+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seeking GadgetCity / YFDirect corporate info

I have recently received a number of email ads for GadgetCity.com and other YFDirect sites and deals.

I would like to check them out better before I decided to go forward with anything.

Does anyone have their full corporate name and address (and state of incorporation)?

Thanks. :)

Re: Seeking GadgetCity / YFDirect corporate info

you may want to hold off on signing up for them since they are quite difficult to finish now

what about IOG?

what about them?

You should learn how to do a whois search.

Check out www.whois.sc
    I like stuff.

I got this from GadgetCity.com's web site -- the membership info page:

YF Direct, Inc., a California corporation, ("GADGETCITY.COM" or "we") may revise these terms from time to time, at our sole discretion, by updating this posting. Unless otherwise provided below, the revised terms will take effect when they are posted. Your continued use of the Service will signify your acceptance to the modified terms. Please review the terms on this website frequently to look for changes.

One problem: According to the California Secretary of State, there is no such corporation registered there.

I submit that no company that lies about something so basic as its state of incorporation should be trusted. But I'm funny that way.

Just wondering how easy or hard IOG is?

Quote Originally Posted by PackerJack
    I got this from GadgetCity.com's web site -- the membership info page:

YF Direct, Inc., a California corporation, ("GADGETCITY.COM" or "we") may revise these terms from time to time, at our sole discretion, by updating this posting. Unless otherwise provided below, the revised terms will take effect when they are posted. Your continued use of the Service will signify your acceptance to the modified terms. Please review the terms on this website frequently to look for changes.

One problem: According to the California Secretary of State, there is no such corporation registered there.

I submit that no company that lies about something so basic as its state of incorporation should be trusted. But I'm funny that way.
    You're also funny in the way that you don't know what you're talking about. The parent company of YF Direct is called NetBlue and it is registered in the state of california.
    I like stuff.

I know you are trying to be helpful, and I assume you are not a lawyer, but having a parent company does not absolve you from the requirement that your company must also be properly registered. I did not know that NetBlue was the "parent" of YF Direct. How can I prove this, if I need to?

Every company does not register all of the d/b/a and subsidiary names with the state in which they do business. Netblue makes no effort to hide the fact that they own YF Direct and when you get a check from them it typically says NetBlue on it.

If you want proof, you coudl try going to the YFDirect website and clicking on the "about" link, which will bring you to this page:

http://www.yfdirect.com/about.html
    I like stuff.

There is nothing on those web pages that provides any helpful information. In fact, they do not even provide address or telephone number info about YF Direct.

I think these guys are hiding from the law and running a scam.

ok i guess ill stick with the $2449 worth of gifts, and you can move along

Quote Originally Posted by PackerJack
    There is nothing on those web pages that provides any helpful information. In fact, they do not even provide address or telephone number info about YF Direct.

I think these guys are hiding from the law and running a scam.
    Yeah, it's a scam....You'll have to excuse the brevity of this post cause I have to go back to listening to my $12 iPod video from Gadget City and make another trip to the ATM to cash out my $2500 in giftcards from IOG, EFG, AFG and BigWin, which cost me a combined about $100.

Run dude, it's a SCAM!! Especially if you can't read the phone number on EVERY ONE OF THEIR DAMN SITES!!! Or for that matter, use the search function, or google, or 99% of your brain!!

Technically not possible . . . humans can only use about 10% of their brain. You are asking him to be super-human?

Quote Originally Posted by xPIGx
    Technically not possible . . . humans can only use about 10% of their brain. You are asking him to be super-human?
    Really? I did not know that about the human brain. Very interesting. I always thought that was an old wive's tale. Curious to see any real documentation or studies that shows that.

PS Not being a jerk -- honestly curious to know if it is really true.
    I like stuff.

[QUOTE=icojones]Really? I did not know that about the human brain. Very interesting. I always thought that was an old wive's tale. Curious to see any real documentation or studies that shows that.

PS Not being a jerk -- honestly curious to know if it is really true.[/QUOTI'm pretty sure that is not true, just an old wive's tale
    Check out this link-it's a kids' website but it explains it clearly:
    http://staff.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html