    Norway. And lastly accommodation will be provided
    to you both on board and when you are not on board.
    If you are not in
    United Kingdom you will require a valid UK visa
    including a working permit to enable you work with us.
    You can contact the traveling agency to help you with the process of
    the
    UK visa and working permit.
    Here is the link to the traveling agent
    (agencypassportconsultant@consultant.com). Contact them and let them
    know that you've been offer a job with Kay's Yacht located at
    Essex
    London United to come and work.

Should in case you need any other thing please do not hesitate to ask

Hope to hear from you again

Best Regards
    Capt Johnson Smith

Wanting to further my investigation, I forwarded Capt. Johnson’s email to the “passport agency” and received the following:

Dear Sir,
    We wish to thank you for your mail, you information are acknowledge and recorded. To have your complete document including your work permit and tax clearance and all other requirement to travel to
    United Kingdom.
    Its indicated in your email that you have been offer a job with kays yacht club who ask you to contact us. We shall have its processed and send it to you via Courier Delivery Service to the
    UK embassy in your country.
    They will contact you immediately for a brief interview.

We need some more details from you for us to process your visa,work permit and tax clearance. The details needed are as follows:

1. Full Name:

2. Full Address:

3. Valid Passport with at least sex (6) months validity

4. Two (2) recent passport photo , size 2x2

5. Country of Birth:

6. Telephone number:

Thanks for your anticipated patronage and co-operation.
    P.R. O PASSPORT AGENCY & CO OFFICE
    Plumstead
    England Se18 1ad

E-mail: agencypassportconsultant@consultant.com

The IP address for the passport agency is 41.219.192.58 which is registered to a “dial-pool” in LagosNigeria. I also ran the email address thru the www.fraudwatchers.org website which further confirmed my suspicions.

I asked the passport agency for a physical address to send the requested information and their reply was:

Dear Sir,
    We are in receipt of your mail dated
    Friday, 14 Nov 2008. We want to inform you that sending of your passport and other information by courier service involve risk, and please note that the company is not responsible for any lost documents.
    We advise you scan your passport data page, passport photo and send it by e-mail attachment.
    Once we recieved your document and the total amount of
    £ 850.00 for the process of your Uk visa and working permit. This money involve the processing of your document including the flight ticket and all other related document as well.
    You will have to apply for a single entry
    UK visa, since this is your first time of traveling to United Kingdom.

All Documents will be processed and arranged here in our Office after which will be forwarded to the British Embassy along with your Flight Ticket. Also, some Copies of this Document(s) will be sent to you...

You can make payment to us by western union money transfer or international money gram so as to speed up the process of delivery . Contact the nearest western union location and make payment to the information below:

Name of Receiver: Harrison David
    Adress of Receiver: 68 Lombard StreetLondon, EC3V 9LJUnited Kingdom,

Total Payment........................ .................... £ 850.00 Pounds

Upon receipt of the above,modalities to process your traveling document will commence immediately.We want you to note that processing of your traveling document will only take three(3) working days and the delivery of it will take just one day(Express Delivery).

Once again,congratulations and please do comply in due time to enable us expedite action.

Thanking you for your anticipated co-operation as we hope to hear from you soonest.

Yours Faithfully

How can you determine if a job offer is legitimate?

• First, look for misspellings and bad grammar in the body of their email.
    • If a passport agency or recruitment agency has a yahoo, googlemail, consult.com (in this instance) and not a dedicated mail server, it is most likely a scam.
    • In the header of the email, look for Replied From for the IP address. You can go to http://www.ip2location.com/demo.aspx. Cut and paste the IP address into the search window and the location of the IP address will be exposed. Note: this is the FREE service.
    • Do not scan and email your passport, personal data or passport photos. Demand a physical address with offer of FedEx the requested information. Most likely, they will request you to scam and email your data. And if a physical address is proffered, match it to the IP location to insure it is a match.
    • Never EVER send money to an agency. If a company asks for “processing fees, document fees;” it is a scam. These scam artists like to use Western Union, which is a tip-off.
    • When on a public forum, NEVER publish your email address.
    • If there is a request to click on a link, first, run your cursor over the link. A small window will show the actual link. In a scam, the address in the link does not match the link in the body of the email; another sign of scam. Opening such a link may infect your computer with a virus, spybot or Trojan horse.

The proliferation of identity and monetary theft is very real on the internet. And our community is not immune. Be cautious when replying to job offers.

Capt. John Wampler – Fort Lauderdale

I recieved this today.looks remarkably similar .Such a strange co-incidence....NOT !!

Donna (mail: donnasouth02@hotmail.com ) :

Dear Sir,

My name is Capt. Donna Williams, 40 Years Old from United State. I work with Kay's Yacht Club in United State. I came across your profile on and decided to mail to ask if you'll be interested in the job. Its a private own yacht, and the destination is always from SE Gainesville to Ireland and Norway. The monthly salary will be $3, 200 every three weeks, accommodation will be provided by the company.

Best Regards
    Capt. Donna

I received the same tonight, it looked strange..then I googled " Kay's Yacht Club" ...and I found a post about a scam...
    http://www.ecademy.com/module.php?mod=club&op=forum&c=120&t=955949
    Thank you for everyone for the Heads up..

Me again.. Kiwi Deckhand..
    The day before I recieved the email from Capt Jack Bello I recieved an email from a Mr Morris Winter saying they are recruiting candidates for shipboard jobs, In addition to 50-75 initial hires from the Puget area/carribean, They were seeking applicants to work on the new year-round UNITED KINGDOM flaged Passenger ship.

It then went on to say if you intend to work with our Company in any POSITION, please contact me via email below Mr Morris Winter immediately with your personal details.
    I replied to him and recieved an email from Capt Jack Bello and now Im thinking these emails are working in tandem? Did anyone else get an email from Mr Winter. He did list a physical address and a London phone number but the number is always engaged

It´s seems to be a neverending story, but I have to report another SCAM ALERT.
    Yesterday I got an email from capt. Terry Smith. He offered me a job on the yacht Princes Mariana in the UK. I responded friendly and asked for a postadress, name of the owner/compant, location of the port etc. I got an answer back, that he was pleased that THE BOTH of us (.....) accepted the job and he wanted that WE (....) made contact with the company´s travel agency to proces the visa/workingpermit. He gave their mailadress travelagency12008@live.com. He also gave his telephone number 0044-7035956892. This tel nmbr is not reachable. And he didn´t answer on the questions I asked him.
    After the scams I reported earlier on this topic, I have to conclude that this one is again a scam. The emails I get with the job offers are simular, only they seem to change the names of the captains.
    These criminals use the information they find on the crew profiles, in my case is obvious. They got info from my profiles on the crewfile site with crew profiles.

So everybody who´s also looking for work like me, BE VERY CAREFULL WITH JOBOFFERS. CHECK EVERYTHING.

ONE MORE SCAMMMMMM
    Dear
    Thanks for your mail and your kind response. I was glancing through your resume. I have also submitted your resume to my boss. after careful study of your C.V, My Boss was very happy with your skill of specialization. So therefore we feel you are more than capable of not only working with us we need a responsible person that have good influencing and good attitude. We have a total of 13 Yacht, 7 new ones. This is the reason why we are seeking for more crew members. You should tell me where you're fit in. We still have vacancy for assistant captain, engineer, and chef babysitting and so on. I believe you are the right person for the job and i want to assure you that you will not regret working with us, we shall treat you as one of our family.How ever for you we have decided to appoint you to take the post of Customer Service.

You know U.K is a very large country where everyone will like to visit. There is so much for you to achieve here when you work with us. you will meet different faces of people and difference race of life. You should be interested in working with us, because we are a private own yacht, the salary range starting from 1.500 sterling pound depending on your field of specialization .You should be responsible, able to maintain a consistent schedule with my crew, have a loving attitude and patience, along with high energy. You should be a self-starter with a sense of humor and maturity. You need to be tolerant and understanding. Above all, you need to have a true interest in the job you are employ to do full time.
    ENTITLEMENT, BENEFITS AND PACKAGES; A very attractive salary paid in GBP ,US $,Sterling or Euros equivalent depending on employee home country and currency preference with annual salary review. Quality private bedroom with cable, internet, laptop, and DVD/VCR, Free medical/dental care for all our crew .Maximum security on board. It's important that you are happy and comfortable while working with us. Do you have the necessary papers needed for you to travel to U.K. if not i will recommend you to travel consultant that will assist you to get the necessary document because without the document ...they would not allow you to enter U.K. They assist my company in processing visas for staffs, work permit, tax clearance and all related documents to their foreign employers. Kindly contact and let them know that you've been offered a job from CTG Group London, explain to them all you need for traveling to U.K.
    Below is the information of my Travel Consultant:
    Contact Person : Mr Jonathan Mark
    Contact email: Travelagency12008@live.com
    Now that you have been appointed to work with us..You have to act fast to obtain the post that has been assign for you..Knowing too well that we have so many crew looking for this position.but i want to let you know that since you are the first person to grab hold of it .. We are going to secure the post till when you arrive. The contract is for 3years and the tour of duty from Essex London to Ireland Belgium and Norway.
    Note your monthly salary is 3,200 Sterling Pounds and If you are able to perform your task very well, we can talk on promoting you.

Best Regards
    Capt Terry Smith
    CTG Group London
    201-203 Regent Street
    London W1R 7DD
    United Kingdom

hı everyone,
    this is one of them.....do not trust...fake...
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Capt Nolan (mail: nolansmith111@hotmail.com ) :

Hello,
    How are you doing, My name is Capt Nolan Smith, I work with Bridlington
    Yatch club in the United Kingdom. We need yatch crews so
    I was going through profiles on (www.jobsonluxuryyachts.com) and i came across
    your profile and i decided to contact you..
    i will want to know if you are interested in the job offer..
    Kindly get back to me if you are interested
    I await your urgent response
    Kind Regards
    Capt Norlan[/FONT]

Re: Yatch Crew Scam--Do NOT trust

Quote Originally Posted by voynich View Post
    SCAM ALERT- SCAM ALERT- SCAM ALERT-SCAM ALERT

Yesterday, I received the following unsolicited email from a Capt. Johnson Smith with a job offer. This scammer is trolling the crew websites, like The Triton (as indicated below), and trying to lure unsuspecting crewmembers with fake job offers. The following are the emails associated with this scam:

Dear Sir,

My name is Capt. Johnson Smith, 40 Years Old from United Kingdom. I
    work with Kay's Yacht Club in United Kingdom. I came across your
    profile on and decided to mail to ask if you'll be interested in the
    job.
    Its a private own yacht, and the destination is always from EssexLondon to Ireland and Norway.
    The monthly salary will be 3, 200 sterling pound every three weeks,
    accommodation will be provided by the company.

Best Regards
    Capt. Johnson

In the email header I found that IP address 10.140.161.19 is listed as a “private” IP address; kind of like an unlisted phone number. I gave “Capt. Johnson” a rather vague reply, suspecting a scam, and this was his response:

Dear Sir,
    Are you interested or not. I found your profile at Triton website.
    Best Regards
    Capt Johnson Smith

Still suspicious, because of the IP address, I requested information on the vessel, manufacturer, size, name, doc number et al, and a photo of the yacht included with the next email provided was in tropical waters, not UK waters:

Thank you once more for your mail and your interest in working with
    us .I have attached photo of the yacht we are operating on. The home
    port is at London and the destination is always from Essex London to
    Ireland Belgium and Norway. And lastly accommodation will be provided
    to you both on board and when you are not on board.
    If you are not in United Kingdom you will require a valid UK visa
    including a working permit to enable you work with us.
    You can contact the traveling agency to help you with the process of
    the UK visa and working permit.
    Here is the link to the traveling agent
    (agencypassportconsultant@consultant.com). Contact them and let them
    know that you've been offer a job with Kay's Yacht located at Essex
    London United to come and work.

Should in case you need any other thing please do not hesitate to ask

Hope to hear from you again

Best Regards
    Capt Johnson Smith

Wanting to further my investigation, I forwarded Capt. Johnson’s email to the “passport agency” and received the following:

Dear Sir,
    We wish to thank you for your mail, you information are acknowledge and recorded. To have your complete document including your work permit and tax clearance and all other requirement to travel to United Kingdom.
    Its indicated in your email that you have been offer a job with kays yacht club who ask you to contact us. We shall have its processed and send it to you via Courier Delivery Service to the UK embassy in your country.
    They will contact you immediately for a brief interview.

We need some more details from you for us to process your visa,work permit and tax clearance. The details needed are as follows:

1. Full Name:

2. Full Address:

3. Valid Passport with at least sex (6) months validity

4. Two (2) recent passport photo , size 2x2

5. Country of Birth:

6. Telephone number:

Thanks for your anticipated patronage and co-operation.
    P.R. O PASSPORT AGENCY & CO OFFICE
    Plumstead England Se18 1ad

E-mail: agencypassportconsultant@consultant.com

The IP address for the passport agency is 41.219.192.58 which is registered to a “dial-pool” in LagosNigeria. I also ran the email address thru the www.fraudwatchers.org website which further confirmed my suspicions.

I asked the passport agency for a physical address to send the requested information and their reply was:

Dear Sir,
    We are in receipt of your mail dated Friday, 14 Nov 2008. We want to inform you that sending of your passport and other information by courier service involve risk, and please note that the company is not responsible for any lost documents.
    We advise you scan your passport data page, passport photo and send it by e-mail attachment.
    Once we recieved your document and the total amount of £ 850.00 for the process of your Uk visa and working permit. This money involve the processing of your document including the flight ticket and all other related document as well.
    You will have to apply for a single entry UK visa, since this is your first time of traveling to United Kingdom.

All Documents will be processed and arranged here in our Office after which will be forwarded to the British Embassy along with your Flight Ticket. Also, some Copies of this Document(s) will be sent to you...

You can make payment to us by western union money transfer or international money gram so as to speed up the process of delivery . Contact the nearest western union location and make payment to the information below:

Name of Receiver: Harrison David
    Adress of Receiver: 68 Lombard StreetLondon, EC3V 9LJUnited Kingdom,

Total Payment........................ .................... £ 850.00 Pounds

Upon receipt of the above,modalities to process your traveling document will commence immediately.We want you to note that processing of your traveling document will only take three(3) working days and the delivery of it will take just one day(Express Delivery).

Once again,congratulations and please do comply in due time to enable us expedite action.

Thanking you for your anticipated co-operation as we hope to hear from you soonest.

Yours Faithfully

How can you determine if a job offer is legitimate?

• First, look for misspellings and bad grammar in the body of their email.
    • If a passport agency or recruitment agency has a yahoo, googlemail, consult.com (in this instance) and not a dedicated mail server, it is most likely a scam.
    • In the header of the email, look for Replied From for the IP address. You can go to http://www.ip2location.com/demo.aspx. Cut and paste the IP address into the search window and the location of the IP address will be exposed. Note: this is the FREE service.
    • Do not scan and email your passport, personal data or passport photos. Demand a physical address with offer of FedEx the requested information. Most likely, they will request you to scam and email your data. And if a physical address is proffered, match it to the IP location to insure it is a match.
    • Never EVER send money to an agency. If a company asks for “processing fees, document fees;” it is a scam. These scam artists like to use Western Union, which is a tip-off.
    • When on a public forum, NEVER publish your email address.
    • If there is a request to click on a link, first, run your cursor over the link. A small window will show the actual link. In a scam, the address in the link does not match the link in the body of the email; another sign of scam. Opening such a link may infect your computer with a virus, spybot or Trojan horse.

The proliferation of identity and monetary theft is very real on the internet. And our community is not immune. Be cautious when replying to job offers.

Capt. John Wampler – Fort Lauderdale

I recieved this today.looks remarkably similar .Such a strange co-incidence....NOT !!

Donna (mail: donnasouth02@hotmail.com ) :

Dear Sir,

My name is Capt. Donna Williams, 40 Years Old from United State. I work with Kay's Yacht Club in United State. I came across your profile on and decided to mail to ask if you'll be interested in the job. Its a private own yacht, and the destination is always from SE Gainesville to Ireland and Norway. The monthly salary will be $3, 200 every three weeks, accommodation will be provided by the company.

Best Regards
    Capt. Donna

I received the same tonight, it looked strange..then I googled " Kay's Yacht Club" ...and I found a post about a scam...
    http://www.ecademy.com/module.php?mod=club&op=forum&c=120&t=955949
    Thank you for everyone for the Heads up..

Me again.. Kiwi Deckhand..
    The day before I recieved the email from Capt Jack Bello I recieved an email from a Mr Morris Winter saying they are recruiting candidates for shipboard jobs, In addition to 50-75 initial hires from the Puget area/carribean, They were seeking applicants to work on the new year-round UNITED KINGDOM flaged Passenger ship.

It then went on to say if you intend to work with our Company in any POSITION, please contact me via email below Mr Morris Winter immediately with your personal details.
    I replied to him and recieved an email from Capt Jack Bello and now Im thinking these emails are working in tandem? Did anyone else get an email from Mr Winter. He did list a physical address and a London phone number but the number is always engaged

It´s seems to be a neverending story, but I have to report another SCAM ALERT.
    Yesterday I got an email from capt. Terry Smith. He offered me a job on the yacht Princes Mariana in the UK. I responded friendly and asked for a postadress, name of the owner/compant, location of the port etc. I got an answer back, that he was pleased that THE BOTH of us (.....) accepted the job and he wanted that WE (....) made contact with the company´s travel agency to proces the visa/workingpermit. He gave their mailadress travelagency12008@live.com. He also gave his telephone number 0044-7035956892. This tel nmbr is not reachable. And he didn´t answer on the questions I asked him.
    After the scams I reported earlier on this topic, I have to conclude that this one is again a scam. The emails I get with the job offers are simular, only they seem to change the names of the captains.
    These criminals use the information they find on the crew profiles, in my case is obvious. They got info from my profiles on the crewfile site with crew profiles.

So everybody who´s also looking for work like me, BE VERY CAREFULL WITH JOBOFFERS. CHECK EVERYTHING.

ONE MORE SCAMMMMMM
    Dear
    Thanks for your mail and your kind response. I was glancing through your resume. I have also submitted your resume to my boss. after careful study of your C.V, My Boss was very happy with your skill of specialization. So therefore we feel you are more than capable of not only working with us we need a responsible person that have good influencing and good attitude. We have a total of 13 Yacht, 7 new ones. This is the reason why we are seeking for more crew members. You should tell me where you're fit in. We still have vacancy for assistant captain, engineer, and chef babysitting and so on. I believe you are the right person for the job and i want to assure you that you will not regret working with us, we shall treat you as one of our family.How ever for you we have decided to appoint you to take the post of Customer Service.

You know U.K is a very large country where everyone will like to visit. There is so much for you to achieve here when you work with us. you will meet different faces of people and difference race of life. You should be interested in working with us, because we are a private own yacht, the salary range starting from 1.500 sterling pound depending on your field of specialization .You should be responsible, able to maintain a consistent schedule with my crew, have a loving attitude and patience, along with high energy. You should be a self-starter with a sense of humor and maturity. You need to be tolerant and understanding. Above all, you need to have a true interest in the job you are employ to do full time.
    ENTITLEMENT, BENEFITS AND PACKAGES; A very attractive salary paid in GBP ,US $,Sterling or Euros equivalent depending on employee home country and currency preference with annual salary review. Quality private bedroom with cable, internet, laptop, and DVD/VCR, Free medical/dental care for all our crew .Maximum security on board. It's important that you are happy and comfortable while working with us. Do you have the necessary papers needed for you to travel to U.K. if not i will recommend you to travel consultant that will assist you to get the necessary document because without the document ...they would not allow you to enter U.K. They assist my company in processing visas for staffs, work permit, tax clearance and all related documents to their foreign employers. Kindly contact and let them know that you've been offered a job from CTG Group London, explain to them all you need for traveling to U.K.
    Contact Person : Mr Jonathan Mark
    Contact email: Travelagency12008@live.com
    Now that you have been appointed to work with us..You have to act fast to obtain the post that has been assign for you..Knowing too well that we have so many crew looking for this position.but i want to let you know that since you are the first person to grab hold of it .. We are going to secure the post till when you arrive. The contract is for 3years and the tour of duty from Essex London to Ireland Belgium and Norway.
    Note your monthly salary is 3,200 Sterling Pounds and If you are able to perform your task very well, we can talk on promoting you.

Best Regards
    Capt Terry Smith
    CTG Group London
    201-203 Regent Street
    London W1R 7DD
    United Kingdom

hı everyone,
    this is one of them.....do not trust...fake...
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Capt Nolan (mail: nolansmith111@hotmail.com ) :[/font]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Hello,[/font]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] How are you doing, My name is Capt Nolan Smith, I work with Bridlington[/font]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Yatch club in the United Kingdom. We need yatch crews so[/font]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']I was going through profiles on (www.jobsonluxuryyachts.com) and i came across[/font]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']your profile and i decided to contact you..[/font]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']i will want to know if you are interested in the job offer..[/font]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Kindly get back to me if you are interested[/font]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']I await your urgent response[/font]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Kind Regards[/font]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Capt Norlan[/font]

HELLO!
    I HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE:
    DO NOT TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    Terry (mail: Terrysmith_me101@yahoo.com ) :
    Dear ,
    We are in receipt of your mail and can your C.V . Can you tell us your field of specialization. and let us know the country you are. We have various vacant post available ..so let us know what you can do. Hope to hear from you as soon as you read this mail. Capt. Terry Smith.+447035956892

Scott Bright (mail: scott.bbright@rocketmail.com ) :
    Dear Worker
    I am Capt. Scott Bright from United Kingdom, i recently work with PRINCESS LUCIA-Luxury Motor Yacht here in United Kingdom.We are seeking applicants to work on the new year-round UNITED KINGDOM flagged Passenger ship. Its a private own yacht,The monthly salary will be 3,500 sterling pound every three weeks, accommodation will be provided by the company. e-mail me and get back to me with a copy of your C.V if interested Hope to hear from you soonest.
    N.B :- all response should be sent to {scott.bbright@rocketmail.com}
    Best Regards
    Scott Bright

Nolan Smith (mail: nolansmith111@hotmail.com ) :
    Hello,
    How are you doing, My name is Capt Nolan Smith, I work with Bridlington Yatch club in the United Kingdom. We need yatch crews so
    I was going through profiles on (www.jobsonluxuryyachts.com) and i came across your profile and i decided to contact you..
    i will want to know if you are interested in the job offer..
    Kindly get back to me if you are interested
    I await your urgent response
    Kind Regards
    Capt Nolan

Capt. Henry Walter (mail: henry.walter66@yahoo.co.uk ) :
    Hello,I am Capt. Henry Walter, 50 Years Old from (England) United Kingdom. I work with Princess Diana - Luxury Motor Yacht in United Kingdom.We are seeking applicants to work on the new year-round UNITED KINGDOM flagged Passenger ship. Its a private own yacht,The monthly salary will be 2,500 Pounds sterling every month, Accommodation will be provided by the Company.I will like to know if you are interested in working on the ship.I will be waiting to hear from you soonest
    Capt. Henry Walter

Shipping Company Needs Your Service ... (mail: Mediterranean.Shipping@live.com ) :
    Welcome to Mediterranean Shipping Company (U.K.) Ltd., From the table of human resources we wish to inform you about a vacant jobs in our Shipping company which requires an urgent applicant to fill the place, because we are into the following Job so which even you feel you can do kindly apply within, Sailing yacht Motor yacht, Cruise line Cargo ship Charter boat.
    We need the following position as for immediate employment into the company,
    Captain/Skipper,
    Bosun
    Steward
    Croupier
    Contractor
    Deck Hand
    Chef/Cook
    Hostess
    Engineer
    You are to choose the position you feel you can fit in and send to us with your full details as below.
    Full Name:
    Present Job:
    Sex;
    Tel:
    The Board has decided that the minimum salary of every worker is 4000 pounds per month and other entitlement upon your hard work and how long you are on duties on the on shore. our to start work by first week of march .
    SEND YOUR REPLY TO Mediterranean.Shipping@live.com
    Human Resources Mediterranean Shipping Company (U.K.) Ltd.
    HRH.
    DO NOT TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting. Got mine from Capt Joe Martin yesterday and today. Here are the messages...

Almost too good to be true!!! :spin2:

From: webmaster @matesahoy.com (webmaster @matesahoy.com)
    Sent: Mon 2/16/09 12:34 PM
    To:
    Subject: A message from joe martins via matesahoy.com

Hello Crew, My name is Capt. Joe Martins from United Kingdom. I work with Amble Boat Company,the Boatyard Croquet Street,Amble,NE65 0DJ Northumberland London in United Kingdom. I came across your profile on and decided to mail to ask if you\'ll be interested in the job.Its a private own yacht, and the destination is always from Northumberland London to France,Ireland and Norway. and the accommodation will be provided by the company.Hope to hear from you soonest Best Regards Capt. Joe Here is my E-mail:joemartins1@hotmail.com.

This is an email from matesahoy.com sent on behalf of joe martins. Matesahoy.com is not responsible for the content of this email.

Sent: Tue 2/17/09 7:51 PM
    To:
    Subject: Waiting to read from you soon!?

Dear Andrew,
    Thanks for your mail and your kind response.My Boss was very happy with your skill of specialization. So therefore we feel you are more than capable of not only working with us we need a responsible person that have good influencing and good attitude. We have a total of 13 Yacht, 7 new ones. This is the reason why we are seeking for more crew members. You should tell me where you're fit in. We still have vacancy for assistant captain, engineer, and chef babysitting and so on. I believe you are the right person for the job and i want to assure you that you will not regret working with us, we shall treat you as one of our family.How ever for you we have decided to appoint you to take the post of Administration Seaman.You know U.K is a very large country where everyone will like to visit. There is so much for you to achieve here when you work with us. you will meet different faces of people and difference race of life.You should be interested in working with us, because we are a private own yacht, the salary range starting from 2,000 sterling pound depending on your field of specialization .You should be responsible, able to maintain a consistent schedule with my crew, have a loving attitude and patience, along with high energy. You should be a self-starter with a sense of humor and maturity. You need to be tolerant and understanding. Above all, you need to have a true interest in the job you are employ to do full time.
    ENTITLEMENT, BENEFITS AND PACKAGES; A very attractive salary paid in GBP,US $,Sterling or Euros equivalent depending on employee home country and
    currency preference with annual salary review. Quality private bedroom with
    cable, internet, laptop, and DVD/VCR, Free medical/dental care for all our crew .Maximum security on board. It's important that you are happy and comfortable
    while working with us. Do you have the necessary papers needed for you to travel
    to U.K, if not i will recommend you to travel consultant that will assist you to get
    the necessary document because without the document .They would not allow
    you to enter U.K. They assist my company in processing visas for staffs, work
    permit, tax clearance,flight ticket and all other backing documents to their foreign employers. Kindly contact and let them know that you've been offered a job from CTG Group London, explain to them all you need for traveling to U.K.
    Contact Person : Terry Collins
    Contact email: Travel.visa@consultant.com
    Now that you both have been appointed to work with us..you have been giving
    from now till end of this month to make preparation to arrive here and resume
    duty first week of next month.
    Note your monthly salary is 2,500 Sterling Pounds and you are to resume work.first week of March.
    Best Regards
    Capt Joe Martins

Got one as well! I work in the entertainment business and thought it was strange that a yacht would have a position for my skill set.

Here's the email:

Dear Crew,

I am Capt. Scott Bright from United Kingdom, I am recently working with PRINCESS LUCIA-Luxury Motor Yacht here in United Kingdom.We are seeking applicants to work on the new year-round UNITED KINGDOM flagged Passenger ship. Its a private own yacht, The monthly salary will be 3,500 sterling pound every three weeks, accommodation will be provided by the company. e-mail me and get back to me with a copy of your C.V/ Resume if interested Hope to hear from you soonest.

Best Regards,
    Capt Scott Bright
    PRINCESS LUCIA-Luxury Motor Yacht
    201-203 Regent Street
    London W1R 7DD
    United Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by vichica View Post
    Got one as well! I work in the entertainment business and thought it was strange that a yacht would have a position for my skill set.

Here's the email:

Dear Crew,

I am Capt. Scott Bright from United Kingdom, I am recently working with PRINCESS LUCIA-Luxury Motor Yacht here in United Kingdom.We are seeking applicants to work on the new year-round UNITED KINGDOM flagged Passenger ship. Its a private own yacht, The monthly salary will be 3,500 sterling pound every three weeks, accommodation will be provided by the company. e-mail me and get back to me with a copy of your C.V/ Resume if interested Hope to hear from you soonest.

Best Regards,
    Capt Scott Bright
    PRINCESS LUCIA-Luxury Motor Yacht
    201-203 Regent Street
    London W1R 7DD
    United Kingdom.
    I got the same email but i was actually looking for sailing work but thought i would check the info out and ask him for more. thanks to the ppl on this site.
    i also recieved an email from Robert Barbar who is also not to be trusted this is the email:

Good Day,
    My name is Capt.Robert Barber, 37 Years Old from United Kingdom.I work with MUSHASHA MARIANA - Luxury Motor Yacht in United Kingdom.We are seeking applicants to work on the new year-round UNITED KINGDOM flagged Passenger ship. Its a private own yacht,accommodation will be provided by the company.Show interest by sending a resume
    And know that,there are several position needed and you can choose from the list below:
    You need to contact me back as soon as possible once you have choosen a position you will most like to work as below.

CAPTAIN (experienced)- £5,200.00

1st MATE/ 1st OFFICER- £3,800.00
    2nd OFFICER- £3,400.00
    BOSUN (Yachtmaster)- £3,200.00

HOSTESS- £3,550.00

DECKHAND w/ Experience- £2,900.00
    JUNIOR DECKHAND- £2,200.00
    CREW CHEF- £3,700.00
    CHIEF STEWARDESS- £3,300.00

Get back to me as soon as possible.Reach me on the phone number below

Yours faithfully,
    Capt.R. Barber
    +(44) 702 409 6723
    Last edited by sprinky; 03-29-2009 at 09:26 PM.

http://www.donpedroshipping.co.uk/su...ent-scams.html

is Carl Smith trust worthy?

i hav my doubts as i hav done some research but was wondering if anyone has received emails from this guy.

also does anyone know how these ppl can be stopped?
    i am very interested in stopping these idiots as i hav received a few emails now.

Hello Crew,
    My name is Capt.Smith Carl,from United Kingdom. I work with Amble Boat Company,The Boatyard Croquet Street,Amble,NE65 0DJNorthumberland in United Kingdom. I came across your profile on and decided to mail to ask if you'll be interested in the job.Its a private own yacht, andthe destination is always from Northumberland to France,Ireland and Norway. and theaccommodation will be provided by the company.Hope to hear from you soonest

Best Regards
    Capt..Carl

I just got a very similar email, it seemed a little to good to be true but i googled the boat name anyway and found this site.

Thanks for posting i have now deleted the email.

Crews Needed {PRINCESS LUCIA-Luxury Motor Yacht}‏
    You may not know this sender.
    Sent:12 April 2009 10:04:48
    To:

Dear Worker

I am Capt. David Woodruff from United Kingdom, i recently working with PRINCESS LUCIA-Luxury Motor Yacht here in United Kingdom. We are seeking applicants to work on the new year-round UNITED KINGDOM flagged Passenger ship. Its a private own yacht, The monthly salary will be 3,500 sterling pound every three weeks, accommodation will be provided by the company. e-mail me and get back to me with a copy of your C.V if interested

Hope to hear from you soonest.

Best Regards
    David Woodruff

Quote Originally Posted by voynich View Post
    I got an answer back, that he was pleased that THE BOTH of us (.....) accepted the job and he wanted that WE (....) made contact with the company´s travel agency to proces the visa/workingpermit. He gave their mailadress travelagency12008@live.com. He also gave his telephone number 0044-7035956892. This tel nmbr is not reachable. And he didn´t answer on the questions I asked him.
    44-70 is a mobile redirect and usually points to Nigeria.

44-70 is a mobile redirect and usually points to Nigeria
    Actually it is a United Kingdom redirect cell phone that can be answered anywhere in the world, as are any cell numbers that start with +44-7 something.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Dear Scammer Ben Wong, Wong Ben email: cnbenwong@gmail.com
    all peoples are good to open the mouth and to blow air outside!
    but i think that everyone of 1bit piece of intelligence can dubitate of all those diffamations that you are publishing all over the free web forum sites, and i will explain why:
    first of all, if MCC was a dishonest company, and if MCC has defraudated of 1 only cent 1 company in the world, as MCC was registered in Switzerland and not in Nigeria, the Legal Representative (i.e. myself, Dr. Ing. Luigi Forino), must be persecuted by law and putted into the jail; the bank accounts all frozen; and the Web site oscurated!
    but everyone can see that; instead of all your fake diffamations:
    MCC website - work so fine
    Dr. Ing. Luigi Forino, the President/CEO and Legal Representative of all the holding MCC group of companies, is a free man, all the day go in office at 8,15am and back home at 7,pm;
    No policeman are asking for me, for my company, for 1 of my employers
    No denuce exist against MCC into the Police Departments, Interpol, FBI, or via a simply Lawyers company/advocate
    No bank was frozen
    No Newspapers talk in BAD about MCC or Dr. Ing. Luigi Forino ( newspapers are not forum!!-- Forum is a free zone where also a children or a crazy stupid man can put whatever he want without the control of nobody over everykind of peoples in the world! i can open a forum against the POPE and also against OBAMA if i want, and the POPE and OBAMA will read gratis diffamations over the internet! be aware of this )
    so ,, at the end what for REAL have a sense are the EVIDENCE!
    now,, dear my IDIOT,
    what kind of evidence do you have in your hands? what kind of evidence you can show to the world? = nothing!
    you told that a company named CCN in Hong Kong, was defraudated by us per USD$60k,, ok, let me SEE the Bank Proof that is and EVIDENCE
    where i can READ that CCN have WIRED for TRUE those money to a Bank, where the beneficiary is MCC.
    Let me see this paper and i will GIFT you 600 K USD$ immediately!

So,, quiet my darling IDIOT of Ben Wong or Benny Hills as you are named, i don't know you and MCC don't need to spend 1 more minuts
    around your crazy publications!

www.mccconsulting.ch
    www.mccpetroli.com

this is an evidence! you are NOTHING.

You can call me also via SKYPE network :: add our business account “mccgeneva” or Blackberry PIN 21AB2DBB

ARAMCO REG.NO.: 4407144384345
    MCC PETROLI S.A. :: http:://www.mccconsuling.ch/petroli -- http://www.mccpetroli.com
    REFINERY NO,: 2102604821942 - ARAMCO CUSTOMER NO.: 4482976819103
    United Nation Marketplace Registration Number is 164494

Best Regards
    Switzerland ( Lugano and Geneva )
    Swiss Geneva : (+41) 22 534 99 31 // 22 533 02 01
    Lebanon Beirut: (+961) 76 69 04 50 // 1 70 54 56 96
    Tunis Office: (+216) 98 30 12 75 // 24 90 04 95
    UK London: (+44) 77 21 99 95 55
    Italy mobile: (+39) 334 259 70 17 // 02 58 21 52 71
    France Paris: (+33) 6 42 79 03 20 //
    USA NY: (+1) 210 775 2563
    CA: (+1) 949 903 0960
    Dubai office: (+966) 551 67 07 59
    China Hong Kong: (+852) 81 20 92 73
    O.N.U. International (+423) 663 320 726
    http://www.mccconsulting.ch - http://www.mccpetroli.com
    http://www.maxxl.ch - http://www.mcctoday.com

FAX: (+41)225180898 //(+1)8592012788 //(+39)0240746031
    USA CA +1(949) 258-5869 & NY +1 (347) 287-6773
    ==================================================
    Disclaimer: Sender is not a United States Securities Dealer or Broker or U.S. Investment Adviser. Sender is a Private Company and Introductory Service Provider for clients to the various contacts that suit their business needs at their request. Sender provide directly every *******, bank instruments, bank guarantees or other financial instruments or commitments of any kind and crude/refined oil products. This E-mail letter and the attached related documents are never to be considered a solicitation for any purpose in any form or content. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. THESE MATERIALS ARE NOT TO BE DISSEMINATED WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL FROM M.C.C. S.A.
    This E-mail and any attachments may contain MCC S.A., proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to either group. This E-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521 and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and is therefore protected from disclosure under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. This electronic communication is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986, Codified at 18 U.S.C. §§ 1367, 2510-2521, 2701-2710, 3121-3126.Also, see: > http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/glbact/gl bsub1. htm - Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act 15 USC, Subchapter I, Sec. 6801-6809.