+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Power of People Network scammed my family

Hi All:

I am new to this board and wanted to post about a scam that cost my family $3,500.00. It was a "gifting program" called the Power of People Network. My husband answered an online ad stating "Make money at home for returning calls - no selling".

My husband took a chance and sent a man named Jonathan in Corsicana, Texas $3,500.00 cash via Federal Express as he was instructed. Once the money was received, the guy sent my husband about 200 phone numbers to call and try to solicit them to send $3,500.00 to us. Well, as you can imagine, this did not work out well as my husband just didn't have his heart in it because he suspected this was illegal.

Well, it is illegal and it's categorized as "organized crime"! There are several groups that have gifting programs online, but this particular one was called The Power of People Network. Please beware and do not get taken in by this scam.

Thanks for listening!

Mary :mad:

Re: Power of People Network scammed my family

Mary,
    I'm a 62 year old retiree that has found success within my first 6 weeks in The Power Of People Network. I have invited 15 people into this wonderful progam and seen 9 of them have success immediately. You sound like a vengeful person who has a hard time holding yourself accountable. I believe what you put out in this life comes back 10 fold and your attempt to hurt those of us who have gotten off our behinds and made this program work will hopefully come back to you 100 fold. The Power Of People Network opperates in the spirit of goodwill and the utmost integrity and those are character traits you and your husband obviously do not possess. Being a person of poor character, you don't belong in our family. Be accountable and take responsability for your life. What you're doing here is wrong and you know it! You want to hurt good people who have done you no harm. That's who you really are. Do you really believe anyone with any brain at all is going to believe a vengeful, dishonest person such as you?

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa LLoyd
    Mary,
    I'm a 62 year old retiree that has found success within my first 6 weeks in The Power Of People Network. I have invited 15 people into this wonderful progam and seen 9 of them have success immediately. You sound like a vengeful person who has a hard time holding yourself accountable. I believe what you put out in this life comes back 10 fold and your attempt to hurt those of us who have gotten off our behinds and made this program work will hopefully come back to you 100 fold. The Power Of People Network opperates in the spirit of goodwill and the utmost integrity and those are character traits you and your husband obviously do not possess. Being a person of poor character, you don't belong in our family. Be accountable and take responsability for your life. What you're doing here is wrong and you know it! You want to hurt good people who have done you no harm. That's who you really are. Do you really believe anyone with any brain at all is going to believe a vengeful, dishonest person such as you?

Lisa
    Are you out of your mind???? How dare you call Mary dishonest and vengeful. What your so called group are, are criminals. You are the one that needs to learn honestly, integerity and good will. I think that you and your group must have been standing behind the door when God handed out those qualities because you certainly do not have them.

Quote Originally Posted by wahm
    Hi All:

I am new to this board and wanted to post about a scam that cost my family $3,500.00. It was a "gifting program" called the Power of People Network. My husband answered an online ad stating "Make money at home for returning calls - no selling".

My husband took a chance and sent a man named Jonathan in Corsicana, Texas $3,500.00 cash via Federal Express as he was instructed. Once the money was received, the guy sent my husband about 200 phone numbers to call and try to solicit them to send $3,500.00 to us. Well, as you can imagine, this did not work out well as my husband just didn't have his heart in it because he suspected this was illegal.

Well, it is illegal and it's categorized as "organized crime"! There are several groups that have gifting programs online, but this particular one was called The Power of People Network. Please beware and do not get taken in by this scam.

Thanks for listening!

Mary :mad:
    I am very sorry that this happen to you and your family. But I am glad that your husband did the right thing by not scamming others. Good luck to you and your husband for a better future.

Mary,

Lisa
    No, you're the dishonest, low-life, scamming, scum with low ethics. I hope Karma deals with you accordingly. You've got a nerve calling her vengeful when you're in fact the criminal here. You WILL eventually get prosecuted for promoting an illegal pyramid scheme.

The Power of People Network sounds just like the Women Empowering Women gifting scheme of the 1990's, no doubt this is the same spin on an old con trick.

Gifting schemes use the power of persuasion to encourage people into parting with their money. http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/...amid_clubs.htm
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

[QUOTE=wahm]Hi All:

:mad: I came so close too doing this. I thought I ought not to because I knew whomever joined in last & this thing folded, that person would be out and that wouldn't be cool. SO that & it sounding to good to be true, and instinct, kept me away from it. The guy I spoke to was a born salesman. Thank God for blessing me with discerning this time! :)

I thank you all who have written in support of my plight. God bless each and every one of you kind souls. :)

I can understand how someone who has been told they are operating in a legal program might be disturbed to think that the activity is illegal. It might anger them that they are involved in something that will land them in the FEDERAL PENITENTIARY. Perhaps this "Lisa Lloyd" might direct her attention to this information about what she has been told is legal activity and pass the info along:

http://www.alwaysreview.com/eliteactivity.htm
    http://www.dallas.bbb.org/news_20050215.html

The only place these people are going is to JAIL. I feel sorry for those being lied to about this illegal activity. I spoke to an attorney today with the Texas Attorney General's Office who confirmed, yet again, that this is ILLEGAL. No doubt they will be opening an investigation. :p
    Last edited by wahm; 03-16-2006 at 02:19 AM.

Well, I guess the scum at POPN couldn't take the heat so they've revamped the program. I heard the 3 hour call today and I can't stress enough how horrible it is, in my opinion. www.thepopnlife.com

Here's my question: The new levels are cheap to get in to at something like $199, $295, etc. Now, if you signed up last month and haven't gotten your money back then do you get a partial refund of your $3,500?

The new program is life-coaching like I had heard. I know this, if I were still in the same financial bind I was in a the time I signed up with the original POPN and found the new POPN, I'd pass it by.

One thing to note is that they are offering a type of product in the form of life coaching, but you still have to sign up with cash. However, it seems that they want a copy of your driver's license number, social security card, etc. to send checks to you on Fridays. Now, if you have to pay in untraceable cash, why do they get to pay you via check and tax you on it? After all we've learned about the criminal history of Mr. Parr, how could anyone send him their social security number with any level of peace?

Something still stinks to me.

Jon Parr, founder of
    Power of People Network

If you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, please tune in to NEWS 8 INVESTIGATES on May 9th at 10 pm. The award winning investigative journalist, Brett Shipp, will expose POWER OF PEOPLE NETWORK, POPN LIFE CO and their founder, JON PARR of Texas. :D

Jon Parr, founder of
    Power of People Network

Mary,

Lisa
    hmmm... well, i consider myself a fairly bright individual and i believe her. now, obviously someone such as yourself who would make these kinds of remarks completely unprovoked makes me think that this program is indeed illegal, unethical, and filled with evil people.

who could be part of such an evil scheme and look themselves in the mirror each day.... shame.

good for you wham for not stooping to such a selfish, greedy level and exhibiting some integrity.

Lisa on the otherhand, not sure how you can sleep at night, knowingly cheating innocent people out of money.... GOOD LUCK IN PRISON....YOU LOW-LIFE SLIMEY PIG!

BigFRANKY75:

Thank you for your vote of confidence! For those who are not believers, they can view the video link when I post it next week. The media doesn't do a story on something unless there is something to report.

Elbert West of Carthage, TN announced the new mailing address for POPN LIFE CO.

POPN LIFE CO
    1015 Atlantic Blvd.
    Suite 450
    Atlantic Beach, FL 32233

No surprise, but it is a UPS store, not a real company office:

The UPS Store #1469
    1015 Atlantic Blvd
    Atlantic Beach FL 32233

Elbert also announced that he was going to be getting everything negative about POPN LIFE CO off the 'net very soon. I can't imagine how he figures to do that.

Jon Parr, founder of
    Power of People Network

I have been contacted by many victims of Jon Parr & Power of People Network. One of the most common questions I am asked is where to file complaints and will it help. IT WILL HELP! If enough people come forward and file complaints, state and federal agencies will begin an investigation. An investigation of this type could result in Mr. Parr's assets being frozen in order to pay back the victims.

The following is a short list of some of the organizations I where I filed complaints.

United States Secret Service: Electronic Crimes Branch Comment Form - http://www.treas.gov/usss/contact_ecb.shtml

SEC Investor Complaint Form - https://tts.sec.gov/acts-ics/do/complaint

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) - http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

DOJ/OIG Report a Complaint - oig.hotline@usdoj.gov
    Office of the Inspector General
    U.S. Department of Justice
    Investigations Division
    950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Room 4706
    Washington, DC 20530
    http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/FOIA/hotline.htm

Complaint Form - https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Better Business Bureau - http://www.dallas.bbb.org/complaintsearch.html
    (and in your city too)

Rip-off Report.com - badbusinessbureau.com - http://www.ripoffreport.com/

NFIC Online Incident Report Form - http://68.166.162.20/repoform.htm

Distributor Complaint Form - powered by Responders.com - http://www.responders.com/respond/form.asp

LTGTBT: Contact Form - http://www.lookstoogoodtobetrue.com/pop/contact.htm

Jon Parr, founder of
    Power of People Network

Not another bashing thread.
    Anyway as with all scams/reports, Lisa we need to see proof!

"LisaLloyd" doesn't have any proof her program is legal because it isn't legal! This "LisaLloyd" person is just another supporter of the illegal program or someone who is ill informed.

She will soon be getting the proof she/he needs to know that what they are doing is wrong.

Jon Parr, founder of
    Power of People Network

NBC10 will be airing Luann Cahn's investigation tonight at 11pm eastern. The story will feature a victim in the area, her inviter as well as Elbert West of Carthage, TN.

NBC10 covers area in PA,NJ and DE. Tune in if you can, if not they will probably post the story on the website tomorrow. www.nbc10.com

:D

Jon Parr, founder of
    Power of People Network

Woman Loses Thousands In Pyramid Scheme

Corsicana Daily Sun, Corsicana, Texas - Web of deceit?

Someone needs to tell the FTC that the program is legal because they seem to think something differently.

Jon Parr, founder of
    Power of People Network