+ Reply to Thread

Websites blocked by political stripes for Marines in Iraq?

Snip from an email sent by an anonymous US Marine to Wonkette.com:

Unfortunately anonomizers don't work out here (never have). Anyway, I had a few minutes today and thought I'd look and see what else was banned on the Marine web here. I think the results speak for themselves:

* Wonkette – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.wonkette.com/) is categorized as: Forum/Bulletin Boards, Politics/Opinion.”

* Bill O’Reilly (www.billoreilly.com) – OK

* Air America (www.airamericaradio.com) – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.airamericaradio.com/) is categorized as: Internet Radio/TV, Politics/Opinion.”

* Rush Limbaugh (www.rushlimbaugh.com) – OK

* ABC News “The Note” – OK

* Website of the Al Franken Show (www.alfrankenshow.com) – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.airamericaradio.com/) is categorized as: Internet Radio/TV, Politics/Opinion.”

* G. Gordon Liddy Show (www.liddyshow.us) – OK

* Don & Mike Show (www.donandmikewebsite.com) – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.donandmikewebsite.com/) is categorized as: Profanity, Entertainment/Recreation/Hobbies.”
    Link

Re: Websites blocked by political stripes for Marines in Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    Snip from an email sent by an anonymous US Marine to Wonkette.com:

More than anything the censorship at the front tells us more about how Bushco wants to shut down everyone’s access to info. The Patriot Act, NSA The Google controversy, ID and the incessant whining from the evangelicals are all efforts to turn us into a nation of mushrooms. The Military censors can’t be very effective 72% says it all. Is ‘Impeach Bush’ worse than ‘a$$ f^ck’ on their filter? Probably.

umdkook Guest

only a fool doesnt know what theyre getting into if they join the Marines these days. Theyre like fodder used by the DOD for whatever cockahammy fight they want...

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

This is also why we need to educate these kids BEFORE they join the military service. Keep these recruiters out of the schools and away from our children.

Lady Mod

i have this to say about the marines.i have a son who is to become a major this year in the marine corp.he served in iraq 1!and i have followed his life since he went out to california with a buddy and on a whim and joined up!?VIVA LA STRIPES!?ok!!so that was the army!?but anywho.......i have over the course of time come to know the marines as a very special group of soldiers.and my observance of the higher ranking of same on c-span has confirmed in my mind the humility with bravery that makes this part of the service extraordinary!?(FIRST IN BATTLE?)but like i say.i have only experience with the marines.and who else has the claim to the halls of montezuma!?why it reminds me of a christian soldier song!?hehe!!just compare commercials for joinup!?just askin!?hey!i guess if the christ was murdered then a war must be on and someone has to be first in line to take a bullet!?or be confident enough to resist the act of murder/shoot to kill while preserving the peace by intervention!?will an intelligent man die for ignorance!?talk about a leap of faith!?to each his own i assume!?for what is in-tell-igence but that voice/impulse that says......do this!?hehe!!
    Last edited by lexx; 03-14-2006 at 06:21 AM.

umdkook Guest

congratulations to him!!! i only hope the honor and duty that he has sworn to his country is not shoved back in his face by our commander in chief, metaphorically speaking of course.!.!