+ Reply to Thread

Music Download Scam

I signed up to MP3-freebie.com which was the first website to come up after entering "download music" at Google.

After registering I was sent a password and downloaded software called 360 Share Pro.

However after attempting to sign on to the site again the password they sent me was not accepted and subsequent requests for a replacement password have been ignored by MP3. I have sent two complaints to them and not received any reply.

The registration offer was 12 months subscription for $19.88. However they deducted $54 from my credit card for the cost of some spyware and Pro Version Upgrade - Music Codec Pack, both of which I didn't order.

As far as I'm concerned I WAS RIPPED OFF!!! and don't expect to receive any satisfaction from these scammers.

Please think twice before subscribing to MP3-freebie.com.

Regards

Nofreebie

Re: Music Download Scam

I just purchased this same software that is supposed to have all kinds of old programs that cannot be purchased anymore. I tried to use support and you cannot click on it, and they advertise that they have phone support and they don't. How did you finally get an email address to get your money back. I downloaded nothing from their site. Please tell me. I have already tried three of them and nothing.

Thank you

Keep a close eye on your credit card statements for unauthorized charges. This is just another scam that needs stopped and all of our attentions. You also need to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. Just type Internet Crime Complaint Center into the address bar and it should take you their. The only way to bring attention is to file, file and file. Talk until you are heard.
    Also notify the Credit Card Company of the fraud, not saying you will be credited but fraud is fraud. Make sure they do not authorize anymore payments to the company.

Good Luck and peace be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by nofreebie
    I signed up to MP3-freebie.com which was the first website to come up after entering "download music" at Google.

After registering I was sent a password and downloaded software called 360 Share Pro.

However after attempting to sign on to the site again the password they sent me was not accepted and subsequent requests for a replacement password have been ignored by MP3. I have sent two complaints to them and not received any reply.

The registration offer was 12 months subscription for $19.88. However they deducted $54 from my credit card for the cost of some spyware and Pro Version Upgrade - Music Codec Pack, both of which I didn't order.

As far as I'm concerned I WAS RIPPED OFF!!! and don't expect to receive any satisfaction from these scammers.

Please think twice before subscribing to MP3-freebie.com.

Regards

Nofreebie
    Contact your credit card company ASAP and cite FRAUD. Tell them that your password for entry to the site you pid for does not work and that all methods of conatct have been ignored and tell them that you have been charged for two products that you did not order.

Contact your credit card company ASAP.
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by nextinline
    Keep a close eye on your credit card statements for unauthorized charges. This is just another scam that needs stopped and all of our attentions. You also need to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. Just type Internet Crime Complaint Center into the address bar and it should take you their. The only way to bring attention is to file, file and file. Talk until you are heard.
    Also notify the Credit Card Company of the fraud, not saying you will be credited but fraud is fraud. Make sure they do not authorize anymore payments to the company.

Good Luck and peace be with you.
    Correct info, and here is the site you want http://www.ic3.gov/
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!