+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: Global Warming

Re: Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gore Speech, not at UN
    Now focus on these pseudoscientific groups that take money from the coal companies and mining and oil companies. The techniques that they use were pioneered years earlier by the tobacco industry in its long campaign to manufacture uncertainty in the public's mind about the health risks caused by tobacco smoke. You know, that's an industry that kills one out of every five of its customers. Not a good business plan unless they can find a way to recruit massive numbers of what they call "replacement smokers". Alright? And so - - and it's interesting - - if you look at the names of the people who took money from the tobacco companies, laundered through law firms often - - some of the same scientific camp-followers who took money from the tobacco industry as part of that that effort are right now taking money from the coal and oil companies in return for their willingness to say with a straight face that global warming is not real. It is a fact.

Now here is a good example of what they did before.

(LAUGHTER)

And you know, at one time that didn't cause any laughter at all. Because it was just part of their strategy, and it continued for quite a long time. This was a document recently gained in a discovery process on something called "Project White Coat". And look at the goals. To reverse the misconception that tobacco smoke is harmful. To restore the acceptability of smoking.

Now, in a candid memo about political strategy for Republican leaders, pollster Frank Luntz expressed concern that voters might punish candidates who supported more greenhouse gas pollution and more pollution generally. And then he offered advice to Republican leaders on what he believes is the key tactic for defusing the issue.
    taken from http://www.algore.org/index.php?opti...d=94&Itemid=84

Maybe the smoking causes global warming concept was an invention from this association made by gore?

and http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread227947/pg3 is another forum where more people simply cannot find a primary source for this information....

Why do people lie?

It just makes finding the truth so much harder... which harms everyone. Morons.

not to change the subject!?but i have to ask!?is god green!?hehe!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    not to change the subject!?but i have to ask!?is god green!?hehe!!.....
    No. God doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by aegist
    No. God doesn't exist.
    So, God doesn't exist: Prove it.

I already have

I already have
    You must forgive me, but I fail to see where you have proven God doesn't exist. So please enlighten me on how you have been able to do this.

My proof is everywhere you look, its just invisible. But it's really impressive! And infallibly true. So you can't deny it. QED.

My proof is everywhere you look, its just invisible. But it's really impressive! And infallibly true. So you can't deny it. QED.
    Now you are really being naive, not sophisticated, and I am being polite here. I can say everywhere you look you will see God. Invisibilty does not prove their is no God, just the opposite. Who do you think created nature? Who do you think created man?

If I treat you to a good dinner would you believe there is a cook? I mean you didn't see the cook, so how do you know there was one? If there was a cook, was the cook real or invisible?

God gave us the freedom of choice. Without choice we would all be the same. God did not want us to be puppets or robots, but He wants us to choose to love Him. Love is not genuine if there is no other option. With this free will we also have the ability to choose not to believe in Him. One thing is for sure, our decision will have eternal consequences.

Do you really believe that this Universe just happened by happenstance? Do you realize the intricacy of the earth's rotation, angle and place in the solar system? Where do you think all the species came from? Do you really believe that a mere human created all of this?

If a mere mortal had, his/her name would have been plastered all over History. But God's name has been plastered all over History. After all it is His story. Every rainbow is proof of God's promise and He is real. That is just a small sampling of God's existence. You or I would not be breathing right now if He didn't want us to live.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne
    Now you are really being naive, not sophisticated, and I am being polite here.
    Wrong, I was being facetious. Your request: Prove it. is without a doubt the most stupid request you could have possibly made 1. in a thread on global warming, 2. logically.

My responses were appropraitely facetious to such stupidity.

Wrong, I was being facetious. Your request: Prove it. is without a doubt the most stupid request you could have possibly made 1. in a thread on global warming, 2. logically.

My responses were appropraitely facetious to such stupidity.
    You were the one who brought it up. I was just responding. So if it was such a stupid request, then why did you make such a stupid post to the Global Warming thread? So who is the stupid one here?

Actually lexx brought it up, I made a dismissive comment, you made a stupid demand on a dismissive comment.

The earth is aprox 4.5 billion years old. The environment has under gone many changes duing this very long time to say we as humans could ever accurately predict what changes are ahead for us is not being very realistic concidering I have a hard time getting an accurate forcast day to day. But I do think that with scientific study we can at least have some solid educated guesses.We as humans always need to know why something is happening.Especialy when its a something we dont like.Some of us dont give a because the facts are everyone here on this sight will be dead before any real threat accures.But for those who do care we recognize that global warming will have a serious effect on all living things of this earth.
    For me global warming is happening there is no debate. But to say that its only because of humans cruizing the earth or mother nature doing her thing as usual isnt seeing the whole picture. Couldnt it be some combination of both.Couldnt it be that global warming leading to the next iceage are inevidable?And that perhaps are inability to predict the effects of our industry on the earth are just helping to move it all along?To say we have no effect on the planets environment is obsurd.What happens in any natural environment when there is an over population of one species?There is a delicate balance in nature and all the time it is teetering one way then the next to balance its self out.We humans are apart of this natural environment and mother earth will handle the apropriate balance if neccesary.(That is as long as we dont blow her up first)But being the dominant species and the most advanced species and the seemingly most intelligent species doesnt give us the right to do only as we please.With this dominance , advancement, and intelligence comes a responsibility.And not just to those of us walking the earthtoday,but for those who will walk it in the future.Not only for humans but for the creatures that also call this place home today and for the creatures that will call it home in the future.Maybe all the up roar over global warming is over reacting but I dont think we can sit around as intelligent beings ignoreing the changes in the earth and acting as if all will always be okay.Or that the things that we do daily have no effect today or ever.We all have to do our part to ensure a better tomorrow.

Similar Threads

1. Global Warming - Global Madness
    By mumbles in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 08:00 PM
  2. Bet They Believe in Global Warming Too
    By conserv4ever in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 12:17 PM
  3. Is Global warming Really the Cause?!?
    By spanky in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 07:17 PM
  4. Global Warming
    By JTB7 in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1204
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 12:51 PM
  5. Global P.ower Elite Back Away from Global Warming
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 03:53 PM