+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Roe v. Wade for Men

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    ......and people taking responsibility for their actions.
    Wouldn't you agree?
    Lady Mod
    You hit the nail on the head. People taking responsibility for their actions seems to be a thing of the past. Should people be allowed to shirk their responsibility in murder cases, robbery incidents, and cases of fraud? No, they are forced to "pay the piper". Why is this man (and I use the word lightly) not responsible for looking after his offspring? Can I just someday say "screw this" and leave my wife and kids with no support? Well that is what some irresponsible posters believe should be allowed to happen. I'm sorry, he called the tune, now he should be proud to be a father and do all he can to make this little one a productive member of society, not a responsibility shirker like some have suggested.

btw... that "offending instrument" post was funny but not entirely a mans fault. God, unfortunately, gave man two heads but only enough blood to run one at a time.

First off I would like to say that I don't support any "right" to kill a child after it's being conceived. That being said I believe in this experiment we call the United States of America...and it is still an experiment.

To those who say "he should have kept his wanger where it belonged", as if he was about to enter a foul stenchfull abyss. What happened to the "she should have never open the gates". I believe parents use these metaphors when their daughter brings a child into the world and they refuse to support the child.

I say if she is allowed to choose to kill the child then I should at least get to have my sperm back...I did donate that portion.

If she is allowed to, what used to be the defacto choice, make a choice to keep the child I should not be excluded from visitation. As for "It's mine because I went through the pain and suffering of pregnancy", there's such things as (stop me if you've heard of them) surrogate mothers, test-tube babies,... resorting to a chastity belt.

I say if they choose not to use a contraceptive then parental and financial rights should not be a right for both parents but compulsory.

As for the burden on society bit... We all have to live with our "Mistakes" right. I don't believe in abortion, but if it's going to be a national policy...I think men should get their fair shake.

Together they choose to have intercourse, Together they should decide on "post conception euthanasia" and parental responsibilities. They both get a vote and if their is a deadlock then this is where it gets interesting. The state steps into the sexual decision making and examines both of their genes and the person with the dominant genes gets make the decision.

Altogether this smells of a pre-coital contract ala Chapelle.

Oh yeah and remember last month was "Black History Month". For all of the social and economical inequities I still want my reparations check. So white women, 'no let me hear you complain now', alot of minority women have put up with "Dead beat dad's" and raised strong and successfull children. I can't believe you worry about the strain on society. You know who's on welfare right? right.

I don't think a kid should be without a mother and father but if she makes a choice to end the relationship and it ain't because of abuse, then he shouldn't have to pay...knowing damn well in today's society, the man stayed 1. because he assumed that the relationship would continue or 2. not to hear her nag all day but to raise the child he loves.

I think men in the future will eventually be pushed to the point of getting conception insurance and contracts and never ever...ever donating to sperm banks unless it is to be had at a premium price.

It's funny that some women want to say "keep your thing in your pants", but will let us talk them into going home and then act as if their is only one participant in the intercourse as if it was temporary insanity. Where did all of this denial come from? It ain't a woman's duty to please a man and vice-versa...they can try, but it ain't the partner's responsibility.

And I've just gone on a tangent...but I have a sneaking suspicion that some women still carry a deep resentment towards God ,or "mother earth" if you will, and a jealousy towards man. But having both equal intrinsic value why do we always try to negate each other and rob each others rights. Lately I have met alot of guys who would love to stay at home parenting. Liberia just got a new female president. Lets stop the bickering. I won't do it if there's no contract and there's a mark on my driver's license, I hope you remember to check cause it says "Not a sperm donor", it costs your sole rights to the egg I may or might not have fertilized. (and then have her look at me like that breaks the mood). Or maybe I should just walk in the room with a cup of chilled sperm and an unlimited line of credit and leave, like I was giving away sand at the beach. I want justiiiiice.

~FIN~

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    You hit the nail on the head. People taking responsibility for their actions seems to be a thing of the past. Should people be allowed to shirk their responsibility in murder cases, robbery incidents, and cases of fraud? No, they are forced to "pay the piper". Why is this man (and I use the word lightly) not responsible for looking after his offspring? Can I just someday say "screw this" and leave my wife and kids with no support? Well that is what some irresponsible posters believe should be allowed to happen. I'm sorry, he called the tune, now he should be proud to be a father and do all he can to make this little one a productive member of society, not a responsibility shirker like some have suggested.

btw... that "offending instrument" post was funny but not entirely a mans fault. God, unfortunately, gave man two heads but only enough blood to run one at a time.
    Well then no more abortion and as far as shirking responsiblility...I was under the impression that the normal pretense for conception was in the confines of a relationship, but if a "woman" leaves the relationship because she decides she wants a better bread-winner I should definitely not have to pay if she retains full custody of the children. Plain and simple...I ain't payin' for kids I ain't seeing and raising. That to me is not the definition of a "proud father".

Quote Originally Posted by GariusB
    Well then no more abortion and as far as shirking responsiblility...I was under the impression that the normal pretense for conception was in the confines of a relationship, but if a "woman" leaves the relationship because she decides she wants a better bread-winner I should definitely not have to pay if she retains full custody of the children. Plain and simple...I ain't payin' for kids I ain't seeing and raising. That to me is not the definition of a "proud father".
    But it is the definition of a DEAD BEAT DAD.

Very few women will keep children from seeing their father. Statistics prove that it's usually the men who seem to forget they have children and won't bother to go see them.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask View Post
    Well geez, if a man doesn't want to be a daddy, don't have sex. Then he will know he hasn't fathered any children.

Just Say NO.... ;)

Lady Mod
    Well geez, if a woman doesn't want to have a baby, then quit spreading your legs.

The amazing double standard of the prochoice morons