+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Getting to know eachother

I would like to know who here has interest or even qualifications in sciences.

I will start first. I have an interest in most aspects of science and keep up with new observations and theories regularly.
    I'm studying physics and calculus for my BSc.

davekross Guest

Re: Getting to know eachother

I have a B.S. in BS. Can I post here?

My education is electronics and computers. But I have studied physics since before most of you were born. I am an avid reader of Scientific American, Sky & Telescope, Astronomy, and anything else trying to explain our cosmos. My greatest hope is to see the Space Elevator completed before man makes himself extinct here on earth. I am a hands on person and can fix just about anything broken. I can rebuild an automatic transmission of write program code to control an antonymous robot. I stared building my robot in 1977 and he is a work in progress. But I have stores in malls as it pays better than anything else I have ever done.

Hello!

you are definately a very interesting guy!?hehe!!i'm jealous in a real world kinda way!?(why!?you sound like me!?)hehe!!tell us more about the stores!!hehe!!the why,the where,the when,the who,etc!!for the hidden things of the heart shall be shouted from the rooftops!?what do i know!?i know this!?love is all there is!?thanks beatles!?hehe!!

Quote Originally Posted by davekross
    I have a B.S. in BS. Can I post here?
    of course!!IT'S ALL BS if ya ask me!?ya did ask me!?but for the followers i have this to say..............IT"S ALL BS!!hehe!!go with the flow BABY!!hehe!!OH! and dont look back!?she loves me!!yah,yah,yah!my advice............drop the yah,yah ,yah,and GET A LIFE!?because of her love!?not in "SPITE"of it!?(what the h e l l is spite anyway!?anything to do with spit!?) just askin!?hehe!!
    Last edited by lexx; 04-22-2006 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    I would like to know who here has interest or even qualifications in sciences.

I will start first. I have an interest in most aspects of science and keep up with new observations and theories regularly.
    I'm studying physics and calculus for my BSc.
    applause ,followed by,admiration,followed by.......who's your daddy!?ok! it will not likely go that far!?hehe!!so as for gettin to know you!?do you know the lyrics!?......and by the way....what does LYRICS mean!?i mean you have the lyre a musical instrument OF OLD and then you have the words,...whats the connection!?ASK AND IT SHALL BE OPENED UNTO THEE!?hehe!!what do i know!?i'm just a pilgrim!?YAH RIGHT!?hehe!!

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    applause ,followed by,admiration,followed by.......who's your daddy!?ok! it will not likely go that far!?hehe!!so as for gettin to know you!?do you know the lyrics!?......and by the way....what does LYRICS mean!?i mean you have the lyre a musical instrument OF OLD and then you have the words,...whats the connection!?ASK AND IT SHALL BE OPENED UNTO THEE!?hehe!!what do i know!?i'm just a pilgrim!?YAH RIGHT!?hehe!!

You sound like a ****in nutcase, but hey ahahha what do I know ? hahah hehe heya !!

Anyway, I am a year away from having my Bachelors in Molecular & Microbiology.

Yeah, I'm in 8th grade science! WOO HOO! O YEAH! But Ive read some books. The most recent one I have had the privilege of readind is "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawkins. I find science very intersting! But! I hate to say History my game. Phewy good stuff. ;)

But remember! Im to be taken seriously, just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm not a genius. I'v taken multiple IQ tests, but I'm not sure how that effects anything... :confused:

OH! WAIT MY BAD! YEAH THATS RIGHT! Im in 8th grade HONORS SCIENCE!

By the way... Worried_in_ the_ USA. Amazing story!

I can program C++... Im sure you can do much much more. It would be a thriller to have a conversation with you. :D

I have no qualifications in science, but I like to learn about it, even though it's not the field I'll be going to. In particular, my favorite science has to be astonomy. :)

Currently, I'm in a course called "Energy and the Environment" at college, so the Global Warming thread is very much relevant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by conspiracytheory
    Yeah, I'm in 8th grade science! WOO HOO! O YEAH! But Ive read some books. The most recent one I have had the privilege of readind is "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawkins. I find science very intersting! But! I hate to say History my game. Phewy good stuff. ;)
    History's awesome, where would we be without it? :p
    All of Hawking's books are amazing, you should definitely read all of them. A brief history of time is awesome but well over a decade old now. Some of his more recent works get more technical as well (more graphs and maths woohoo!) so if you're into that kind of thing go buy them :)

Quote Originally Posted by conspiracytheory
    I can program C++... Im sure you can do much much more. It would be a thriller to have a conversation with you.
    C++ is a sweet language. Definitely the most practical to learn, kindof frustrating sometimes though. C# and PHP are much cleaner but not as widely used so you picked a great language to learn, there's still a huge market demand for C++ devs even though it's slowly moving toward C# :D Keep it up man.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    Currently, I'm in a course called "Energy and the Environment" at college, so the Global Warming thread is very much relevant to me.
    Awesome is that PHYS131? Great paper for learning about earthquakes and radiation too

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA
    My education is electronics and computers. But I have studied physics since before most of you were born. I am an avid reader of Scientific American, Sky & Telescope, Astronomy, and anything else trying to explain our cosmos. My greatest hope is to see the Space Elevator completed before man makes himself extinct here on earth. I am a hands on person and can fix just about anything broken. I can rebuild an automatic transmission of write program code to control an antonymous robot. I stared building my robot in 1977 and he is a work in progress. But I have stores in malls as it pays better than anything else I have ever done.

Hello!
    Wow a robot? Gonna take a video for us? :D I love robots.
    Stores in malls? Need a website? Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    Awesome is that PHYS131? Great paper for learning about earthquakes and radiation too
    No, it's EES 205. Not sure what college you're thinking of. :confused: :)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    No, it's EES 205. Not sure what college you're thinking of. :confused: :)
    It's a physics paper called Energy and the Environment :) Don't worry, we're talking about different things hehe.
    So how is it? Maybe you could start a thread or three about some topics you're studying.

NYT Editorial - Our Hidden History

Day by day, the ability to analyze genomes — sequences of DNA — grows more and more sophisticated. Scientists are able to examine the biological past in finer detail and with greater accuracy. The results will almost certainly transform what we know about how species are interrelated, and that, of course, includes us.

Consider, for instance, a new analysis of the genetic links between early humans and chimpanzees by a group of scientists at the Broad Institute in Cambridge, Mass. Their hypothesis, using new analytical techniques, is that the two species diverged more recently than previous estimates, which were based solely on fossil evidence. Their results suggest further that the ancestors of humans and chimpanzees might have diverged but then hybridized to produce the early lineage from which modern humans eventually developed.

This really lets the genie out of the bottle. Even after Darwin, the popular vision of how humans became humans has always had something platonic about it. The details of our descent have been vague enough to implicitly reinforce what one geneticist, commenting on this new finding, called "a more Victorian view of our genome."

The thought that we might be descended from the mating of ancestors of separate species — that in our origins we are hybrids — is a bold one, and a reminder, once again, of what we always forget: that humans are animals too, closely related to all of life on earth. It's also a reminder how hard it is to do away with Victorian views.

If these results hold up, we will have some reimagining to do, not only of our own history but of the processes of speciation as well. And even if this particular analysis of our family tree doesn't survive, there is certainly more in store as genomic research becomes increasingly refined. We will need to learn a certain agnosticism about the nature of our origins, a willingness to face up to the best analysis of who we really are. This should be an invigorating task.

Re: NYT Editorial - Our Hidden History

to cut to the quick of chicken**** platitudes.......apes became blacks became whites!?hehe!!just askin........i'm a racist!!hehe!!

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, 2001, 2008, abandoned, absent, academy, acceleration, accepted, account, accounts, accuracy, accurate, acted, actions, active, acts, add, additionally, address, admit, admitted, adolf, adult, advanced, advantages, advice, afford, affordable, africa, african, age, agendas, ages, agreed, agreement, agrees, ahmed, aims, ain, aint, airport, ale, alert, alexander, alive, alleged, alliance, allowing, amazing, ame, amen, america, american, andrew, animal, animals, ann, anniversary, annual, another, answer, anti, apart, apes, appeal, appeared, appears, applause, approved, april, apt, archive, aries, arrival, art, article, asia, assistant, associate, association, astronaut, asy, ation, attempts, attention, attitude, attributes, audience, aus, australia, author, authority, authors, auto, avail, avoid, aware, awesome, azi, baby, bad, balance, ban, bang, barr, base, based, basic, basically, bathroom, beach, bears, beasts, beer, benefits, berkeley, bernard, bet, better, bien, big bang, bigger, biggest, billion, bin, binary, bio, bit, blame, blocking, blogging, blood, boards, body, bomb, bombs, bonus, books, boost, borne, bow, boxes, boy, brain, break, breaking, breaks, breath, bribed, bridge, brief, bright, brilliance, brilliant, bring, bro, broke, brow, brown, bruce, building, bull, bunch, bur, buried, business, buster, button, buy, called, calls, camera, campaign, canadian, canberra, cancel, cancer, cannot, captured, care, careful, carefully, cares, carry, cars, case, cast, catch, cattle, caught, caused, causing, cell, center, central, cer, ceremony, chain, chairman, challenge, chambers, chan, chance, channel, characteristics, charms, chemicals, cherry, chicago, chicken, chiefs, chris, christmas, claim, claiming, clan, class, classic, clean, cleaning, clearing, clever, cli, clients, clo, close, closes, clothes, club, cock, code, collect, collection, college, coming, commentary, comments, commercial, common, communication, community, comparison, complement, complete, completely, complex, compliance, components, con, concerns, concessions, condi, confesses, confirmed, confirming, confirms, connection, connections, conservative, constant, constantly, continue, continues, contracting, contractor, conversation, cordially, corp, corporation, correct, cosmology, cost, costly, coulda, couldn, countries, country, cover, crap, crazy, creates, credible, credit, critical, cruise, cuba, culture, cure, current, custom, cyber, cycle, daddy, damage, damn, dan, dana, dance, dane, daniel, dark, darkness, date, daughter, david, davis, day, days, dea, dead, dear, death, debate, debating, decades, decided, decision, deep, defeat, delta, demand, demons, dennis, department, deposits, des, description, desire, destroyed, destroying, detected, development, devil, diagnosis, diatribe, didn, differences, difficult, direction, director, dirt, disabled, discover, discussing, disease, display, disrupt, distract, diversity, division, dna, doesn, dog, dollar, domination, don, dont, don’t, door, double, douglas, dow, dozen, drake, draws, drew, drink, drop, drops, duck, due, dying, ear, earlier, early, earned, earth, east, economic, edge, effective, effects, einstein, electric, elements, ells, eme, emergency, ends, enemy, engineering, engineers, england, enter, enterprise, entry, environment, episode, equipment, equity, error, escapes, essay, essential, eth, ethical, ets, euro, europe, european, eva, evening, evils, excellent, exhausted, exists, exo, expand, experience, experts, explained, explorer, expose, express, extra, extraordinary, extreme, extremely, eye, eyes, face, faced, factor, fah, fall, false, families, famous, fans, fantastic, farms, fat, father, fault, faulty, favorite, favors, fear, fears, feature, fee, feel, felt, field, figures, file, files, final, financially, finding, finds, fishy, fits, fix, fla, flat, flies, flipped, floor, fly, focus, followers, fool, forces, ford, foreign, forget, forgot, formula, forward, foundation, foundations, fra, france, frank, fred, frequent, fresh, friday, front, fuel, fully, funded, furniture, fusion, future, galaxy, gas, gave, gen, general, generation, genie, genious, genius, geometry, george, georgia, ghost, giants, girl, gli, glitches, global, goin, gonna, good, google, gotta, grabs, grace, grand, great, greatest, green, grim, ground, group, groups, growth, guarantee, guy, guys, hand, handed, handle, hands, happened, happening, har, hard, harder, hasn, hassle, head, heads, healing, healthy, heart, held, hell, helped, helping, helps, hey, hidden, hide, high, higher, highly, hills, his, hits, hog, holds, hole, holidays, holy, homes, honor, hopeless, horror, horse, hospital, hot, hours, house, houston, howard, html, huge, huma, human, humans, hunters, hurricane, hurricanes, hurt, husband, ial, ian, ica, identify, ignorant, ignore, ill, illness, image, images, imagine, ime, impact, important, impressive, improved, inc., inch, incident, include, incredible, index, india, indicating, individuals, indoctrination, industries, industry, infected, influence, influences, info, inherited, injury, innovation, install, instructed, insults, intelligence, inter, interest, international, internet, interview, investigated, inviting, involved, involves, ion, isaac, islands, isn, issue, issues, jealous, jeffrey, jet, jobs, john, johns, joined, joint, jonathan, jot, joy, judge, julian, killed, killer, kills, kim, kind, kinds, king, knew, korea, lab, laden, ladies, lady, laer, land, large, last, latest, laugh, launch, launched, laura, lead, leaders, leading, leads, learn, leaving, leigh, lens, les, lets, letters, lexx, libel, liberty, light, lighting, lin, lincoln, line, lines, lis, listen, lived, living, local, lol, london, long, longer, loose, los, lose, loser, loss, lost, lot, loves, luck, lunar, lunch, machine, machines, mad, mail, making, malinowski, mankind, manufacturing, mark, market, marriage, marries, marti, martin, maryland, mass, massachusetts, massive, mates, math, matter, mea, meaningless, measure, medal, meet, meeting, mega, mel, member, members, memories, memory, mental, mess, messages, meyer, migration, mike, million, millions, mind, miner, mining, minorities, minutes, miserable, model, moderator, mods, money, monkeys, monster, month, montreal, moon, moral, more, mother, motives, move, movie, multi, multiple, mystery, myth, named, nasa, nat, nation, national, nature, nazi, needed, nelson, neo, ner, net, network, networks, new york times, news, ngc, nice, night, nope, normal, north, note, notes, numbers, nurse, nutcase, nyt, oakland, objects, observers, odds, office, official, officials, ohio, ongoing, onli, open, operations, opportunity, oral, orange, order, org, organization, orlando, oro, outs, ovens, overwhelming, owns, package, page, pages, paper, part, partner, partners, pas, pasadena, passed, passwords, patents, pathological, paul, pays, peace, pegasus, people, perception, perfect, perfectly, performance, person, personal, personality, personalized, peter, phenomenon, philip, photos, picked, pickup, pickups, picture, piece, pile, pioneer, plane, planes, planned, plans, plants, plastic, platform, play, pluto, poet, point, poised, poison, policy, poor, pop, popping, popular, pos, position, positive, post, posted, poster, posting, posts, potential, poverty, power, pray, predicted, predictions, presiden, prevent, price, prices, prima, prime, principles, private, pro, probability, problems, proceedings, process, product, production, productive, products, profile, profit, programming, progress, projects, promised, promising, promote, properties, prospect, prostate, protect, protected, protecting, prove, proved, proven, proves, psu, public, published, pull, pure, putting, qualifications, quality, quarter, queen, question, questions, quick, quickly, quot, quote, quotes, race, raise, ram, random, rapid, rated, raw, rea, reaction, read, ready, real, reality, reason, reasonable, reasons, recorded, recovered, recovery, red, reduction, references, refused, regime, regimes, regular, regulatory, reincarnation, rejuve, related, release, released, releases, relief, religious, remember, remind, reminder, removed, rent, replace, replacing, reporters, representative, rescue, research, reserve, respect, response, responsible, ress, rest, restore, results, retro, returns, revealed, reward, rewarded, rich, richard, riches, rick, ring, rip, rise, rising, risk, robert, rock, rocket, role, ron, roo, room, rosa, rose, route, row, roy, royal, run, rush, rushed, russian, sacred, sad, safe, safety, sample, san, sang, santa, saturn, sca, scale, scenario, school, science, scientists, scott, scottish, scraping, scu, search, searching, season, secondary, secretary, secretly, seem, select, sends, sense, sensitive, serve, served, service, session, sessions, set, setup, severe, shapes, shared, shares, shaw, shed, sheet, ship, shirley, sho, shock, shoo, shooting, short, shot, shoulda, shouldn, showed, shows, shut, sign, signed, signing, silent, silicon, silver, simple, simply, sincere, singing, sink, site, skimmed, skin, slam, small, smoked, software, solar, solve, solved, son, song, songs, sons, soo, sooner, sorry, sounds, source, sources, southampton, speaking, special, specifically, speed, spent, sphere, spiral, split, spotlight, staff, stage, star, stars, start, starting, starts, state, states, status, stay, stein, step, stephen, stern, stock, stone, stones, stop, stories, story, stranger, strangers, strategies, strategy, stream, street, strength, striking, strip, students, stuff, stupid, style, submit, subs, successful, sucking, sum, summer, sums, sun, super, supported, supporting, suppose, surfaces, survey, surveys, survive, suspended, swamps, sweden, sweet, system, systems, taken, takes, talk, talking, tan, targeted, targets, taste, taxes, taxpayers, tbx, teach, team, tech, technologies, ted, tells, temple, test, testing, texas, text, the new york times, the wall, theory, they, thinks, thought, thread, threads, threatened, threatening, thriller, throw, tie, time, times, title, today, told, tolerance, tone, tools, top, tor, tortured, total, totally, tour, toxic, toy, trac, trace, tracks, tradition, transfer, transportation, travelling, treatment, tribute, trick, trolling, trouble, troubles, tumors, tunes, twin, twins, types, u.s. government, ufos, ugly, ultra, union, united, united states, universe, unprecedented, update, upper, upset, url, usa, usual, valley, vehicle, verify, version, victoria, victory, view, village, viole, violence, violent, virtual, vital, volcanoes, wait, waiter, waiting, walker, wanted, ward, warfare, warming, watched, watches, water, ways, weak, weaker, websites, wednesday, weed, week, weeks, weird, welcome, wells, west, western, westward, whats, wheel, whites, wide, wikipedia, win, winner, winning, wins, wire, wireless, wisconsin, witch, withdraw, woma, won, wont, wooden, worked, worker, working, worldwide, worse, worth, worthy, wow, write, writing, wrong, wtf, year, years, yesterday, york, young, youtube, yrs, yuri

View Tag Cloud