+ Reply to Thread

Thread: United Promedia

United Promedia

I just went to a financial conference where it was stated that you could buy 'publicity packs' for this company that would pay you a 40% return over the year. It looks like a duck and smells like a duck, anyone know if it is a duck ???? :confused:

Re: United Promedia

Quote Originally Posted by limeyheron
    I just went to a financial conference where it was stated that you could buy 'publicity packs' for this company that would pay you a 40% return over the year. It looks like a duck and smells like a duck, anyone know if it is a duck ???? :confused:

never heard of it.... but any company that makes a claim like that is something i wouldnt touch with a ten foot pole!

Hey to answer your question i gave it a shot....and so far they haven't stopped paying me so I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by limeyheron View Post
    I signed on with this company through "How to Retire in 30 days" in March 2005. They ( Robert K and Drew Miles) presented a way to sign up 2 pay sites with a minimum of $100 in each site to receive 5% return.

I then paid Drew $497 to setup a website for my promotional site. It turns out one website was created for everyone to post the dates and times of future presentations to invite your freinds to a meeting by Robert and Drew. They collect almost $500 per person to set up one website. When we confronted them the answer we received was it didn't work out as we had anticipated.

The United Pro-media side of the business paid me for new business as they agreed. However, I married and my husband got involved. To earn the 40% return on your money, you were required to invest $2000 per site and needed 2 sites. Thus, he made the initial investment of $200 plus the $4000.

The company has gone through rapid growth and it was reported that their computer system couldn't keep up. We were told product was on backorder.

We stopped our auto-shipment.

We have contacted our attorney who has written to Gary Calhoun. He denies doing any wrong even stating we didn't do our part by not promoting the product as agreed. This was totally incorrect. Part of the contract was that for invested monies we would receive product that was to be given away and the potential clients information was to be posted on our website. We did this All the information for the potential customers that we gave free product to is posted on UMP's backoffice page provided by UPM.