+ Reply to Thread

I need help!! What is REAL out there?

G'day there all,
    Firstly, thankyou to all of you who have already enlightened me to what 'to be wary of' out there!!!
    I am as my name suggests - DESPERATE to find a decent company to enrol with. I am rather a novice and need as much help as I can muster.
    Can ANYONE out there reccommend a business to get into. I am prepared to work hard and do what it takes, but I can't afford to lose any more money on these scammy projects!!!!
    Can't we all batten together and make a "go of it" together?
    I am constantly getting messages from SO many "like' minded people who are honestly wanting a REAL opportunity but we are getting lured by these scam merchants and it's hard to seperate the good from the bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any comments and/or advice appreciated
    Last edited by desperatehousewife; 03-17-2006 at 07:22 AM.

krypt Guest

Re: I need help!! What is REAL out there?

I've heard a lot of people make money with an ebay business, you might want to look into that. you can also try setting up an affiliate website and make money as an affiliate marketer, for more info on that go to: http://www.associateprograms.com . As far as joining any program, or company, just make sure you research the company first before investing any money into it. Thats all the advice I think I can give, you lucky I was bored enough to even respond. But I hoped this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
    G'day there all,
    Firstly, thankyou to all of you who have already enlightened me to what 'to be wary of' out there!!!
    I am as my name suggests - DESPERATE to find a decent company to enrol with. I am rather a novice and need as much help as I can muster.
    Can ANYONE out there reccommend a business to get into. I am prepared to work hard and do what it takes, but I can't afford to lose any more money on these scammy projects!!!!
    I am constantly getting messages from SO many "like' minded people who are honestly wanting a REAL opportunity but we are getting lured by these scam merchants and it's hard to seperate the good from the bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi there. I can not really recommend a company for you to enrol with but you do need to be aware that with almost every company there will be expenses. There are alot of different avenues you could try but it depends on where your particular interests lay. If you are interested in having a home based business using your computer/internet then some members here have talked about affiliate advertsing - but there are costs involved with advertising and I am not sure how much $$$ one actually makes in profit by doing this type of business. There are also a variety of different MLM companies but again there are expenses and you would need to do your homework by checking out the products and the comp plan etc. Make sure it is a product you believe in and then it is easier to promote. I have also heard some members talk about autosurf and also selling items on EBay but to be honest I do not know anything about this. If you are looking for a home based typing job then there are legitimate companies, I believe, but very difficult to get as lots of people are wanting this type of work. Other things you could consider - if you are particularly looking for work you could do at home - childcare, home catering business, ironing, or even mending/sewing.

I am fairly new to this site too and I am sorry I could not be more help.

1. Walk out of house
    2. Go to newsstand
    3. Purchase newspaper
    4. Look at Help Wanted section
    5. Circle interesting jobs with a writing device
    6. Call those jobs until you get hired
    I like stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
    G'day there all,
    As much as I hate to say it, many, if not all of the "Career Opportunities" that you'll find Online and on Television are designed to do one thing - make money for those promoting it. Everyone's trying to make a buck.

My advice would be to start a business of your own - using whatever skills you may have. Don't start by buying an "eBook that tells you everything you need to know!" ... experiment by yourself, find a message board with other work at home housewives, and see what works.

Don't "find a company to work with" ... become the company that others want to work with.

I'm reminded of a documentary I saw the other day on Paula Dean (yes, the woman from the Food Network). She started her empire by selling sandwhiches out of her car, now look at where she is.

Bonsai

scamnemesis is offline I am a professional female a-hole! User Rank

I know what u mean, desperate. I got sucked into a few scams and feel like a fool. But gosh when u need to make money and u are desperate it is easy to be had. No I cannot go out and get a job because I have a disability, any job I could get outside my home would not make enough money to make ends meet, by far. I am battling the biggest scam of all the SSDI system, sorry but thats my opinion. So i too am looking to the Internet to make money. I have tried Ebay, that is hard without feedback, people worry u r a crook.

With every online opportunity, or at least 99% of them, some person or another is going to think that the opportunity is a scam. You are on scam.com looking for a business opportunities/advice.

I would advise you to head over to google and research opportunities there as well. Its rare that you are going to find an opinion that is unbiased......... but, with proper research, you WILL find something that works for you. Use common sense, dont be fooled by a slick sales pitch, and unrealistic income expectations.

There are plenty of other online home business forums you can check out. I would head to wahm.com. There is a wealth of information on there, which should help get you started in the research department. Find a few things that sound like something you would be interested in, research them on forums, research them on google. Then, make your decision. Make sure you are comfortable with the person you are speaking with........ that person will be the one training you (most likely). Be intelligent with your decisionmaking... use your head. and a lot of common sense.

Good luck!