Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

Poll: Remove Subjunk As Moderator

This individual is, by his own admission, unqualified for this position.

The definition of a moderator is: To act as an intermediary between opposing sides. This individual is, clearly, not conducting himself (nor does he intend to) in that capacity but is simply intent on supressing free expression by enforcing his own arbitrary standards on others through censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by subjunk
    Even if you hate a political or racial group with every fibre of your being you cannot express that here. Yes that is interfering with freedom of speech and all that but oh well I don't think it's unreasonable to censor such things.
    Furthemore, he even has the disingenuous gall to arrogate the authority to exempt himself from any of the consequences of his own irrational and duplicitous edicts:

Quote Originally Posted by subjunk
    And if I break those rules, although I won't be banned for it I promise that if someone points it out and I have actually broken the rules I will take it in and think about how I can avoid doing it in the future
    This is not a moderator. This is the mentality of a petty tyrant who has arrogantly convinced himself on the specious "merits" of his own transparently ludicrous bullsh!t.

It's a simple observation that the only participants here who support this individual as a moderator are those who are the most vulnerable to having their own hypocrisy and intellectual bankruptcy exposed.

They have demonstrated that they simply have an axe to grind against those who have not been intimidated or equivocal about confronting the issues and offering a spirited and unapologetic challenge to politically correct, pseudo-nationalist thugs.

Sadly, a politically correct nanny seems to have been installed in a position they are ill equipped to handle in a mature and responsible fashion. This is certain to offer nothing more than a chilling effect on the, at times, ribald, but usually, compelling exchange of ideas and simply inspire the most engaging posters to migrate elsewhere.

So let's be fair. After all, it is the contributors to this site that make it a worthwhile place to visit, not the goose-stepping language gestapo.

I move that we take a fair accounting from the people here who really count and survey all concerned.

My vote is remove "Subjunk" as moderator forthwith in the interest of all the things we hold dear as supporters of free expression and as those who are interested in maintaining the ethical integrity of a site which used to be a compelling and interesting place to visit prior to the coronation of this petty chat board dictator.
    Last edited by dchristie; 03-29-2006 at 06:34 PM.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Re: Poll: Remove Subjunk As Moderator

I do believe the same thing was said about me a time or two.(or three or four, perhaps more.) ;)

However, let's give Subjunk a chance to get the forum to a point where we can all be relatively happy.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    I do believe the same thing was said about me a time or two.(or three or four, perhaps more.) ;)

However, let's give Subjunk a chance to get the forum to a point where we can all be relatively happy.

Lady Mod
    I agree with dchristie,
    Subjunk is not moderating he is enforcing his will and agenda on all posters under the guise of creating a happy little household. Everyone he banned has a political pow he does not argree with.

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

Lady Mod
    Let's not.

Re: Subjunk

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary
    Subjunk has been a HUGE help to scam.com. His work is unpaid and much appreciated. I hope that if he is being 'heavy handed' with the banning/deleting/moderating he will step back, take a deep breath and re-evaluate the duties of a moderator and what scam.com is all about.

When I bought this site, there was three main issues to be agreed upon prior to the release of the site:

1. Price
    2. It is an OPEN FORUM, allowing ALL points of view.
    3. If you are a victim of an alleged scam claim, you have every right to stand up for yourself and get your point across.

With this all said, I hope that the intentions of this website are clear.
    I hope that this can cool down without me getting involved.
    While Subjunk might be working hard to help the site, it seems that he needs to be reminded of statement #2 as quoted above. Also , it might be a good idea to not let him moderate the political forum, unless of course 99%+ of the posts there are about New Zealand politics , rather than American.

davekross Guest

Take Away Subjunks Power

Ban him temporarily til he cools off Zack!

Re: Take Away Subjunks Power

Quote Originally Posted by davekross
    Ban him temporarily til he cools off Zack!
    Ban who?

Lady Mod

Quote made by GW Bush........
    "Much has been made about some of the name-calling that went on," the President said yesterday in an exclusive interview with CTV News.

"That's just part of politics and it doesn't bother me in the least.''

Let's repeat that quote for those who can't quite understand....

umdkook Guest

ahahahh this is so pathetic. and i dont mean it in an insulting way, but in a real way.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    Quote made by GW Bush........
    "Much has been made about some of the name-calling that went on," the President said yesterday in an exclusive interview with CTV News.

Let's repeat that quote for those who can't quite understand....
    I'll chime in here as the lone reed from the conservative side. Most of the rhetoric espoused by both sides does not bother me. The only statements I have found to be irresponsible are those that state all Republicans/Liberals should be killed or some such nonsense. All the name-calling only serves to weaken an argument in my personal view, but political discussion brings a lot of emotional baggage and it can not be 'moderated' out in any real form.

I agree with lady mod, I think he should have a bit more time to settle in also. Keep in mind, he already gave me a one day boot, but I am still willing to give him some more time.

P.S. I do have one issue about a certain 30 day ban, and I`m sure I don`t have to say anything more.

umdkook Guest

"settle in"???? we all know he can ban us, hes a moderator. we dont need a demonstration of his power or something. im not sure i understand what "settling in" means.

but alas, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    "settle in"???? we all know he can ban us, hes a moderator. we dont need a demonstration of his power or something. im not sure i understand what "settling in" means.

but alas, it is what it is.
    Just consider it enthusiasm of youth umdcook. We should at least give it a try his way before we freak out and say it won't work.

If more people end up participating then we have more things we can debate about.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by GrimsGhost
    I agree with lady mod, I think he should have a bit more time to settle in also. Keep in mind, he already gave me a one day boot, but I am still willing to give him some more time.

P.S. I do have one issue about a certain 30 day ban, and I`m sure I don`t have to say anything more.
    Whose 30 day ban? Dante'? Or did someone else get a 30 day ban I missed?

Lady Mod

Whose 30 day ban? Dante'? Or did someone else get a 30 day ban I missed?

Lady Mod
    LOL... The way some people protect those who spew hatred, and at the same time villify others based solely on their political views, is just incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimsGhost
    LOL... The way some people protect those who spew hatred, and at the same time villify others based solely on their political views, is just incredible.

Yes you are "just incredible". Is it Dante's ban you are referring to or someone else's?

Lady Mod