+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gifting Scam - Power of People Network

Hi All:

I want to post about a scam that cost my family $3,500.00. It was a "gifting program" called Power of People Network. My husband answered an online ad stating "Make money at home for returning calls - no selling".

My husband took a chance. He was instructed to send $3,500.00 cash via Federal Express. Once the money was received, a guy named Jonathan from Corsicana Texas sent my husband about 200 phone numbers. He was instructed to call and tell these "leads" about the program and try to solicit them to send $3,500.00. Well, as you can imagine, this did not work out well as my husband just didn't have his heart in it because he suspected this was illegal.

Well, it is illegal and it's categorized as and "gifting program" which falls under the heading of "organized crime"! There are several groups that have gifting programs online, but this particular one was called Power of People Network. Please beware and do not get taken in by this scam.

I am in the process of notifying EVERY Attorney General in the country as well as the Better Business Bureau, IRS and the Federal Trade Commission. As you can imagine, they claim this money is tax free because it is a gift.

Re: Gifting Scam - Power of People Network

MARY!

:rolleyes: If that is your real name... It is obvious that you and your husband are not telling the truth about your experience with Power of People. First of all, there is no "soliciting" of any sort that goes on in the program. Phone calls are returned "ONLY" to people that have specifically requested info about home based programs and usually the people leave verbal requests for a member to return their call.

As far as you saying that you were scammed out of $3500 dollars...you once again are obviously being dishonest about that as well...Nobody is promised or guaranteed anything...it is up to each individual to participate. To be so 'BROKE" sounding...the way that you do...I don't have to wonder how or why you and your husband are that way in the first place.

If your husband would not have been a QUITTER...He might have actually improved the life of your family! Instead the choice to be a QUITTER won and once again...YOU ARE BLAMING OTHERS FOR YOUR SHORTCOMINGS!!!

I am certain that this is not the first time in your lives that you've blammed others for your problems.

The Power of People has been great for many and will continue to be just that...A REAL BLESSING FOR THOSE THAT DESERVE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE!

By the way...Why is it you and not your husband posting this rediculous garbage? :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by dddixon
    MARY!

:rolleyes: If that is your real name... stuffstuffstuffstuff...A REAL BLESSING FOR THOSE THAT DESERVE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE!

By the way...Why is it you and not your husband posting this rediculous garbage? :rolleyes:
    So then, it is a pyramid scheme?

PatoDorado Guest

Why would you ever be so stupid to give someone you don\'t know that much CASH? That\'s just plain stupid.

I have a great idea to make money and I need investors. Interested?

Also, my name is Prince Faheed Jimbar Sodary and my father the King has 20 billion dollars locked in a safe here in Nigeria. He has died and the great Umbaba Swahly of the Court of Justice has given me the rights to this money. All I need from you is $50,000 from you to buy the key to get into the safe and then I can split the money with you. Are you in?

I must admit, I do agree with PatoDorado in that why would you hand over that much cash to a complete stranger??? Most of us have made foolish mistakes, particularly when we have been feeling financial burdens but did this not appear to be to good to be true??? Because if it did...than it was.

But PatoDorado, there was no need to make fun...everyone does make mistakes..... and for a fair few members here.....they have been scammed one way or another....and then find this site....that's what happened to me....but thankfully it was no where near $3500.

And come on dddixon....whatever way you view this..... it is criminal and I believe mary and her family are victims here....foolish...but victims. You should be pointing your finger at the Power of People.

Where did you earn your degree in law?

Probably you are the one who scammed these people. You write like if you know them!
    Is obvious this a scheme to deceive people. Is unbeliavable!! how can you support a program that has "scam" written all over?

...nothing but thieves... just return the money already...

There is no need to be indignant if your business is legit.

I find when someone get indignant such as you have it must be a SCAM
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

MARY!

If your husband would not have been a QUITTER...He might have actually improved the life of your family! Instead the choice to be a QUITTER won and once again...YOU ARE BLAMING OTHERS FOR YOUR SHORTCOMINGS!!!

I am certain that this is not the first time in your lives that you've blammed others for your problems.

The Power of People has been great for many and will continue to be just that...A REAL BLESSING FOR THOSE THAT DESERVE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE!

If it's a gifting program it's illegal in every state of the Union. Elite Activity thought they were "above the law" as well until their leader and his idiotic attorney were shut down by a judge in Houston this month. Apparently they, for all their claims that it's legal were unable to convince the judge or the IRS.

See MLM scams, Elite Activity.

And be warned. If you are in one of these programs you are engaged in illegal activity. These kinds of programs prey on christians, christians are some of the most gullible people in the world.

Lady Mod

I would like to add to this thread warning everyone off 'Power of the People'. I just answered an ad on craigslist today (work from home, lots of cash, etc. etc.) to see what I would be pitched. 'Bill' called me from Georgia, spent about five minutes telling me how I would like to have more money (he must be psychic!) then asked if I wanted to join the program. I attempted to get him to explain exactly what the job was in more concrete terms than 'calling leads - wonderful program - tons of cash' and he got very frustrated with me. I asked him why he would expect me to pay a start-up cost to do something he would only explain to me after I paid it, and he went off on a tangent about me being cheap and un-adventurous or some crap like that. In the end, I did listen to the first ten minutes of this recorded message he gave me the number to, and it is definitely DEFINITELY a scam. Stay away from Bill!

Just out of curiosity, what was the number for the recorded message?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles78
    Just out of curiosity, what was the number for the recorded message?

It's supposedly a teleconference they held 'just last night'. It's entertaining to hear how long they go on and on telling you how they're going to tell you how to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamaface

It's supposedly a teleconference they held 'just last night'. It's entertaining to hear how long they go on and on telling you how they're going to tell you how to make money.
    Typical ploy engaged by those running illegal operations. I suggest that everyone send the number and program name to their state Attorney Generals warning them. Tell them how these guys run work from home ads on the Internet and the details. Someone alert the Craiglist that this is a pyramid scheme and not a legitimate work from home business and Craiglist will pull all their advertising. Become pro-active. The more of these operations that are exposed and shut down the fewer people that are scammed.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

I liked it when on the conference call he said "There's no fat cat at the top of the... uh, heap..." I'd bet my shirt he was about to say pyramid.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles78
    I liked it when on the conference call he said "There's no fat cat at the top of the... uh, heap..." I'd bet my shirt he was about to say pyramid.
    In a gifting scheme there are pyramids within pyramids. Boards they call them.
    And once you stop recruiting people into the scheme it falls apart. Those on the bottom have nothing.

I don't care how they explain it, it's a con job and if these "christians" really think that on judgment day God is going to bless them for stealing from folks they better go back and read their bibles again. The bible specifically teaches that a man is worthy of his hire. No where can you find anything in the bible where God blesses the con-man.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask

I don't care how they explain it, it's a con job and if these "christians" really think that on judgment day God is going to bless them for stealing from folks they better go back and read their bibles again. The bible specifically teaches that a man is worthy of his hire. No where can you find anything in the bible where God blesses the con-man.

Namaste'

Lady Mod
    I completely agree. I actually just left a job with an insane evangelistic boss that constantly spouted exactly what you just said. I'm in the process of reporting him to the Department of Humans Rights. I'll do something about the Power of the People thieves too.