HOPE: TO DESIRE WITH EXPECTATION OF FULFILLMENT

Tuesday (Jan 27, 09) the lead story on the front page of the “Los Angels Times” shouts, “60,000 JOBS LOST IN A SINGLE DAY.” Next to this story was another: “CLIMATE CHANGE HAS A FIRM GRIP.” New studies say we are moving into a time of long-term drought in the west and a dust bowl in the midwest reminiscent of the 1930s. The third featured front-page story is illustrated with a large photo of a woman in Altadena, CA chipping ice off the window of her car. Palm trees can be seen in the background.

Daily, I receive e-mails from readers asking, “Is this the shift?”

“Sorry to say, ‘Yes it is.’”

“So what can we do?” they ask.

I usually explain that when a channel named Kirael was asked how to prepare for the shift, Kirael said, “Stay in your heart, raise your spirituality. The key to getting through the shift is raising your spiritual essence. So how do you do that? Meditate, Meditate, Meditate.”

This makes sense: Meditation accesses energies that we don’t perceive in a linear conscious state. In deep meditation your cellular energy can surface and be delineated into thought patterns.

I would add to that, accept that “what is, is.” Then remind yourself that “it is your resistance to what is that causes your suffering.” I am a big believer in “chopping wood and carrying water.” In other words, keep busy, doing what you know how to do to help yourself and to help others. Prepare. And while you are doing this, program yourself with positive thoughts about a positive future.

Here are some of the positive mind-programming suggestions on my “Coping With Recession Zapper” CD: “No matter what you read in the papers or hear on the news, you remain upbeat and positive about the future. You know your thoughts create your reality, so you maintain thoughts of a happy, abundant life. You find creative ways to maintain your lifestyle and create the reality you desire to live. You do. You have the power and ability to create what you desire to experience. So you imagine your desires as if they were already so, and you experience a joyous sense of security. You are confident about your future. And this sense of confidence permeates every aspect of your life: your relationships, your home and your career. You easily adjust to change and make the most of any and all situations. You do this easily and confidently. You have the ability to make the best possible decision when adjustments are necessary.”

Here are some uplifting thoughts by other writers:

“The simple truth is that happy people generally don’t get sick.” Dr. Bernie Siegel

“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” Dalai Lama

“If God told you exactly what it was you were to do, you’d be happy doing it no matter what it was. What you are doing is what God wants you to do. Be happy.” Werner Erhard

“There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.” O. S. Marden

“Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible.” Anonymous