+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Roe v. Wade for Men

Roe v. Wade for Men
    By Mary Conway
    Web produced by Christine Lasek
    March 9, 2006

There is a controversy brewing that has become known as Roe v. Wade for men. An unwed father in Michigan believes if women have a right to choose, then men should have that right, also. He is filing a lawsuit, claiming his child support payments violate his constitutional rights.

Matthew Dubay is the unwed father from Saginaw who has filed the suit in federal court, saying his court ordered child support payments violate his constitutional rights.

His attorneys from the National Center for Men call this Roe v. Wade for men, because they say if a woman has the right of choice, men should be able to choose not to pay child support.

According to Dubay, "I do feel I was blindsided by this woman. She is now making me pay for a child, when she knew up front that I was not ready to be a parent at this point."

His ex-girlfriend Lauren Wells, who is raising their daughter, disagrees.

"He chose, I mean really, he chose that risk. And everybody knows where babies come from. It was his choice before the child was even conceived. That was where his choice was," Wells stated.

In the past, courts have ruled that the men’s rights are outweighed by the state’s rights to have that child supported.

Dubay’s attorney says they’re not trying to force anyone to have an abortion. They just want men to be able to say they aren’t willing to support the child.

According to Jeffery Cojocar, Dubay’s attorney, "We don’t want a male to be forced into fatherhood, when that is not what he wants. And it’s discussed. We’re not seeking some type of right to force a woman to have an abortion, or force to abort a child. That’s not what we’re seeking. We just want men to have equal choice, as women do, under the paternity act."

According to the Dubay, he claims Wells assured him she was on birth control, and therefore could not conceive, which is why he hadn’t used protection.

Dubay’s attorneys have suggested that there should be some sort of window when a man can make a choice about whether or not he wants to go through with becoming a parent, after he has been informed of the pregnancy.

The case will likely be heard up in Bay County.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I really have to comment on this idiocy?

Re: Roe v. Wade for Men

stupid guy. case is gogn to get thrown out; his choice, like the article stated was when he decided to have unprotected sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash
    "We don’t want a male to be forced into fatherhood, when that is not what he wants."
    Do I really have to comment on this idiocy?
    I like the old days when a man was a Man, and a woman was Woman. In the old days it was 'A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do and a woman does whatever you tell her to.'
    --Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Wizywyg
    stupid guy. case is gogn to get thrown out; his choice, like the article stated was when he decided to have unprotected sex.
    “Stupid is not an adequate defense in the eyes of the law”
    ---Phinnly Slash Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Phinnly Slash Buster
    “Stupid is not an adequate defense in the eyes of the law”
    ---Phinnly Slash Buster
    Stupid is as Stupid does, my momma always told me.

Batarang Force

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash
    Matthew Dubay is the unwed father from Saginaw who has filed the suit in federal court, saying his court ordered child support payments violate his constitutional rights.
    Now there's a man who ain't worth the sh!t stuck to his anal hairs. But it doesn't surprise me, "approximately 30 million children in the USA are owed more than $41 billion (that's billion with a "b") in unpaid child support, according to estimates by the Association for the Enforcement of Child Support (ACES)."
    But hey, aren't we all just one big happy dysfunctional family! And the kids probably better off without a pos like that teaching him/her anyway.

umdkook Guest

i cant believe a lawyer actually agreed to take this case.

Well geez, if a man doesn't want to be a daddy, don't have sex. Then he will know he hasn't fathered any children.

Just Say NO.... ;)

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Well geez, if a man doesn't want to be a daddy, don't have sex. Then he will know he hasn't fathered any children.

Just Say NO.... ;)

Lady Mod
    Yeah exactly!!!!
    This is more humiliating than the “Bobbitt” thing for this guy.
    The only thing worse than not having a tallywacker, is,,,,,,,
    Not knowing how to use the one you got!!!!

Impact Worldwide Guy Guest

I know I am going to get attacked, but I agree with the man in this case and here is why.

A man and a woman agree to have sex, she gets pregnant – so far the have both equally contributed in the act, what happens next in were the inequality starts.

If the woman wants to have an abortion and the man does not – tough she will have the abortion. Even if they agreed before to have the child, even I they are married – she can kill his child.

Now if the man does not want to have the child – he still has no choice. To bad the woman can have the child and he has to support it.

This is not a fair situation. The equitable thing would be for the man to make the choice that he does not want to have the child and is not willing to help support the child.

At that point the woman can decide to keep the child and raise it on her own – or abort the child.

That seems to be the fairest solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Impact Worldwide Guy
    I know I am going to get attacked, but I agree with the man in this case and here is why.
    How old are you???
    Sounds like something you would expect to hear from a 12 yr. old.
    And no sonny I won't attack you LOL.
    The good lord says we should be kind to dumb animals.

Impact Worldwide Guy Guest

What is the flaw in my logic - why doe the man get no choice in the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Impact Worldwide Guy

This is not a fair situation. The equitable thing would be for the man to make the choice that he does not want to have the child and is not willing to help support the child.
    Interesting, the man suddenly may walk away from his financial obligations simply because he was unwilling to use a condom? As I said, if a man does not want to have a child he can abstain from having sex. If he can't abstain, he should use a condom.

Lady Mod

epsdirect Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Interesting, the man suddenly may walk away from his financial obligations simply because he was unwilling to use a condom? As I said, if a man does not want to have a child he can abstain from having sex. If he can't abstain, he should use a condom.

Lady Mod
    Yes but your comments have nothing to do with the matter at hand, the condom issue over and done with.

Does the man have the same right to "choose" as a woman? I think this is an important question. Even though I am seperated, I raise and support my 4 y/o daughter. But is it ok to have this issue "one sided".

Interesting case. I know with the way our court is structured now, it will not be heard, but still, on merits, it is a good case to review.

Quote Originally Posted by epsdirect
    Yes but your comments have nothing to do with the matter at hand, the condom issue over and done with.

Does the man have the same right to "choose" as a woman? I think this is an important question. Even though I am seperated, I raise and support my 4 y/o daughter. But is it ok to have this issue "one sided".

Interesting case. I know with the way our court is structured now, it will not be heard, but still, on merits, it is a good case to review.
    Had you made a decision 5 years ago that you were not ready for fatherhood?

Was it not within your power to exercise that right not to conceive a child with a woman? To make the decision not to have children?

Did you or did you not exercise that right/decision BEFORE the moment of conception? In other words, eps, did you or did you not wear a condom or abstain from having sex?

If you do not wish to have children, are not willing to wear a condom or abstain from sexual behavior, get a vasectomy. In fact, a lot of ills over abortion would go away if men would take as much responsibility in pregnancy prevention as they expect women to. Stop being such lazy bastards.

Pregnancy prevention is not just the womans job.

My comments have everything to do with the subject we are discussing. Prevention is the core issue. If you aren't adult enough to prevent a pregnancy from happening by altering your own behavior, then it IS your financial responsibility to help support the child, it is not the state's responsibility.

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 03-13-2006 at 11:03 PM.

Lady Mod,
    She tricked me!!! I didn’t want to do it..... but then she………………..
    And then she…………
    And nine months later…. How can you say IT’S MY FAULT????
    Besides I was very drunk at the time, she was a friend of my sisters and she came on to ME!! REALLY!! How can you say that’s my fault.

don't get me started....LOL
    You need a licence to drive,
    you have to register to vote
    even to get a library card they make you fill out a form and sign it.
    But..
    Any retard can become a parent
    and then post here to complain about it.....????????