+ Reply to Thread

euro-dollar warrants

I was contacted last week by a Mr David Steel (or should the spelling be Steal) from Hartford Management Group who explained to me that despite his American accent he was infact a Swedish national. He went on to tell me how Iran was switching all its oil revenues from US dollars into Euros - this he said would provide me with a golden opportunity to invest in the demise of the dollar. Mr Steel (or should that be Steal) continued with a concise insight into warrants, invited me to look at his company's website growhartford.com (using a special pass code 101), promised to email me some details and would have a colleague phone me while he was away at an international conference. :cool:

When no email arrived, I thought I would have a peep at his company's website. Unfortunately growhartford.com appears to be linked to a completely unrelated site and I had no better luck with HartfordManagementGroup.com but there was a site for Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection & Insurance Company. ;)

The good news is that I haven't exactly lost all contact with my newly found Swedish investment guru. I received a call this very morning from Mr John Phillips of JP Associates (another gentleman with a strong American accent). When his name didn't seem to register with me, he explained that some times he gets confused because he had only recently joined his new company - Hartford Management Group. :confused:

Unfortunately, this post reports a sad end for American-Swedish-British international relations because I had to decline Mr Phillips offer of investment advice. I'm sure I made the right decsion - unless anyone knows different? :rolleyes:

Re: euro-dollar warrants

Definitely sounds like a scam to me - Could you get back to the seemingly legit URL that they led you to? Scary how efficient they are getting at using the internet - I bet a lot of peopel fall for it.

Re: Markus Western

I have a new friend in my life, he is called Christian Baker. :D

Christian rang me out of the blue one day last week to see if he could help me with my investments. I am obviously at an age when passersby are inclined to stop and help you across the street.

Christian told me that he worked as an account executive for an investment company called Markus Western and explained how his company's analysts spent absolutely years tracking companies that will show a return of 25% to 50% over the next 12 months. Moreover, Christian, would hold my hand throughtout the process telling me when to invest and when to sell. And the good news was that Christian's commission would be performance related. A sort of no gain - no pain arrangement. Christian promised to email details of Markus Western but when nothing was forthcoming, I thought that was the end of the matter. :rolleyes:

Christian was on the phone today to tell me that his analysts had selected a suitable investment and wanted to know how much I would be willing to invest. Boosting my confidence, Christian told me that Markus Western was regulated by Swiss Law. :confused:

Christian has promised to call me tomorrow after I had a chance to look at the MW website. However, a Google search revealed that others keep getting calls from a chap at Markus Western. The company is apparently based in Geneva. The tips to date seem to be:

General Components GCPO on the nasdaq
    Plasma Wharehouse an IPO
    MNDS, apparently based in Canada

Unfortunately, the future doesn't look exactly promising for British-Swiss investments. :(

Hi Mickeymouse,

JP Associates is actually JP Stuart & Associates, a company that as recently changed it's name to Hartford Management Group www.grouphartford.com because of the bad publicity caused by this FSA warning:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re.../jp_stuart.pdf

Another names used by the company is Carlton Webber www.carltonwebber.com

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=9885044

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re...erseas.shtml#c

Regards Rub

Thank you for the additional information rub1. Strangely, I looked at the grouphartford website and took that to be a different organisation!

Presumably because my telephone number is doing the rounds, I'm receiving quite a few new 'contacts'. These might provide one or two interesting posts for the future...

They rang me about a month ago, and that was the site that Sam Richards (cocky yank) (Tel +34.934456730) gave me. Somehow I think we are both on the same list of potential investors, so far this year I have been cold called by all these boiler rooms:

Zen Investments www.zen-invest.com selling Mobilestream Oil & Gas,
    Anglo Swiss Consulting www.angloswissconsulting.ch selling Sim4 Travel,
    Burgmann Advisory www.burgmann-advisory.com selling Turquoise Developments,
    Warren Group www.warrengroup.net selling Hydrograin,
    Morgan Advisory selling Art IT and Aquatech,
    Grandby Trading Investment Corporation www.grandbytrading.com selling Allied Energy,
    Marshall Lambert Group www.marshalllambertgroup.com selling Universal Delivery Systems,
    Hartford Management Group www.grouphartford.com pushing currency trading.

Once you find out that they are all breaking the FSA rules, by cold calling you with financial services, then it's obvious that they are all financial scams. If any of them ring you feel free to post the details, but possibly on a new thread.

Thanks once again rub1

Regards
    MickeyMouse

Avoid Group Hartford or whatever they are calling themselves these days. One day, when I can compose myself, I might give the whole story, but right now, as I stare at a what looks like a dreadful con perpetrated against myself, I am too messed up by it to go into details.

Group Hartford

These are criminals operting a con. They offer what appears to be a very professional service and I have to admit they were on top of their subject. They use high pressure selling tactics. They know what they are doing and are skilled at extracting money from you. They have scammed 100s of individuals. They are also mentioned on other 'scam' sites. I have lost a lot of money but will eventually get over it.

They have been operating for a while and have appeared under different names. The message is if someone cold calls you selling currency options, tell them where to go in the strongest terms! Before commiting to anything do you research thoroughly and know your rights.

Their site was live last friday but was gone on monday.

10. 07-14-2006, 08:22 PM

My friends family have invested in Turquoise Developments and Transglobal Oil (mentioned above by Rub1), does anyone have anymore info on these companys, or Jefferson Holt who sold the shares? I have started a new thread about this here http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=220957#post220957