+ Reply to Thread

scamnemesis is offline I am a professional female a-hole! User Rank

Is Internet Opinion Group still ok?

Or are they freezing accounts and all that crap. I want to work on getting one of their laptops, but I do not want to be stuck with a bunch of subscriptions if they are pulling the YF crap.

Re: Is Internet Opinion Group still ok?

They are a YFD site, so if you violated t.erms you will get a suspended account. To my understanding, the only people getting their accounts suspended are the ones breaking the t3rms. Some people are doing offers multiple times, and some aren't following page requirements. This is why their accounts are being suspended.

However, YFD sites in general are getting tougher. This past week I was actually doing an IOG $1K Visa gift card, and I was about to finish it, I had 2 offers left on the 3rd page. However, as of yesterday, they CHANGED the 3rd page to be all credit card offers :mad:

So if you plan on doing a YFD(IOG = YFD) site, be warned, you'll have to get ATLEAST 3 credit cards.
    DIY:
    Sony PSP from yoursmartrewards.com - RECEIVED

Ref based:
    $250 - yourfreeflatscreens.com - RECEIVED
    $175 - gear.free4me - RECIEVED

Quote Originally Posted by Excel

However, YFD sites in general are getting tougher. This past week I was actually doing an IOG $1K Visa gift card, and I was about to finish it, I had 2 offers left on the 3rd page. However, as of yesterday, they CHANGED the 3rd page to be all credit card offers :mad:
    This happened to me too! I was doing the IOG 1k visa and I usually try to finish everything at once, but I needed another gift card so some time passed and then I just saw all of those damn credit cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Credit cards make me crazy.

Same, one of the offers I was going to do was known to have sketchy customer service, so I decided I was going to grab a gift card incase they pulled any funny buisness. When I went to go complete it, it was all different.

I dunno what to do now, FIRST and FOREMOST, I don't want even 1 credit card, let alone 2. Second, I doubt I could even get approval for a credit card. I'm a college student with no job, after all :(
    DIY:

Ref based:

Maybe they will change the offers back to something reasonable. You are smart to be reluctant to get a credit card while in college; I went insane with credit cards while in college :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by girlonjourney
    Maybe they will change the offers back to something reasonable. You are smart to be reluctant to get a credit card while in college; I went insane with credit cards while in college :rolleyes:
    I am doing this InternetOpinionGroup and I didn't have to do any credit cards. I am just a lucky one probably.

Excel,

If you've got NO credit cards currently, you should sign up for one. It's actually very good for your credit rating to have a credit card and keep it paid off.

What's not good for your credit is applying for tons of cards over a short period of time.

Not sure how college student status would impact this, but I suspect they would still consider you for a card, though your credit limit might be lower.

Cheers,
    dfo

Thanks for the advice DFO. I know its good to build your credit status early, I've contemplated getting a credit card before hand. However, my parents have always strongly recommended against it, which is why I've never really acted on it.
    DIY:

Ref based:

Quote Originally Posted by dfo
    Excel,

If you've got NO credit cards currently, you should sign up for one. It's actually very good for your credit rating to have a credit card and keep it paid off.

What's not good for your credit is applying for tons of cards over a short period of time.

Not sure how college student status would impact this, but I suspect they would still consider you for a card, though your credit limit might be lower.

Cheers,
    dfo
    CC companies LOVE to give cards to college students. At least that was my experience while I was in college (many blue moons ago!). As another poster stated I think they will just give you one with a lower limit, say $500.

scamnemesis is offline I am a professional female a-hole! User Rank

The c/c they offer would actually be good for me then I can transfer these high interst ones over to those so I dont mind. I am trying to talk my fiance into helping me get this laptop cause he has better credit and is more likely to get approved though. He is like major mr. skeptical Jesus Christ could give him a check and he would not cash it. He knows I need I a new PC for school and I cant afford to slap down $1000 for one, he doesnt care. Otherwise I am going to ask my brother to help me get it. I could try to get approved for the c/cards but I dont think I would ge them.

Everybody, you should get at least one credit card to start your credit history. It will be good for you. Don't apply for 4 of them though