+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Scam? Child Safety Inc. Anyone know?

I applied to a job posted on Monster and received an auto-reply to call and schedule an interview. The URL beginning date is July 27, 2005, but the website www.childsafetyinc.com. Has anyone heard of/worked for them? I received the Impact WWW mass email mailing, so now I am a little weary! Thanks for your help.
    P.S. This is on the internet scam as well. I posted it on the wrong place. Sorry to anyone who has stumbled over both!

Re: Scam? Child Safety Inc. Anyone know?

any "job" that replies instantly, is a scam. A true employer would not email you, but contact you via your phone and/or snail mail you. Offers through emails are just "the worm on the hook" to lure "prospective" people, even though you are probably not what they are looking for. Dont fall for it. All my job offers came with a phone call and a snail mailed letter offering a job, and they came within a week or so after I posted my resume. That's the sign of a legit and a well meaning company looking to hire. And all the jobs offered were for positions that I was qualified to do, targeted, not generic as with these "mass email" offers.

Its hard to say on this:
    1) what is the intent of the website, and what did your resume say you were qualified to do?
    2) What was tje job they offered you? Was it targeted to what you know and can do?
    3) the site is registered to a :
    Carty, John (npinewyourk@aol.com)
    94C East Jefryn Blvd
    Deer Park, New York 11729
    United States
    (631) 860-0231
    For me, Im always leary about websites registered to pretty much a throw-away email address (aol since they allow you to have 6 and can throw them away at a whim).
    4) looking at hte description of careers on their site, it looks like a typical "group" job; meaning they hire a bunch of people at one time for the same thing, and hope that many wil ldrop out. Its a very questionable way of hiring.

Up to you. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Thank you very much. I am 99% sure it is a scam. Just been looking for a job for a long time!!!!

Child Safety Inc is a scam!!!!

I was able to pull up their original website through TRIPOD. It is a mass emailing bunch of crap. On Monster it is advertised as making sure children's toys are safe. On Career Builder it is advertised as an advertising firm. Here's the letter:
    Congratulations

After reviewing your resume, we were impressed with your background and
    you are a candidate that we have selected for a preliminary interview.
    At this stage of the interview process, we would like to have you meet
    face to face with someone from our management team to explain more
    about our company and the positions currently available. Child Safety
    Inc. and Associates, with over 18 years of experience, located in
    Glenview is Chicago's Leader in Child Safety Promotions for non-profit
    organizations. We represent such clients as Drug Abuse Resistance
    Education (D.A.R.E.), United Care USA, and U.S. Marine Corp. Reserve
    Toys for Tots Program. The child safety literature, the fingerprinting
    program, and our medical ID cards that we offer free to the community
    makes us unique in our endeavor to make the world a safer place and
    help out organizations in need.

Our 100% promotion from within philosophy offers a diversity of career
    opportunities and growth potential. We are looking to fill 10 openings
    in our management-training program, 2 customer service positions, and
    one receptionist/administrator position. Hands on training will
    include safety event- promotions, public relations, customer-service
    and management skills. We are looking for hard working individuals who
    like to deal with people and are looking for a rewarding career
    opportunity.

We will be interviewing this week, so please respond to this email or
    phone 847-486-8880 for a date and time. We will be interviewing
    morning and afternoon, so please let me know which would be most
    convenient for you.

Thank you,
    Vicky
    Human Resources Manager

epsdirect Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wizywyg
    any "job" that replies instantly, is a scam. A true employer would not email you, but contact you via your phone and/or snail mail you.
    OMG, simple word, say it with me; autoresponder!

Impact Worldwide Guy Guest

So what!

Some companies recruit lot of people and use technology to do it. Tht does not make them a scam.

Bell,

Two reasons you have been unemployed for as long as you have

Your to dumb to get out of your own way.

You, my wife, and I received the letter from Impact. You can to this site and read what someone ignorant of the facts wrote and decided you had been saved, and ignored the email.

My wife and I applied and used our common sense. In the last month we earned over $15,000 working from home and you are still looking for a job.

Now I donít know anything about Child Safety and they may very well be a scam, but many companies do mass recruiting and that does not make them a scam.

Keep in mind on thing though. The purpose of this site is NOT to protect you from scams. It is to get you to come here often and click those Google ads advertising work from home. That is this sites source of income.

Impact Worldwide Guy,
    I guess you are too much of a moron for your own good. I am not unemployed. I am a college student with a part time job looking for a CAREER. So keep your mouth shut until you know all the facts. Obviously, you do not have a degree, that's why you work at Impact. Another thing, if you are trying to shorten my email address, the word is belle, not bell. As in beautiful in French. So until you educate yourself, don't write about information you know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by epsdirect
    OMG, simple word, say it with me; autoresponder!
    posting a resume to a site like careerbuilder or hotjobs or whatever job listing site, shouldn't activate an autoresponder or any of the like. legit job offers do not come via email. Sincere job offers are offered via a phone call via the contact number on a resume or a snail mail letter. A company who resorts to email potential job applicants need to re-evaluate their hiring procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by Impact Worldwide Guy
    So what!

Some companies recruit lot of people and use technology to do it. Tht does not make them a scam.
    any company that relies on a non-guaranteed form of communication is a company that is doomed to fail. Email is not a viable form of communication, as email can be lost; bounced, and servers god forbid be overrun by OTHER spammed job offers by the same ilk. Any company relying on email as a means to contact people are run by morons.

if an email is sent, it should be followed up no more than 24 hours later with a DIRECT phone call to the applicant, and/or a snail mail within a week of posting a resume by the applicant.

Two reasons you have been unemployed for as long as you have

Your to dumb to get out of your own way.
    YOU have no clue who he is, or what he is doing currently. God, you show how ignorant you are with every post you make.

NO where in his posting did he say he was unemployed or for how long. God forbid, that he could be a college student, or someone looking to swithc jobs, or change their careers. NO you must automatically conclude that he is unemployed and must have been for some time. Grow up.

You, my wife, and I received the letter from Impact. You can to this site and read what someone ignorant of the facts wrote and decided you had been saved, and ignored the email.
    Can anyone deciper this? And who's the one who says someone else is dumb? What are you trying to say here?

You, my wife and i received a letter from impact? Where did Belle state that he received a letter from Impact? He stated that he received a spam email from Impact. Not only are you unable to write in english you also have poor reading comprehension.

And for those of you who receive spam, remember to take the Boulder Pledge

Never do business with spammers. ImpactWW are spammers. Spammers are criminals. Remember that.

My wife and I applied and used our common sense. In the last month we earned over $15,000 working from home and you are still looking for a job.
    Uh huh, proof? you've yet to provide anything verifiable that you do earn that much. I bet you haven't reported your "new found" income to IRS either.

Now I donít know anything about Child Safety and they may very well be a scam, but many companies do mass recruiting and that does not make them a scam.
    shows what you know.

Keep in mind on thing though. The purpose of this site is NOT to protect you from scams. It is to get you to come here often and click those Google ads advertising work from home. That is this sites source of income.
    god forbid are you a ****ing moron.
    Last edited by Wizywyg; 03-15-2006 at 01:03 AM.

Wizywig-you rock!!!!!!!!! I refuse to be insulted by that idiot who cannot spell.
    And I'm a chick!
    Thanks again!!!
    Last edited by belleotis; 03-15-2006 at 04:47 AM. Reason: It doesn't look right

cool. chicks stick together.

glenji2k4 is offline With every ending, there is a new beginning... User Rank

I know this is late, but I work for Child Safety. It is not a "scam," per se, but It definitely misrepresents itself on the internet. Just doing a simple Monster.com query you will see a barrage of ads touting things like "management training program," and "earn $400-600 a week over the summer." What you won't see is the truth about the job, that they'll have you selling stuff off of a table and working 14 hour days for dick pay. It is not a 'scam', but just know that it is a shady job where you will be lied to and misled on a frequent basis and given empty promises, like health benefits (they do not offer them but they will tell you that they do just to get you to take the job). Also, the interview process is a HOAX because they hire ANYONE and EVERYONE!!! If you want a straight commission job where you'll work your ass off and not get paid much, and get treated like crap while working in an unprofessional and dubious atmosphere, then sign up!!! I'm currently seeking other employment, and I rue the day I ever responded to their stupid ad. Gullible people beware!!! I can go on and on about how much this place sucks, but I digress, for now.

P.S. "Vicky" is not a real person, and it is funny how the word SALES is nowhere to be found in any of the ads, yet that's all you'll be doing is SALES SALES SALES!!!!!!!
    Last edited by glenji2k4; 07-05-2006 at 06:44 AM.

Well, although I think the wording could have been better, I agree that not all auto-replies are a scam. I've gotten auto replies to resumes submitted from large, well established companies. And while mass hiring for "marketers" may not be something that you're interested in, it is a legitimate job. It may be a sucky, low paying job that you were "ropped" into thinking it was something else. But, still, it is a legitimate job. That said, I don't think Belle responded to an ad but was rather "solicited" for a job.

Anyway, I have a question for the person that worked/works at Child Safety. Can you tell me more about that co. I posted my resume on careerbuilder but am not entry level and dont want to waste my time going there. Someone named Danielle called and left me a message. I spoke with her and we're trying to arrange an interview for next week. She said it's a Marketing position. Maybe you can tell me what you think that's about? I really just dont want to waste my time. Their site says they work for Toys for Tots, Dare and the like? Any insight?

Well i work here now and i think the place is not that bad sometimes it is alittle silly but more fun. and its pretty cool how you can one day own your own company. i dont want to be a loser working a stupid 9 to 5 job, and make no money. Sorry if some of you just suck at a job where you have to push yourself to get your self a career. There is a lot more good than bad here. I dont understand how it is a scam to anyone when everything is real...explain what the scam is you make money people move up and they do marketing for other compnays werid .......good luck in other jobs in the futrue

Quote Originally Posted by msotonyc
    Well, although I think the wording could have been better, I agree that not all auto-replies are a scam. I've gotten auto replies to resumes submitted from large, well established companies. And while mass hiring for "marketers" may not be something that you're interested in, it is a legitimate job. It may be a sucky, low paying job that you were "ropped" into thinking it was something else. But, still, it is a legitimate job. That said, I don't think Belle responded to an ad but was rather "solicited" for a job.

Anyway, I have a question for the person that worked/works at Child Safety. Can you tell me more about that co. I posted my resume on careerbuilder but am not entry level and dont want to waste my time going there. Someone named Danielle called and left me a message. I spoke with her and we're trying to arrange an interview for next week. She said it's a Marketing position. Maybe you can tell me what you think that's about? I really just dont want to waste my time. Their site says they work for Toys for Tots, Dare and the like? Any insight?
    If you were roped into thinking a job was something other than what it was, that is a scam. The job itself may be legitimate, but the advertisement of the job is not, if it leads job seekers to believe they are potentially getting into something else. Why would a company need to mislead potential applicants about the jobs? Because as you say, they are "sucky low paying jobs". So the company misleads to get people to fill the positions. Of course, if they'll mislead a potential employee on the job ad, why should one believe they won't continue the deception once the job starts?

Better to stay away from any job that has to trick you into replying to them.

My opinion of course.

Colin Neilson

glenji2k4 is offline With every ending, there is a new beginning... User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by frankw
    Well i work here now and i think the place is not that bad sometimes it is alittle silly but more fun. and its pretty cool how you can one day own your own company. i dont want to be a loser working a stupid 9 to 5 job, and make no money. Sorry if some of you just suck at a job where you have to push yourself to get your self a career. There is a lot more good than bad here. I dont understand how it is a scam to anyone when everything is real...explain what the scam is you make money people move up and they do marketing for other compnays werid .......good luck in other jobs in the futrue
    Oh yeah because "all people who work 9 to 5 are losers" /sarcasm. So pathetic - they've got to you too. Just think about those words before you say them again. I know that they were 'implanted' in your head. That's how the company operates, and thrives - by its propaganda.

I thought the same things when I first joined. Just know that in assuming their mentality you are a mere sheep/clone (no offense but it's true). It is an organization that thrives on a cult, elitist mentality (all "non-believers" will be persecuted! Just try to say something bad about the business in atmosphere and see what happens). Google DS Max the aftermath for more information on this and many other company's dubious origins. You will see how the company will lie to you and how you yourself will become a pathological liar. If you are cool with being this type of person than maybe the job is for you. I for one will not compromise my integrity and alienate my family for the jaded promises of future riches. To me the ends here just do not justify the means.

Remember, Google DS Max the aftermath. Look over the website, and then make an informed decision on whether you want to do that as a career.