+ Reply to Thread

umdkook Guest

what really sucks

is that this place was actually a cool forum. it served its purpose immenesly in that it helps internet users who do their due dilligence from getting scammed.

it was awesome the day i clicked on political chat, it opened up a whole new world on scam.com

all of a sudden, no name calling is allowed, even though a vote was put to the members long ago and it showed people didnt care about name calling. in fact, all that does is show others lame attempts to prove their point, and its funny!!!

there were/are some good people on here who contribute a lot, whether or not an insult is involved or not. its really pathetic (not in an insulting way, in a real way) what it is now, but i guess thats how its gonna be from now on.

enjoy everyone, I know i wont be.

Re: what really sucks

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    is that this place was actually a cool forum. it served its purpose immenesly in that it helps internet users who do their due dilligence from getting scammed.

it was awesome the day i clicked on political chat, it opened up a whole new world on scam.com

all of a sudden, no name calling is allowed, even though a vote was put to the members long ago and it showed people didnt care about name calling. in fact, all that does is show others lame attempts to prove their point, and its funny!!!

there were/are some good people on here who contribute a lot, whether or not an insult is involved or not. its really pathetic (not in an insulting way, in a real way) what it is now, but i guess thats how its gonna be from now on.

enjoy everyone, I know i wont be.
    Namecalling and other similar behaviour is what separates argument from debate. If you want to argue, don't come to a debating forum.

You say "all that does is show others lame attempts to prove their point", yes they are lame attempts you're correct.

You're also making a mountain out of a molehill. But I'm not concerned because if you take it as such a huge deal that you can't make fun of other people anymore you aren't contributing positively to an unbiased forum atmosphere anyway.

It's fine for those of you who want to kick up a fuss about this and say people never minded the childish nonsense you found so "funny", but in fact people have told me this thread is or was too biased.

Namecalling is just so silly I can't believe people like you, who I assume are adults, would find it so impossible to get by without ridiculing others. Grow up or get out.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    Namecalling and other similar behaviour is what separates argument from debate. If you want to argue, don't come to a debating forum.
    Subjunk, you don't realise that there is no debating between left and right. None. We will never, ever see eye to eye with this one exception that you are stepping all over our fun.

There is only argument between left and right. There is no debate. It has been tried.

My question to you is... I bet you can't supply an example of a sustained debate between a left and right individual that did not come down to some sort of empassioned argument where one wanted to kill the other. Ok, maybe it wasn't a question, but it still stands. I believe you are living in a fairytale where you think there is an actual chance of you making an impact on the way left and right Americans come together over these topics!

Wait... are you even an American? Your idealism smells like Europian wine....sniff sniff... Are you an American Subjunk?

Quote Originally Posted by BatarngForce
    Subjunk, you don't realise that there is no debating between left and right. None. We will never, ever see eye to eye with this one exception that you are stepping all over our fun.

There is only argument between left and right. There is no debate. It has been tried.

My question to you is... I bet you can't supply an example of a sustained debate between a left and right individual that did not come down to some sort of empassioned argument where one wanted to kill the other. Ok, maybe it wasn't a question, but it still stands. I believe you are living in a fairytale where you think there is an actual chance of you making an impact on the way left and right Americans come together over these topics!

Wait... are you even an American? Your idealism smells like Europian wine....sniff sniff... Are you an American Subjunk?
    I live in New Zealand, and European is not spelled "Europian". I will also remind you that even though it is mainly American politics that is discussed here, it is not an exclusively American political forum.

We all already know you discriminate against right-wingers, are you going to discriminate against non-Americans now too?

Of course a left-winger and right-winger won't be able to have civilised debate if they already have it in their minds before hand that it would be impossible.
    I personally have had many debates on this site with left-wing individuals where it has not resorted to namecalling, go have a look at past threads if you want some of this evidence that you think doesn't exist.
    Last edited by SubJunk; 03-29-2006 at 07:42 AM.