+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Fast Auto Trade a scam?

Got this reply after responding to an add on local Craigslist auto ad: ...At this time I have some personal problems and I need to sell the car as fast as possible because I need the money. This is my only reason for selling this beauty otherwise I wouldn't do it.
    The deal will be handled by Fast Auto Trade (www.fastatr.com). I have a contract with this company and they will handle the title, money transfer and deliver the car to your location. Currently the car is at their office. The best part about this is that they have a 5-days money back guarantee program. If at the end of those 5 days you decide not to keep the car you'll get a full refund from them. If you want the car and if you have the money available all you have to do now is to register a free account with them and get back to me with the e-mail address you used. As soon as I hear that you registered I will start the deal through them. The process is very simple and risk free for both of us....

The add goes on to link to a Photobucket account with pictures of an unplated beauty of a Honda, in a tropical setting (palm trees in background). Since I am in the blustery cold north near Lake Michigan, I find a tropical car deal maybe a bit too suspicious.

I haven't been able to get a hit on any search engines about the website, but the logos listed in their "strategic alliances" look wrong (e.g. wrong color tones and fonts).

So, I responded that I want an address to see where I can go see the car. I doubt I will hear back.

Re: Is Fast Auto Trade a scam?

Dude, website is only one day old. It was set-up just for you. Scam.

Wow!! I set up an account on Scam.com today just so I could ask the very same question. I, too, am looking for a nice used car and I live in DC. I got the same ad for the same Honda Accord but was a little suspicious when I saw the palm trees in the background - knowing our nation's capital has NO such foilage :) If it seems too good to be true - it usually is.

Here is the email response I got:

Hello,
    Thanks for the fast reply. The car is in excellent condition, no accidents, rust or any kind of damage anywhere and it doesn't need any maintenance. With 73,236 miles the car gets 22/ 31 mpg. It has a clean history and if you want to see it I'll send you the report. Title is clear and free of liens. This 2001 Honda Accord EX V6 has an automatic transmission and it's very easy to drive. Everything on the car works as it should.
    My asking price is $3000. At this time I have some personal problems and I need to sell the car as fast as possible because I need the money. This is my only reason for selling this beauty otherwise I wouldn't do it.
    The deal will be handled by Fast Auto Trade (www.fastatr.com). I have a contract with this company and they will handle the title, money transfer and deliver the car to your location. Currently the car is at their office. The best part about this is that they have a 5-days money back guarantee program. If at the end of those 5 days you decide not to keep the car you'll get a full refund from them. If you want the car and if you have the money available all you have to do now is to register a free account with them and get back to me with the e-mail address you used. As soon as I hear that you registered I will start the deal through them. The process is very simple and risk free for both of us.
    A picture album can be seen here: http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/ww52/keel333/

Thanks,
    Eliza Keane

Maybe the car is not in your area? You will have to find that on out for yourselves. Just don't pay until you see it in person !

Personal Oppinion - fast auto trade - fastatr.com is a total scam

Here is why

the domain name was set up yesterday:
    Domain Name.......... fastatr.com
    Creation Date........ 2009-02-01
    Registration Date.... 2009-02-01
    Expiry Date.......... 2010-02-01
    Organisation Name.... Brenda Estacio
    Organisation Address. P O Box 99800
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. EmeryVille
    Organisation Address. 94662
    Organisation Address. CA
    Organisation Address. US

The site is a copy of "Swift Auto Trades" which is already gone
    http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

Domain Name.......... swiftatr.com
    Creation Date........ 2008-12-09
    Registration Date.... 2008-12-09
    Expiry Date.......... 2009-12-09
    Organisation Name.... Howard Horwich
    Organisation Address. 1460 Belle Plaine
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. Chicago
    Organisation Address. 60613
    Organisation Address. IL
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

#3 Which is also QUICKATR.com

Domain Name.......... quickatr.com
    Creation Date........ 2008-11-24
    Registration Date.... 2008-11-24
    Expiry Date.......... 2009-11-24
    Organisation Name.... Linda Higgins
    Organisation Address. P O Box 99800
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. EmeryVille
    Organisation Address. 94662
    Organisation Address. CA
    Organisation Address. US

They hide behind this company to hide their real address:
    http://www.concentric.com/private_do...gistration.php

#5 The phone number they give is an unlisted phone number according to whitepages.com

Google has no results for fast auto trade inc.

I can't say with 100% certainty that they are a complete scam, but I can't even imagine who would be absolutely stupid enough to send money to the above site based on what I found.

i can add exactly how the scam goes.

the car is very underpriced.

you get blinded by greed.

you are told you can get your money back if not satisfied.

you money is safe in escrow til you are satisfied.

you must pay the escrow/shipper thru western union.

you're done.

screwed, no car, and you don't know who got your money.

the scammer makes a new website, paying for it with a stolen credit card number, then trolls for more victims.

My 18 year old granddaughter got the same offer from Fast Auto Trade...email was verbatim and "Elizia Kean" elizakeane@gmail.com was the sender. My granddaughter thought it was legitimate and corresponded back and forth. One of the emails proposed the following:

"I've just agreed to the transaction terms so you should have received the payment instructions from the company. If you will have problems with payment procedure please let me know ASAP. I just want to announce you that there is a commercial tax of 6% of the amount you are sending that Money Gram will charge me. We can avoid this if you'll tell the Money Gram clerk that you're sending the money to a friend or relative, not for commercial purposes. If you can do that, I will also help by sending the car as Gift so no tax sales will apply on your end. Don't forget after you make the payment to submit it to the company and to fax them a copy of the Money Gram receipt. As I told you the car is at Fast Auto Trade. They're located in Rockford, IL. That's where the car will be delivered from. They have a flat rate delivery fee of which I took care when I left them the car. They will use a cargo truck to deliver the car and it won't take them more than 1-2 days tops to deliver it at your house. Once you receive it you'll have 5 days to inspect it and make sure is in perfect condition as I said. If you manage to find any problems you'll get a full refund from Fast Auto Trade.
    Thank you and i am waiting for the confirmation of your payment.

These people should be drawn and quartered! Who do we report them to????

yeah, they sometimes use moneygram, too.

they got fake ID's

they can pretend to be anybody, and the lowpaid clerk can't do anything but give them the money. sorry.

Annnnnd FastATR.com is Gone....

and another site they used was e-bbb. org....

the site had some of the same text......

wonder where they will pop up next....

Wow........I just saw the same ad for a 2001 Honda Accord. The car was being sold for 3000.00. If this person is hard up for money, then why is he using a 3rd party to sell the car. Anyways, I typed in his email address in the great google and it brought me here. Nice work from the people above, especially the one reply that listed all of his domains. These forums are great and it keeps people aware.

Let me guess Metalic Silver with Grey interior?

Anyway - if you come accross another shady web site that "offers" to handle the transaction please post it here...

Just found this thread after searching 'Fast Auto Trade Scam' and have gotten the same email from 'Eliza' verbatim as listed above. Now it's a Civic in northern NJ for $2900. The post listed it as a '99 and her email said it was an '02. I emailed back asking for a phone number to speak with her in person but was sent a response reiterating the validity of the system and not giving a phone number. 'Eliza' is probably a pimply-faced obese 35 year old guy living in his Mom's basement, scamming people in order to pay for his growing collection of Star Wars action figures.

I received the same email about a Honda Civic today...from Eliza Keane. This is a scam. I am glad I went to research the site when it didn't come up with the link. And it is amazing what I found...Here is a copy of the email that matches others on this site...Beware of this scam:

Hello,
    Thanks for the fast reply. The car is in excellent condition, no accidents, rust or any kind of damage anywhere and it doesn't need any maintenance. With 84,002 miles the car gets 24/ 33 mpg. It has a clean history and if you want to see it I'll send you the history report. Title is clear and free of liens. This 2002 Honda Civic EX has an automatic transmission and it's very easy to drive.
    My asking price is $2900. At this time I have some personal problems and I need to sell the car as fast as possible because I need the money. This is my only reason for selling this beauty otherwise I wouldn't do it.
    The deal will be handled by Fast Auto Trade (www.fastatr.com). I have a contract with this company and they will handle the title, money transfer and deliver the car to your location. Currently the car is at their office. The best part about this is that they have a 5-days money back guarantee program. If at the end of those 5 days you decide not to keep the car you'll get a full refund from them. If you want the car and if you have the money available all you have to do now is to register a free account with them and get back to me with the e-mail address you used. As soon as I hear that you registered I will start the deal through them. The process is very simple and risk free for both of us.
    A picture album can be seen here: http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/ss152/kenel72/02civ/

Thanks,
    Eliza Keane

"
    Dude, website is only one day old. It was set-up just for you. Scam."

Totally agreed !

Got the same email this morning. The address is now http://www.fast-vtr.com/

Sounded like a bunch of B.S. so I did some Googling of my onw and came up with nothing on the company, on the address listed on the website, or on the phone number listed (except that is was in Rockford, IL rather than Chicago - but yellowpages.com showed no business listing by that name or number in IL.)

I even looked around the website to see how one my register to SELL, rather than BUY a car and found nothing. They asked you to register using the name/address/etc "as it appears on your card" and they even ask you for your mother's maiden name.

Seriously!!!??? :rotz:

But I was looking for "fast-vtr" so I didn't come across this thread until I decided to do a search on "Eliza Keane".

When something looks to good to be true, it usually is.... :spidey:

http://escrow-fraud.com/

that website is one of the classic scams, listed for a couple years. criminals just change the name and move it to new webhost.

Domain Name.......... fast-vtr.com
    Creation Date........ 2009-05-12

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page=gallery

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?pa...lery&layout=35
    Last edited by mumbles; 05-16-2009 at 11:31 AM.