Whispering wind Guest

Why did jesus cry ?

Why did jesus cry ?

Whispering wind Guest

Re: Why did jesus cry ?

Well, when Lazarus died,

Martha and Mary,
    they cried over his body.

Jesus was able to see thoughts and feelings.

When Jesus saw their pain,

he couldn't help but cry, too.

So that's why Jesus wept.

We gotta realize that people
    make this community, this world

not $
    and $

It's the people.

And once you lose the people,
    you lose the neighborhood.

because he was sad

...lol

Because he realized he had failed, and his words would be used by the evil that lives in the thoughts of minds of people, to kill millions and ruin the lives of millions more for generations.
    Failure can make even a man weep.
    Stop dragging jesus into everything. Let him rest in peace.

umdkook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pancho
    Because he realized he had failed, and his words would be used by the evil that lives in the thoughts of minds of people, to kill millions and ruin the lives of millions more for generations.
    Failure can make even a man weep.
    Stop dragging jesus into everything. Let him rest in peace.
    INDEED!!

he was crying because he knew what would occur in his name after his death

Which Jesus? (I have a friend from Mexico named Jesus and I know for a fact he cried when his wife left him.) Jesus was according to Archeologists and theologians the most common name in Jerusalem 2000 years ago; there are no written records of any of them who resemble the Christian Jesus so which one of them cried?
    Best RG
    http://www.gnosisquest.com/phpBB2/

Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

Originally posted by Gnosisquest

Which Jesus? (I have a friend from Mexico named Jesus and I know for a fact he cried when his wife left him.) Jesus was according to Archeologists and theologians the most common name in Jerusalem 2000 years ago; there are no written records of any of them who resemble the Christian Jesus so which one of them cried?
    Best RG
    This is one of the more ridiculous posts I have read on this forum. I don't know if you are joking, but I hope so. The life of Jesus Christ is one of the most thoroughly documented pieces of ancient history; not just in the Bible either. Josephus Whrites at length abought Jesus in his The Antiquities and, moreso, in his Testimonium Flavianum. Jesus was also written about by Tacitus, Pliny the Younger and others.

These writings were written very close to the time of Jesus' life; and they were not written by Christians, but rather, by critics of Christianity and of Jesus himself. None of these writers make any reference to Jesus not having existed; they merely badmouth him. The denial of Christ's existence is a moronic contemporary theory held to only by academic nobodies.

The reliability of the existence of Jesus is about as reliable as the existence of Robin Hood and Bilbo Baggins! The falsifications in Josephus and others are not reliable but fraud!

Best RG

Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Gnosisquest
    Best RG

The Jesus that is the Messiah WILL shine through all the fabrication and
    confusion of the words of man, both in the Bible and since, to this day
    and to the end of time.

All will know who THIS JESUS, the CHRIST is, without question. No
    Ignorance, Evil or denial will ever over come the Messiah.

The only thing that anyone has to know for the proper orientation of their
    spirit is that Jesus CHrist is the one and only Messiah. In holding on to
    this throughout one's life is all that is needed. No other words or other
    considerations will EVER be needed.

The ANti-Christ curses this because it is the one thing on this Earth that
    it cannot prevail over, dominate, compromise.

The message is: that though the physical body descends into ruin,
    death and decay, be not sad, as the physical body is of the Earth;
    it is truly just dirt. THe Life Force that made it to stand erect, laugh,
    smile, talk, love and be happy, does not descend into Hell; which is
    the grave - such as the physical flesh body.

All that believe in Jesus the Christ will be with him in the end, for eternity.
    Those that believe that the spirit ceases, expires with the flesh body
    will descend into oblivion. This is the power of the one, the self: what -
    so ever you believe in, you make it true!

This cannot be won by anyone. It is just unconditionally given through
    the love of God. To deny it is the loss of the individual. It is there always,
    is not witheld for any reason or price, especially ALL of the conditions,
    considerations of man.

He was peeling onions for the last supper?

Originally posted by Gnosisquest

The reliability of the existence of Jesus is about as reliable as the existence of Robin Hood and Bilbo Baggins! The falsifications in Josephus and others are not reliable but fraud!
    There is no evidence to support this claim. This "fraud" claim is simply selective prejudiced criticism; it is the act deciding an outcome before even doing the research - a process which is scorned by real historians. All of the theories that Jesus was made up out of thin-air are based on a house of cards. There is overwhelming evidence for the existence of Christ - any reputable historian will tell you this.

Like I said, Jesus' life is perhaps the most thoroughly documented piece of ancient history. His biographies and non-biblical references were written so close to the time of his actual life, that the history of virtually any other ancient figure is almost laughable by comparison. For instance, the earliest known writings about Alexander the Great date to 400-500 years after his death - compare with 20-90 years for Jesus. There is more historical text concerning Jesus' deity, than there is that Julius Caesar ever even existed. These are facts.

Now if you want to deny Christ's deity, that is your prerogative. But his existence is supported by more evidence than any other ancient figure. If you want to say that Jesus' existence isn't supported by sufficent evidence, you have to say the same for Caesar, Alexander, Homer, Hannibal, etc, etc, etc, etc.......Jesus is supported by more evidence.

The myth that Jesus did not exist is just that - a myth. It is completely unfounded. Even GA Wells, who was at one time one of the biggest proponents for this ridiculous claim, has since changed his mind - he admits he was wrong. At least he can concede failure, unlike Timothy Freke, Peter Gandy, Earl Doherty and these other quack historians. They even go so far as to say that their work has never been refuted - This an out-and-out lie. It has been refuted many times (when real historians bother to use thier valuable time to answer these jerks); but the "Jesus myth" proponents have rarely ever even answered the earliest refutations of their "theory". They just continue to spout off more debunked nonsense without the faintest consideration for ethical historical research procedures.

The "Jesus Myth" is not a new theory, it has been precipitated for years by generation after generation of academic laughingstocks. And at every juncture it is completely debunked. Book-length scholarly refutes have been published in 1912 by Shirley J. Case The Historicity of Jesus, in 1914 by Fred C. Conybeare The Historical Christ, in 1926 by Maurice Goguel Jesus the Nazarene: Myth or History, in 1938 by Herbert Wood Did Christ Really Live?, in 1977 by Howard Marshall I Believe in the Historical Jesus, in 1986 by R.T. France The Evidence for Jesus, in 2000 by Robert Van Voorst Jesus Outside the New Testament.....There are more - Do some research.

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    The Jesus that is the Messiah WILL shine through all the fabrication and
    confusion of the words of man, both in the Bible and since, to this day
    and to the end of time.

All will know who THIS JESUS, the CHRIST is, without question. No
    Ignorance, Evil or denial will ever over come the Messiah.

The only thing that anyone has to know for the proper orientation of their
    spirit is that Jesus CHrist is the one and only Messiah. In holding on to
    this throughout one's life is all that is needed. No other words or other
    considerations will EVER be needed.

The ANti-Christ curses this because it is the one thing on this Earth that
    it cannot prevail over, dominate, compromise.

The message is: that though the physical body descends into ruin,
    death and decay, be not sad, as the physical body is of the Earth;
    it is truly just dirt. THe Life Force that made it to stand erect, laugh,
    smile, talk, love and be happy, does not descend into Hell; which is
    the grave - such as the physical flesh body.

All that believe in Jesus the Christ will be with him in the end, for eternity.
    Those that believe that the spirit ceases, expires with the flesh body
    will descend into oblivion. This is the power of the one, the self: what -
    so ever you believe in, you make it true!

This cannot be won by anyone. It is just unconditionally given through
    the love of God. To deny it is the loss of the individual. It is there always,
    is not witheld for any reason or price, especially ALL of the conditions,
    considerations of man.

Wow, do they have you fooled; do you actually believe that rhetoric? I feel sorry for you. If you are interesting I am in the process of posting a complete refutation of Judaism, Christianity and Islam at http://bloggerparty.com/blog/gnosisquest

Remember, faith without knowledge is "blind faith"! Your blind faith makes you no better than lemmings following each other over a cliff!

Best RG

ya know what!?i was hanging on cause whisperingwind asked a question he did not answer himself!?but alas..IT DID NOT LAST!?if only all questions would LAST till GOD ANSWERED!?why would any FOOL INTERVENE!?like ME of course!?SORRY!?nevermind!?hehe!!
    Last edited by lexx; 03-26-2006 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whispering wind
    Why did Jesus cry ?
    Jesus cries, because, in spite of the opportunities laid before you, you fail to take the opportunity. Jesus cries because you have not fulfilled your purpose. Jesus cries because you "just don't get it". Now that you know - will you do something about it? Be a better person.

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Jesus cries, because, in spite of the opportunities laid before you, you fail to take the opportunity. Jesus cries because you have not fulfilled your purpose. Jesus cries because you "just don't get it". Now that you know - will you do something about it? Be a better person.
    just because you state a premise(now you know).who knows!?/how do you know who knows!?then "you" EXACT a DEMAND!?what will you/who do about it!?means what!?/to whom!?and if this is directed to whispering wind,then are you implying that "you" have faced this same delimna and have become a "'better" person!?and if so,what have you sacrificed for same!?what have you accomplished in the name of "BETTER PERSON" and what is the reward you have achieved!?in this life or the next!?hehe!!i like the feather/heritage? thing!!hehe!!

Lexx - Now I remember why I had you on "block". I like your avitar, though - calm, flowing, muted colors, simple design...very nice. Unfortunately - I haven't got a clue what you are trying to say.....let's say it's my loss. I'll just have to learn to live with it, I guess. I will always wonder if you actually had something meaningful to contribute. I may loose sleep over it....no, I don't think I will..............