+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chase.com Bank card scam

first post, so no idea how to arrange things.

so, i recieved this email:
    email header:
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Received: from user-ho025ctfsw ([61.216.52.56]) by bay0-mc7-f11.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.211); Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:37:36 -0800
    Received: (qmail 4167 by uid 453); Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:37:41 +0800
    X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jHlihmMFTzc3/LcyygAPZvswyDMQeFphTw=
    Return-Path: [email protected] not even my address
    X-OriginalArrivalTime: 09 Mar 2006 17:37:36.0716 (UTC) FILETIME=[27BCF0C0:01C643A0]

one thing i noticed, http://kanaweb.bankone.com takes you to some page saying test this is 55
    Dear customer,
    We at Chase, would like to remind you that your Chase Account has not been updated to the latest Online Access Agreement for Chase Online Services.
    In order for us, at Chase to guarantee your online security, you need to update your account information. We urge you to partner with us to prevent consumer fraud, by going through the 2 steps Jpmorgan Account Confirmation process. This operation involves logging in and confirming your identity over a secure connection at:

- Click on: *link removed*

After completing this process, you will be informed that your account has been updated and you will be redirected to the actual Online Access Agreement, for you to review.
    Thank you for choosing Chase as your Financial Institution.
    When you use Chase Online or Chase Business Online Banking, we guarantee that you will be covered 100% for any funds improperly removed from your Chase accounts, while we are handling your transactions, subject to your responsibility, described below.
    1999 - 2006 Chase Bank. All rights reserved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire Chase OnlineSM system.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Chase Bank OnlineSM Support, N.A.

ABOUT THIS MESSAGE

This service message was delivered to member as a Chase Card customer.
    Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this message will not be responded to.

2006 JPMorgan Chase & Co.
    a few things:

a) i dont have a chase card...
    b) using spoof information in the forms WORKS
    c) copying and pasting the link brings me to 404 on chase's site

what can i do to stop this?
    Last edited by chinkostu; 03-09-2006 at 07:20 PM.

Re: Chase.com Bank card scam

Not sure, can you tag it as spam in your inbox? I know Chase and some other big credit card companies have had big problems with these types of scams...

Sounds like a phishing attempt. NEVER log into your accounts through a link sent through the email. ALWAYS log into your accounts through your bank's or credit card's home page. You can forward the phishing email to someone at Chase's bank. I would recommend contacting Chase and doing this.
    Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jaimedara
    Sounds like a phishing attempt. NEVER log into your accounts through a link sent through the email. ALWAYS log into your accounts through your bank's or credit card's home page. You can forward the phishing email to someone at Chase's bank. I would recommend contacting Chase and doing this.
    Good Luck!
    have forwarded it to [email protected] (or whichever was on their site).

i can report it as spam in hotmail, but will that do anything?

I don't think reporting it as spam in hotmail will do much of anything. But you sending it to abuse at Chase is a good move. It's good you didn't click on it. Let us know if Chase gets back to you regarding this.

Hi:

Do a WHOIS search on the target website, and report it to the hosting company. That way they will have the website shut down.

I KEEP GETTING THIS GOD DAM STUPID PHISHING SCAM LETTER & I ALSO GOT IT TWICE TODAY THIS MORNING:

We recently reviewed your account and suspect that your
    ChaseBank Account may have been accessed by an
    unauthorized third party.Protecting the security of
    your account and of the ChaseBank Network is out primary
    concern.Therefore,as a preventative measure we have
    temporarily limited access to sensitive Chase Bank Account
    Features.

Clic The link below in order to regain access to
    your Chase Cardmembers Account,simply:

https://www.chase.com/

Please fill in the required informations.
    This is required for us to continue to offer you a safe
    and risk free environment.

Sincerely

Account Online Management

Quote Originally Posted by chinkostu
    first post, so no idea how to arrange things.

so, i recieved this email:
    email header:
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Received: from user-ho025ctfsw ([61.216.52.56]) by bay0-mc7-f11.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.211); Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:37:36 -0800
    Received: (qmail 4167 by uid 453); Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:37:41 +0800
    X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jHlihmMFTzc3/LcyygAPZvswyDMQeFphTw=
    Return-Path: [email protected] not even my address
    X-OriginalArrivalTime: 09 Mar 2006 17:37:36.0716 (UTC) FILETIME=[27BCF0C0:01C643A0]

a few things:

a) i dont have a chase card...
    b) using spoof information in the forms WORKS
    c) copying and pasting the link brings me to 404 on chase's site

what can i do to stop this?
    Yes, Jaimedara and Scamblighter gave you good advice, which you should follow-up.

The return path is where any replies to the email would be forwarded, it might be the originator's email address.

Add the sender to your blocked sender's list.
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by saturnsc2
    I KEEP GETTING THIS GOD DAM STUPID PHISHING SCAM LETTER & I ALSO GOT IT TWICE TODAY THIS MORNING:

We recently reviewed your account and suspect that your
    ChaseBank Account may have been accessed by an
    unauthorized third party.Protecting the security of
    your account and of the ChaseBank Network is out primary
    concern.Therefore,as a preventative measure we have
    temporarily limited access to sensitive Chase Bank Account
    Features.

Clic The link below in order to regain access to
    your Chase Cardmembers Account,simply:

https://www.chase.com/

Please fill in the required informations.
    This is required for us to continue to offer you a safe
    and risk free environment.

Sincerely

Account Online Management
    Yes, follow the advice above. Also with these emails, they have one thing in common, spelling errors. Look out for the "s" after information.

Quote Originally Posted by BAILEYSCREAMS_REVENGE
    Yes, follow the advice above. Also with these emails, they have one thing in common, spelling errors. Look out for the "s" after information.
    son of a biotch! i just got this letter again! that's 3 times in one day! i forwarded it to that abuse chase bank address, & reported it to the internet service provider. i also put that e-mail address on my block list so it can't come through again...

Quote Originally Posted by saturnsc2
    son of a biotch! i just got this letter again! that's 3 times in one day! i forwarded it to that abuse chase bank address, & reported it to the internet service provider. i also put that e-mail address on my block list so it can't come through again...
    Good.

When you get phishing emails and spam in general, check the email address closely, if it is not from a free email provider eg hotmail, yahoo etc then add the whole domain (everything after the @ sign) to your blocked senders list. This will prevent anymore emails from that domain from entering your inbox. Don't block hotmail, yahoo or other free email providers or ISP's like AOL etc because this will prevent you from receiving any emails from those domains (and you know the whole world and their uncle has a free email like yahoo and hotmail).

Don't forget you can use filters to eliminate emails containing certain keywords so that they are deleted before entering your inbox. Look out for specific keywords that the spammers and phishers are using and add them to your filter.

Be careful not to add keywords that legit senders would use because this can prevent the emails you want from coming through.

I received a similiar e-mail from chase saying they needed more information on the new account i opened. First, don't click on any links within the message, that's how they can give you virus' and other junk you don't want. I deleted the message, consider changing your e-mail address to one that cannot easily be thought of............. good luck

My husband rcvd a phishing email from a fake Chase Bank source asking him to log in through the email and so forth... He does not have any Chase Bank accounts so we knew right away it was a phishing scam. The best advice is to check if your state has a law about spam and report it to the local law enforcement if they do have a spam law.
    There is no way to become rich by running scams unless you have joined the Dark Side

If you have a specific complaint about Unsolicited Commercial E-mail (spam) ...you can forward spam directly to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection at [email protected]
    There is no way to become rich by running scams unless you have joined the Dark Side

I've been receiving alot of spam about chase.com too.
    If you look carefully at the link they tell you to click on, it doesn't really bring you to chase.com.

I too receive a large number number of Chase Online phishing scam emails. I woke up today to ten and my day is just getting started.