+ Reply to Thread

Why Did BushCo Destroy Iraq And Murder Thousands?

This is largely a moot question. It's staggering that there are some people who are so incredibly stupid and gullible that they are even still willing to swallow BushCo lies and fairytales about force feeding Democracy to the Iraqis. It's clear that Bush is certifiably insane and eveybody who is reasonably informed knows it. The remaining few who persist in their delusions and denial about the BushCo Crime Wave should be either inmates in a nut ward right along with Bush or should be declared incompetent, rounded up and put into special remedial re-programming centers since they are just too dumb and incompetent to participate in a Democratic society. Our forefathers didn't believe in universal suffrage. The past 5 years clearly demonstrates why. There should be an IQ test required before people are handed voter registration cards.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Why Did Bush Destroy Iraq?
    by Paul Craig Roberts

March 20 is the third anniversary of the Bush regime's invasion of Iraq. U.S. military casualties to date are approximately 20,000 killed, wounded, maimed, and disabled. Iraqi civilian casualties number in the tens of thousands. Iraq's infrastructure is in ruins. Tens of thousands of homes have been destroyed. Fallujah, a city of 300,000 people, had 36,000 of its 50,000 homes destroyed by the U.S. military. Half of the city's former population are displaced persons living in tents.

Thousands of Iraqis have been detained in prisons, and hundreds have been brutally tortured. America's reputation in the Muslim world is ruined.

The Bush regime expected a short "cakewalk" war to be followed by the imposition of a puppet government and permanent U.S. military bases. Instead, U.S. military forces are confronted with an insurgency that has denied control over Iraq to the U.S. military. Chaos rules, and civil war may be coming on top of the insurgency.

On March 9, U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, the man who has been totally wrong about Iraq, told Congress that if the unprecedented violence in Iraq breaks out in civil war, the U.S. will rely primarily on Iraq's security forces to put down civil war.

What Iraqi security forces? Iraq does not have a security force. The Shia have a security force, the Sunnis have a security force, and the Kurds have a security force. The sectarian militias control the streets, towns, and cities. If civil war breaks out, the "Iraqi security force" will dissolve into the sectarian militias, leaving the U.S. military in the middle of the melee.

Is this what "support the troops" means?

President Bush's determination to remain in Iraq despite the obvious failure of the attempted occupation puts Bush at odds with the American public and with our troops. Polls show that a majority of Americans believe that the invasion of Iraq was a mistake and that our troops should be withdrawn. An even larger majority of the troops themselves believe they should be withdrawn.

Yet Bush, who is incapable of admitting a mistake, persists in a strategic blunder that is turning into a catastrophe.

Bush's support has fallen to 34 percent.

The war's out-of-pocket cost to date is approximately $300 billion – every dollar borrowed from foreigners. Economic and budgetary experts have calculated that the ultimate cost of Bush's Iraq war in terms of long-term care for veterans, interest on borrowed money, and resources diverted from productive uses will be between $1 trillion and $2 trillion.

What is being achieved for this enormous sacrifice?

No one knows.

Every reason we have been given for the Iraqi invasion has proved to be false. Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction. Reports from UN weapons inspectors, top level U.S. intelligence officials, Secretary of the Treasury Paul O'Neill, and leaked top-secret documents from the British cabinet all make it unequivocally clear that the Bush regime first decided to invade Iraq and then looked around for a reason.

Saddam Hussein had no terrorist connection to Osama bin Laden and no role in the 9/11 attack. Hussein was a secular ruler totally at odds with bin Laden's Islamist aims. Every informed person in the world knew this.

When the original justifications for the U.S. invasion collapsed, Bush said that the reason for the invasion was to rid Iraq of a dictator and to put a democracy in its place. Despite all the hoopla about democracy and elections, no Iraqi government has been able to form, and the country is on the brink of civil war. Some Middle East experts believe that violence will spread throughout the region.

The brutal truth is that America's responsibility is extreme. We have destroyed a country and created political chaos for no reason whatsoever.

Seldom in history has a government miscalculated as badly as Bush has in Iraq. More disturbingly, Bush shows no ability to recover from his mistake. All we get from our leader is pigheaded promises of victory that none of our military commanders believe.

Our entire government is lost in confusion. One day Vice President Cheney and Defense Secretary Rumsfeld tell us that we are having great success in training an Iraqi military and will be able to begin withdrawing our troops in a year. The next day they tell us that we will be fighting the war for decades.

Bush's invasion of Iraq was a mistake. Bush's attempt to cover up his mistake with patriotism will ultimately discredit patriotism.

America has to be big enough to admit a mistake and bring it to an end.
    Last edited by dante; 03-14-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Re: Why Did BushCo Destroy Iraq And Murder Thousands?

If you were President of the United States of America, and a Texan, (a gun in every truck) and some one had put out a contract to have your father killed, you’d move Heaven and Hell to get his arse too.

I am not pushing gun control here; I have a concealed weapons permit and think every one should have that right, except for felons.

I am not saying all Texan's are Mafia like, but I lived there once and they are a different breed.

Add to that the unreal opportunity for Halliburton to make billions and billions, once again a Texas, Lone Star state good ol boy company, and war was never a question, it was always a plan.

What amazes me most is that George W. seems not to care at all that history will list him as one of the most unpopular, dishonest, miss calculated, uninformed, law breaking, war mongering, Presidents in the U.S. ever. Even Richard Nixon may have some one listed above him on the list of the worst of the worst.

Once he is out of office, and if a Democrat is our next President (as not to order sealing of all the records needed to see just how bad George W. really was) things will start coming out while he is still alive, and he will carry this with him for the rest of his life. One day these will all (Iraq, wire taps, ect) be over and his incompetence will be impossible to hide.

Texas has wanted to secede from the U.S. ever since they became a state. To elect one of them as President, I think we got what we deserve.

I also see us being forced into another vote of the lesser of two evils in 2008. Will we ever see a Presidential candidate worthy of our vote? Money is the root of all evil, now money buys you a term in office, be it Congress, the Senate, or the White House. We will never have the country we all want until the rich have no advantage over the poor while running for office. But the fox is running the hen house and we must sit back and watch this great nation be destroyed, not by our enemy’s abroad, but by the very people sworn to protect it.

JMO

Open Letter To King Bush

Mr. Bush, (I do not address you as Mr. President because American presidents are elected; they do not become president via election fraud!)

It is painfully obvious, and embarrassing, that your lack of intellect has led the world towards peril on many levels. While it would take a lifetime to educate you about general issues I thought you may have time to learn at least one thing before your term in office is up.

Please see the dictionary definition for the term “civil war”, which I took the time to look up for you.

civil war
    n.
    1. A war between factions or regions of the same country.
    2. A state of hostility or conflict between elements within an organization:

Now I know you have a habit of “dismissing” facts, evidence, expert opinion (other that that which agrees with your non-expert opinion), history, logic or any actual instances of reality. Perhaps however, you may want to take a look at the definition which I provided for you and you may want to have your PNAC administration alter their ideological agenda so that they can address the situation in Iraq appropriately. Maybe just this one time they can invite reality into their dream land of ideology.

I ask you to consider this on behalf of the families of the military personnel who are serving, have served and will serve in Iraq; many of whom are dead, will die, and will suffer long term psychological trauma and physical atrocities (a result of the use of nuclear weapons in Iraq…depleted uranium). Perhaps you can ease the pain and suffering your bait and switch invasion of Iraq is causing.

By “bait and switch” I refer to the deceptive tactic you used to sell America a war. You claimed that invading Iraq was necessary to protect us from WMD’s and a growing Iraqi threat, but the product you delivered was labeled Operation Iraqi Freedom. Democratizing Iraq’s was not a cause for which the American people were willing to go to war. Nice little switch, Mr. Bush…our intellectually challenged red states never even noticed!
    I implore you to absorb this one piece of information into your otherwise dormant brain. There is a civil war going on in Iraq at this very minute. Try to understand that.

You may very well complete your term (possibly without ending up in prison), without having vetoed even a single bill passed by Congress; but do you really want to be the first person to occupy the Oval Office for two terms without learning even a single thing? Come on, you can do it…it is only one little definition. Ask Condi to read it to you if you have trouble pronouncing the words! Think about it! – Jesse, Editor, TvNewsLIES.org

Posted by Jesse on Tuesday, March 14th, 2006 at 11:05 am.

Quote Originally Posted by dante
    Why Did BushCo Destroy Iraq And Murder Thousands?
    The answer is simple, they did it to get the oil. I think this is more than obvious.
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by BAILEYSCREAMS_REVENGE
    The answer is simple, they did it to get the oil. I think this is more than obvious.
    It's a rhetorical question. But I don't think oil is the only motive. Lucky for The Bush Regime, Saddam just happens to be a rather nasty character which has helped to give them some cover among the less perspicacious of the American public as BushCo switched from false pretexts to lame excuses.

umdkook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BAILEYSCREAMS_REVENGE
    it seems you are more educated than most of us here on this forum. can you please explain to us what companies are in control of the Iraqi oil. can you please expain to us where the oil money goes to. can you please explain to us how Iraqi oil benefits the US??

umdkook Guest

granted it would be a lot easier for the public to know what xaclty the Iraqi oil goes to, but to think the war was started over oil is dumb.

umdkook Guest

granted it would be a lot easier for the public to know what exaclty the Iraqi oil goes to, but to think the war was started over oil is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    granted it would be a lot easier for the public to know what exaclty the Iraqi oil goes to, but to think the war was started over oil is dumb.
    Its a flippant way of looking at it war=oil, there is some truth in there.
    Certainly having a hand somewhere on this planets resources is a motivating factor to the forces that are behind Bush&Co. Its certainly not the full story tho'
    But now it just seems to be lies to cover the lies, that cover the lies from last year, and the lies from the year before etc etc.
    They have no idea what they are doing that is obvious, but staying in power is all that matters now to them, to have the controlling hand, the final say, owning rubber stamp that gives approval.

They are a blight, and so are all the a*#@ kissing cronies who feed their madness. But when they depart expect the US to sink into the economic doldrums they have made such a mess. There may be relief to see them gone, but I just believe a lot of chickens will come home to roost and they wont be around to cop the blame..... anyone want a wager on that?

umdkook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pancho
    Its a flippant way of looking at it war=oil, there is some truth in there.
    Certainly having a hand somewhere on this planets resources is a motivating factor to the forces that are behind Bush&Co. Its certainly not the full story tho'
    But now it just seems to be lies to cover the lies, that cover the lies from last year, and the lies from the year before etc etc.
    They have no idea what they are doing that is obvious, but staying in power is all that matters now to them, to have the controlling hand, the final say, owning rubber stamp that gives approval.

They are a blight, and so are all the a*#@ kissing cronies who feed their madness. But when they depart expect the US to sink into the economic doldrums they have made such a mess. There may be relief to see them gone, but I just believe a lot of chickens will come home to roost and they wont be around to cop the blame..... anyone want a wager on that?
    no doub about that, but to say it all boils down to oil is strange.

umdkook Guest

wait nevermind, its not strange.....

its ignorant. ignorant to basic facts.

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    no doub about that, but to say it all boils down to oil is strange.

wait nevermind, its not strange.....

its ignorant. ignorant to basic facts.
    I absoultely agree 100%. It has nothing to do with oil whatsoever. Just because the last war on Iraq was about oil [see Kuwait] doesn't mean this war is about oil.

President Bush told us it was about WMDs that were an immediate threat to us inthe United States and I believed him! He told us about not having to wait for the mushroom cloud! Damn straight! Better get rid of all those trigger happy "rag heads" before they learn how to build a nuke! While we're at it... we should liberate them. I am a complete proponent of democracy and I thoroughly believe that we should go to war with Iraq, and any other unliberated/undemocratic nation in order to liberate them! In the end.... my car runs fine on Iraqi oil!

... Even if it is Iranian oil.

Well in that case let's see if we ever go to Myanmar anytime soon.

They did elect a democratic president who was then imprisoned by the military. But wait, they don't have much oil or anything else beneficial there.

umdkook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BatarngForce
    I absoultely agree 100%. It has nothing to do with oil whatsoever. Just because the last war on Iraq was about oil [see Kuwait] doesn't mean this war is about oil.

President Bush told us it was about WMDs that were an immediate threat to us inthe United States and I believed him! He told us about not having to wait for the mushroom cloud! Damn straight! Better get rid of all those trigger happy "rag heads" before they learn how to build a nuke! While we're at it... we should liberate them. I am a complete proponent of democracy and I thoroughly believe that we should go to war with Iraq, and any other unliberated/undemocratic nation in order to liberate them! In the end.... my car runs fine on Iraqi oil!

... Even if it is Iranian oil.
    i sense sarcasm, hmmm?

ok well lets say it was/is about oil. what does that really mean??? lots of people just throw it out there without actually knowing what they are saying.
    the war was for oil....

what does that mean??? does that really mean the money???? who will get the money??? Conoco Phillips???? Chevron??? Bush???? the war is costing in the billions of $. oil companies do in fact make millions, ten of millions, and some years, one hundred million $ in profit, so that would mean ten years from now maybe they can get 1$ billion---wow only 200 more years to go before that deal holds out. thats assuming the oil companies can somehow "pay back" the government, or Bush, or whoever else they are doing shady deals with without public scrutiny, whistelblowers, or pesky reporters snooping around, over 200 years. maybe the oil companies would do a lot better once they get Iraqi oil fields, and then profits would increase ten fold. so nevermind that pesky 200 years to get even, now its only 20 years. wow, Bush will be 70 something, Cheney will be long dead, and US interests in Iraq (lasting 20 years?? please....a hummer doesnt even last 20 days there without getting bombed) will be defunct.

what else could it mean??? oil rights, oil contracts?? to whom??? who will be in control of the oil??? isnt the oil being used to rebuild Iraq's infrastructure??? surely someone or some agency is in charge of monitoring oil revenues. Iraq is getting worse and worse so i hear (i have never been there so i dont know, maybe we never even invaded and its all a lie, who knows?) so the oil money is just gonna keep getting sucked into the quicksand of Iraqi infrastructure. iraqi infrastructures either get bombed by "insuergents", or become collateral damage from US airstrikes. its a never ending chain of events, looping around constantly. we build a school, we destroy a water processing plant. we build a new plant, but the school gets blown up....shnikeys!

what else could the term "no blood for oil" mean??? the war was started over oil. hmmmm. The government wouldnt own the oil, as the government is not a business, it doesnt operate oil fields. maybe army corps of engineers, but surely jobs like managing oil fields would be contracted out to american companies who specialize in such operations. maybe that its??? the contracting companies get rich, the government gets rich off their bribes/taxes/whatever other payments. hmmm. spends hundreds of billions so some privately owned, albeit personal friendly owned, oil operating companies can make some millions (millions, NOT billions). so is it the lobbying of big oil companies??? no, cant be. not enough money. one year of oil profits=10 drone aircrafts and 20 laser guided missiles, it just doesnt add up.

what would the government benefit from more oil at i would think cheaper prices (otherwise whats the point?)?? more oil for their tanks and jets???? maybe.more oil for us citizens for our cars???? hmmm also maybe. how would that work though?? the army refuels their own tanks, the air force their own jets, the navy their own ships, but us citizens buy double priced oil from oil companies. isnt gas different than oil?? you get gas from oil right??? what good is oil???

im confused now, i thought i knew what i was saying, but i guess not. ill leave it the public to think for me.

so is it all about blood for oil???? maybe, just maybe.