+ Reply to Thread

www.air-shippingworldwide.com

BEWARE!! major scam this guy posts ads in the heavy equipment trader selling nothing but his story then directs you to this 3rd party shipping company (which they are in it together) they have you wire them a deposit then tell you there's import taxes since it's being sent to the US this shipping company holds the money til you receive the package you have 5 days to check out the equipment then you wire the remaining money. They give you nothing but a run around the money is wired out of the US so the FBI tells me there's nothing they can do. Well I haven't stopped I've called everyone I'm not getting very far but I'm not giving up I'm trying to keep it from happening to someone else. He has Yahoo email addresses he uses and a cell phone with NY area code

Re: www.air-shippingworldwide.com

Domain Name.......... air-shippingworldwide.com
    Creation Date........ 2006-03-07
    Registration Date.... 2006-03-07
    Expiry Date.......... 2007-03-07
    Organisation Name.... Robert Merrill
    Organisation Address. 15041 CR 235
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. Oronogo
    Organisation Address. 64855
    Organisation Address. MT
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Robert Merrill
    Admin Address........ 15041 CR 235
    Admin Address........
    Admin Address........ Oronogo
    Admin Address........ 64855
    Admin Address........ MT
    Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
    Admin Email.......... [email protected]
    Admin Phone.......... +1.4175254158
    Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
    Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
    Tech Address.........
    Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
    Tech Address......... 94089
    Tech Address......... CA
    Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
    Tech Email........... Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source
    Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
    Tech Fax.............
    Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
    Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com
    Scam signs:

1) registered only 15 days ago.
    2) registered with Yahoo domains.
    3) Phone number matches addres in the registrant information (as with the name) http://www.google.com/search?sa=X&oi...q=417-525-4158.. BUT:
    4) registered using a free email address that doesn't match the name of the registered owner
    5) had been previously been on spam blocklists : http://www.whois.sc/rbl/?ip=216.39.58.74

6) Site 'registered" to a US address, however site states that its based in the UK.
    as business name: Online Shipping WorldWide Ltd. Headquarters
    "United Kingdom Offices
    4 Eastbourne Road
    London N156NT
    United Kingdom

For Europe please call between 1 am-5 pm
    (London Time)at:+44 (0)1224 272282
    Europe
    6 Makri Street 117 42
    Athens, Greece
    Europe
    Via Monte Bello 8
    Milano 20128
    Italy "

Id just like to thank whoever originally posted about this scam. We almost put a lot of money into this to buy equipment and would have lost it all if not for seeing this. I did some research and all of the emails the guy used were fake, as well as the pictures. They were not in italy, but in the usa itself. He goes by the name of Jason Diaz and if any of your friends try to buy from him please stop them!! bobcat4sale.com is his website, the one with fake pictures. I even looked up his area code and just as one of the users said, it was New York. So thanks again to whoever posted that, you have no idea how much you helped.

-Alyssa-

I'd like to thank Suzanne (the original poster) about this. My parents own a farm and were about to buy a bobcat from this guy. He mentioned in his email to them an escrow/shipping site called www.exchange-shipping-worldwide.com. He also mentioned his site bobcat4sale.com.

My parents asked me to check into this for them, as they know I'm a decent scambuster. I did a few searches on the exchange-shipping-worldwide site (using different variations of search terms) and nothing came up. I knew then that it was a scam. Then I did a search on bobcat4sale and found this thread. That more than anything else convinced my folks that this was indeed a scam.

Funny thing is that I was on the phone with my folks at the same time they were talking to him. I heard my mom say..."and your name is Jason?" Then 2 minutes later I said to her the his name is Jason Diaz... they couldn't believe that I could find out that kind of information that fast. Thank g*d for the internet and for folks who warn others using venues like this.

I asked my folks to call up the FBI and see if they wanted to try to catch this guy in the act. Don't know if my folks will do that or not, or even if the FBI would be interested.

Thanks again for posting these. You sure are saving other people's butts. Sorry that you got scammed. Hopefully we can catch the jerk(s).

--tworivers